Gather around the fire with Your Living Legend

I been talking **** about those screens to the sideline to anyone who will listen.

Lashlee found the juice. It’s quick throws over the middle. He needs to add some more route combos to prepare for when teams start cheating on the slant.

It is no coincidence that the offense exploded when we made a point to attack the middle with quick passing.

If we gonna throw to the flats it should be to the backs after the wide receivers clear the area and make opposing linebackers chase them to the sideline.
Exactly. That middle is very useful when you clear it out and have a big target there. I'm not too big on intermediate middle passing with a short QB throwing into traffic.

Advertisement
This great and exciting win masks our problems and buys Manny more time. But this isn't sustainable.
The hope is to use these dog fights to build confidence and beat the other average teams left on the schedule. I don't think any astute football guys see this as great football even though last night was fun as **** aside from the mistakes and awful defense.

The hope is to use these dog fights to build confidence and beat the other average teams left on the schedule. I don't think any astute football guys see this as great football even though last night was fun as **** aside from the mistakes and awful defense.
Yes. The hope.
morgan freeman quote GIF

Advertisement
I'm living proof that hope will drive you insane.

The team is resilient. It's a critical trait to learn. It's not just answering a TD with another TD. That's great, of course. But there is a big difference between that and an opponent scoring a TD then capitalizing on a mistake and scoring a 2nd time to go up 14. How does the team respond to a huge momentum swing? A lot of teams will go in the tank. Our boys scrapped for every yard. King led the way. We need a score, our KR muffs the catch and then runs backwards 10 yards. Then King gets sacked. Everything going wrong but King has ice water in veins. Completion, completion first down. Mentally tough. I know lots could be better, but at least for this weekend I'm going to just enjoy one of the most riveting Miami games I've watched in a long time.

Manny should give King his salary this year cause if we didn’t have him the banners would be flying! An incompetent shïtshow that D is. Without King this team has what 2 wins maybe?

Good shìt Chise.

I feel like Pope will be next year's Mike Harley.

As long as he keeps working he'll become more consistent & be a full time playmaker for us, the kid has a similar work ethic to Mike's in that he will not allow his struggles to prevent him from continuing to work on his craft.

All he really needs to do is keep running on those 9 routes from the Boundary, I feel like sometimes he doesn't think he's gonna get it so he gears down but King will launch it & last second you'll see Pope fighting to pick up his speed to get under it.

But over the last 2 weeks when they have connected on some Deep throws Pope did a good job powering out past Man coverage & getting to the ball, I feel like King & Pope are beginning to gel & build that continuity that he already has with Harley.

Could be wishful thinking, but with the 21 WR's coming in & the TF's from the 20 class getting their opportunity, plus with Pope coming back I actually think we might mess around & have a very solid WR group next year.

Agree with it all, but unless TVD is able to step in or we go into the portal to find somebody, Im not sure we have a QB who can get them the ball. I have zero faith in Perry. I want the guy to do well I just dont think he has it

Advertisement
Gather round the burn barrel with Ol' TimeB0mb. All bums, hobos, drifters, vagabonds welcome. Night Train and Mad Dog 20/20 for all.

I just have one thing to say - Diaz has got some stones on him to kick on 4th and goal. I don't think he was making a cowardly call. Quite the opposite. I think he was gambling that the maligned defense would get a stop, get the ball back, and the O would score a TD to win the game. And **** if it didn't work. Diaz basically called his shot.
It makes a lot more sense that Manny was confident with this decision if he did, in fact, take over calling plays for the d.

Manny should give King his salary this year cause if we didn’t have him the banners would be flying! An incompetent shïtshow that D is. Without King this team has what 2 wins maybe?

Clemson has given up 65 first half points to Syracuse, Boston College and now Notre Dame the last three weeks.

Yours is such a flawed way to look at things. Great players win games for coaches and cover up their teams flaws. It's proven every single week across college football. Why should we be any different?

WHEW!!! I'll start by saying that was a wildly exciting football game. Back and forth. That was some old school Rocky fake boxing ****. It was another slugfest with a crappy opponent with a bad backup QB, but at least this one was fun to watch. Let's get right to it.

Pros:

--The King. This is a special special dude. He's tough as nails. Cool as a cucumber. A phenomenal leader. Just imagine what this season would be looking like right now if we didn't have that dude. Mabo would be circling the drain like a **** shot in the shower. That was the best QB performance I've seen at UM since Vinny beat OU with some superman ****. Sure, it wasn't for all the marbles or any of that other cliche ****, but it was incredibly important to THIS TEAM's season. Without that miracle performance, we lose to a crappy team, and the wheels officially fall off with us likely staring at at least 3 more losses.

King brings not only exceptional ability, but he's a guy that his teammates can rally around because of his toughness and leadership too. This dude's a dream QB for this program and Lashlee's system. I knew NCSU's D was a **** pile, but King still had to make those plays. Guys were open, but we've seen that before. Open doesn't mean the play will be made.

If we didn't have a handful of drops, King would have been a 90% passer for 500 yards with 600 total yards. Let that sink in. We've never seen anything remotely close to that. OK. I'm going to stop sucking King's dyck because my jaw is getting tired.

--The team's resolve. They made a lot of mistakes and came out sluggish and undisciplined, but they kept swinging.

--Joe B. That dude's automatic, and he gives us a guy we can rely on. If we didn't have him, we don't kick that late FG and probably fail on 4th and goal from the 5. And that onside kick didn't happen by accident. He drilled that dude with the ball on purpose.

--Cam Williams. It was one play, and I don't know if anyone even saw it, but it was pretty fun to see a DE 35 yards down the field running down a RB. That was hustle and some crazy athletic ability. Looked like Metcalf.

--Knighton for dropping a hat on NCSU's K. I love that kid's toughness. He's a tone setter. He's close to breaking a KO for TD, but it'll probably get called back anyway.

--Harley. This little dude has flipped the switch. He's pretty much catching everything, and he's a TD machine. Harley, before the last 2 weeks, falls down on that final slant that he housed. Now, he keeps his baby giraffe legs and balance and goes to the promised land.

--Pope. He's a con and a pro for me. He's an enigma, but I get the feeling he's right on the cusp of being the guy I always thought he would be. He was wide open for a long TD on one of King's only bad throws. He had another awful drop and a stupid drive killing selfish penalty, so it was tough to put him the pro section. I put him here because I admire grit almost more than anything, and he showed it last night. He could have folded after his early struggles, but he didn't. Kudos, Pope.

--OL. We rallied. NCSU is a terrible D, but that hasn't stopped us in the past from giving up a ton of sacks. We gave King more time than I can remember a UM QB getting consistently. Still not moving anyone in the run game, but we started getting it going a little bit late in the game.

--Nesta's super manly bull rush late. That was a momentum changer. Our DL isn't getting the pressure I thought they would, but that play was huge.

--Love little Couch. He's a tough kid with great football instincts. The way he evaded the RB on his sack is what we've been missing. Most of the time, our blitzers
just run into blocks and get absorbed. Not Couch. I love him blitzing from the slot because he's fast, tough, and smart. He's not looking to get absorbed.

Cons:

--Defense. Again, we let a ****** backup (and don't let anyone tell you that POS Hockaloogey is anything other than bad) get comfortable and play easy pitch and catch. The D is a shell of what it was. I cautioned when we decided to go up tempo spread that our D would suffer, but I don't think last night had much to do with our up tempo offense. We just looked lifeless, slow and clueless for 3 and a half quarters.

--Al Jr. He dropped a huge INT. On top of that, he's another one of our CBs who is either coached not to find the ball or just can't. There was a long pass early that was underthrown. If Al turns his head, he picks it off. Instead, the WR slowed down, turned around, and caught it. Bad stuff. Watch how Clemson's CBs turn around and make plays on balls, and then watch ours. Ours look like the mentally challenged kid running face first into a wall.

--Once again, just too many guys wide open all over the field.

--Pass rush is super weak. I overestimated Phillips's impact in the pass game. I love his motor and his relentlessness, but he doesn't get enough heat on the QB for some reason. With his motor and athleticism, it must be a lack of toolbox. Wouldn't mind seeing a little more 22 and 12.

--Penalties. The selfish penalties are absolute killers and so are the offsides on 3rd and 4. We are still a very undisciplined team. We were absolutely killing ourselves with untimely penalties on O and D yesterday. Drive killers and drive extenders.

Conclusion: Not sure that game proved anything, but wow was it fun to watch and win. NCSU is a REALLY bad defensive team, but we took advantage of that. We've played some really bad defenses in the past and made them look good by slowing the game down and playing tight formation football in a phone booth ****. Last night, we humiliated a bad defense, which is what I've been dying to see for years.

Defensively, we're pretty weak. Play Vag Tech, UNC, or even Wake like this, and they'll hang 50 on us. Good news is we can hang a lot on them too. I expect a lot of shoot outs for the remainder of this season. We're playing some good offenses, and we stink on D. If we can keep The King rolling like this, we should be able to out shoot the rest of em.

Put King is a fcking hotel and leave him there for the rest of the season. Test some hookers. Let them relieve him of his poison. Give him room service. Do whatever you have to do to keep the VID away from him. But if this guy isn't our QB, we are garbage.
You're spot on about King!

The importance of King just can't be overstated. His coolness and leadership are carrying Manny.

Dabo lost last night with a backup QB that put up 400+ yards 2 tds and 0 int? Nah, Dabo lost because he lost his team leader. He got plenty of production from the qb spot.

The improvements to the deep game are almost all on King. His footwork and accuracy have gotten really good lately. And his decisions to go deep have increased ever since the challenge to improve the deep game. The wr's and improved pass blocking deserve a lot of credit, but King is the difference maker for our season.

I think some of us hoped that he'd be plug and play but it turns out he needed some time to get familiar with Lashlee's philosophy's and the team around him on the field.

King is still getting better and Brevin is not back yet.

Looking forward to seeing more growth on O and a vastly improved defense next week.

Clemson has given up 65 first half points to Syracuse, Boston College and now Notre Dame the last three weeks.

Yours is such a flawed way to look at things. Great players win games for coaches and cover up their teams flaws. It's proven every single week across college football. Why should we be any different?
Its not a flawed way to look at things. We have an above average electric QB who has been the deciding factor in most games. I get it’s an offensive game now in 2020, but changes to the D need to get made. They constantly get lit up by nobodys at QB. This is a recurring theme for 5 years.

Advertisement
No they don't and no it hasn't.

I agree Manny needs to look at the defense, but the "give him his paycheck" talk is kind of silly.
Why is it silly? Remove King from the roster how many Ws does the team have with what we have on the roster? King is putting up numbers only a handful of CFB players have ever done. Talent like him doesn’t come around often just looking at statistics which everyone loves nowadays. D is st8 bunz. I was never sold, but the gimmicks produced turnovers & we improved. With that said it has gotten worse over the tenure. Finally yes Manny D made Hornibrook look like Elway, there are plenty of other examples if you dig into the stats. This year just feels like 17’ good record so far, but we are a few snaps away from 2-3 loses. We will see.

Advertisement
WHEW!!! I'll start by saying that was a wildly exciting football game. Back and forth. That was some old school Rocky fake boxing ****. It was another slugfest with a crappy opponent with a bad backup QB, but at least this one was fun to watch. Let's get right to it.

Pros:

--The King. This is a special special dude. He's tough as nails. Cool as a cucumber. A phenomenal leader. Just imagine what this season would be looking like right now if we didn't have that dude. Mabo would be circling the drain like a **** shot in the shower. That was the best QB performance I've seen at UM since Vinny beat OU with some superman ****. Sure, it wasn't for all the marbles or any of that other cliche ****, but it was incredibly important to THIS TEAM's season. Without that miracle performance, we lose to a crappy team, and the wheels officially fall off with us likely staring at at least 3 more losses.

King brings not only exceptional ability, but he's a guy that his teammates can rally around because of his toughness and leadership too. This dude's a dream QB for this program and Lashlee's system. I knew NCSU's D was a **** pile, but King still had to make those plays. Guys were open, but we've seen that before. Open doesn't mean the play will be made.

If we didn't have a handful of drops, King would have been a 90% passer for 500 yards with 600 total yards. Let that sink in. We've never seen anything remotely close to that. OK. I'm going to stop sucking King's dyck because my jaw is getting tired.

--The team's resolve. They made a lot of mistakes and came out sluggish and undisciplined, but they kept swinging.

--Joe B. That dude's automatic, and he gives us a guy we can rely on. If we didn't have him, we don't kick that late FG and probably fail on 4th and goal from the 5. And that onside kick didn't happen by accident. He drilled that dude with the ball on purpose.

--Cam Williams. It was one play, and I don't know if anyone even saw it, but it was pretty fun to see a DE 35 yards down the field running down a RB. That was hustle and some crazy athletic ability. Looked like Metcalf.

--Knighton for dropping a hat on NCSU's K. I love that kid's toughness. He's a tone setter. He's close to breaking a KO for TD, but it'll probably get called back anyway.

--Harley. This little dude has flipped the switch. He's pretty much catching everything, and he's a TD machine. Harley, before the last 2 weeks, falls down on that final slant that he housed. Now, he keeps his baby giraffe legs and balance and goes to the promised land.

--Pope. He's a con and a pro for me. He's an enigma, but I get the feeling he's right on the cusp of being the guy I always thought he would be. He was wide open for a long TD on one of King's only bad throws. He had another awful drop and a stupid drive killing selfish penalty, so it was tough to put him the pro section. I put him here because I admire grit almost more than anything, and he showed it last night. He could have folded after his early struggles, but he didn't. Kudos, Pope.

--OL. We rallied. NCSU is a terrible D, but that hasn't stopped us in the past from giving up a ton of sacks. We gave King more time than I can remember a UM QB getting consistently. Still not moving anyone in the run game, but we started getting it going a little bit late in the game.

--Nesta's super manly bull rush late. That was a momentum changer. Our DL isn't getting the pressure I thought they would, but that play was huge.

--Love little Couch. He's a tough kid with great football instincts. The way he evaded the RB on his sack is what we've been missing. Most of the time, our blitzers
just run into blocks and get absorbed. Not Couch. I love him blitzing from the slot because he's fast, tough, and smart. He's not looking to get absorbed.

Cons:

--Defense. Again, we let a ****** backup (and don't let anyone tell you that POS Hockaloogey is anything other than bad) get comfortable and play easy pitch and catch. The D is a shell of what it was. I cautioned when we decided to go up tempo spread that our D would suffer, but I don't think last night had much to do with our up tempo offense. We just looked lifeless, slow and clueless for 3 and a half quarters.

--Al Jr. He dropped a huge INT. On top of that, he's another one of our CBs who is either coached not to find the ball or just can't. There was a long pass early that was underthrown. If Al turns his head, he picks it off. Instead, the WR slowed down, turned around, and caught it. Bad stuff. Watch how Clemson's CBs turn around and make plays on balls, and then watch ours. Ours look like the mentally challenged kid running face first into a wall.

--Once again, just too many guys wide open all over the field.

--Pass rush is super weak. I overestimated Phillips's impact in the pass game. I love his motor and his relentlessness, but he doesn't get enough heat on the QB for some reason. With his motor and athleticism, it must be a lack of toolbox. Wouldn't mind seeing a little more 22 and 12.

--Penalties. The selfish penalties are absolute killers and so are the offsides on 3rd and 4. We are still a very undisciplined team. We were absolutely killing ourselves with untimely penalties on O and D yesterday. Drive killers and drive extenders.

Conclusion: Not sure that game proved anything, but wow was it fun to watch and win. NCSU is a REALLY bad defensive team, but we took advantage of that. We've played some really bad defenses in the past and made them look good by slowing the game down and playing tight formation football in a phone booth ****. Last night, we humiliated a bad defense, which is what I've been dying to see for years.

Defensively, we're pretty weak. Play Vag Tech, UNC, or even Wake like this, and they'll hang 50 on us. Good news is we can hang a lot on them too. I expect a lot of shoot outs for the remainder of this season. We're playing some good offenses, and we stink on D. If we can keep The King rolling like this, we should be able to out shoot the rest of em.

Put King is a fcking hotel and leave him there for the rest of the season. Test some hookers. Let them relieve him of his poison. Give him room service. Do whatever you have to do to keep the VID away from him. But if this guy isn't our QB, we are garbage.
Your best yet, Chise! Great read.

You're spot on about King!

The importance of King just can't be overstated. His coolness and leadership are carrying Manny.

Dabo lost last night with a backup QB that put up 400+ yards 2 tds and 0 int? Nah, Dabo lost because he lost his team leader. He got plenty of production from the qb spot.

The improvements to the deep game are almost all on King. His footwork and accuracy have gotten really good lately. And his decisions to go deep have increased ever since the challenge to improve the deep game. The wr's and improved pass blocking deserve a lot of credit, but King is the difference maker for our season.

I think some of us hoped that he'd be plug and play but it turns out he needed some time to get familiar with Lashlee's philosophy's and the team around him on the field.

King is still getting better and Brevin is not back yet.

Looking forward to seeing more growth on O and a vastly improved defense next week.
Very well said, friend. The QB position is about leadership as much as anything. When a QB puts a team on his back, the ENTIRE TEAM is different and rallies around him. Clemson without Lawrence loses its air of invincibility. The opponent thinks they can beat Clemson, and Clemson agrees. As a result, you see what you see despite Ugaleilei putting up numbers.

Phillips gets pressure on the qb it just hasn’t resulted in big sack numbers. He leads the defense in qb pressures
His pressure is leading to almost no disruption. I don't know how they tabulate pressure stats, but watching the games, I don't see his pressure resulting in anything very often. I love Phillips and think he can be great eventually, but I'm just calling what I see.

Advertisement
Back