Gary Patterson Has Had Enough

Advertisement
Advertisement
TCU’s Gary Patterson is encouraging local business leaders and Horned Frogs supporters to embrace college’s new name, image and likeness rules, saying the team is at risk of losing players to SEC schools attempting to lure athletes with compensation.

Speaking at an NIL event put on by the school Wednesday night, Patterson said if TCU doesn’t step up in that department, it’ll be left behind. He mentioned one freshman on his roster who’s being contacted by several SEC schools, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“There’s five SEC schools calling him and telling him, ‘Here’s what we’ll give you if you come here and not stay at TCU,’” Patterson said, according to the paper. “At the end of the day, that’s just real life. If we don’t do anything about it, within a year we lose him. The rules have changed. There is no wrong anymore.”

Patterson estimated that unless TCU has something in place by the end of November, there’s a chance the Horned Frogs could lose 25-30 players to the transfer portal.

“Everybody lives in the gray area. Everybody in this room lives in the gray area,” he said. “The bottom line to it is we’re going to have to live in the gray area if we want to keep up.”

HE NEEDS TO REPORT THOSE SCHOOLS FOR TAMPERING (RECRUITING VIOLATION).

NOT TO MENTION THE OBVIOUS VIOLATION AS TO THE NIL RULES (SCHOOLS CANNOT SET UP DEALS).

If any of what Patterson says is true (and who knows, it may just be a McSharkfvcker exaggeration), then he needs to take action with the NCAA, instead of encouraging his boosters to operate "in the gray area".

If Patterson is worried about players leaving TCU for small time NIL deals at mediocre SEC programs, that sounds like a “him” problem. Your school is in one of the nation’s biggest markets. You shouldn’t be scared that players will leave for Kentucky because they might get a small time NIL deal.
It is a him problem. That is obviously why he asking for help from business leaders and TCU supporters to step up. Did you bother to really pay attention to the OP or did you just automatically go "UGA or Bama or anybody else aren't taking TCU transfers?"

There should be some sort of rules so these kids can't be contacted by other schools. If the kid reaches out that is one thing but Alabama will hire people to do nothing more than start poaching players. Unreal what this sport has become
I thought that was already not allowed? If it is, that's complete bull****.

Advertisement
It is a him problem. That is obviously why he asking for help from business leaders and TCU supporters to step up. Did you bother to really pay attention to the OP or did you just automatically go "UGA or Bama or anybody else aren't taking TCU transfers?"
No, I read the original post. Not sure why Patterson waited until now to realize the NIL was real. The whole “SEC teams are going to take all our players” line is complete horse crap though. Probably should have reached out to the local businesses months ago

People are only fans of Miami here bro relax lol. There are a bunch of kids on tcu’s roster who could play “sec ball”
Are we talking “sec ball” like at Kentucky or Missouri or South Carolina? Or Bama, LSU, A&M and Georgia? Because that’s a big gap. Usually when people refer to players as “SEC types” they’re not referring to the also-ran programs.

Are we talking “sec ball” like at Kentucky or Missouri or South Carolina? Or Bama, LSU, A&M and Georgia? Because that’s a big gap. Usually when people refer to players as “SEC types” they’re not referring to the also-ran programs.
Their are multiple players on tcu’s team currently that had valid scholarships from every school you named. Several of them were on my 7 on 7 squad a few years back. And even if they were not worth contacting out of high school doesn’t mean they aren’t worth anything after seeing them acclimate to college. Everybody would have tried to get Greg Rousseau if this was us in this situation. Or if you want current times.. Keyshawn smith would be highly sought after now

Last edited:
He has nothing concrete that he can report (even though he knows its happening). Tampering is usually done in the background, Nick Saban isnt calling TCU players from his home phone. There are agents working the back channels that allow the school and its employees to stay clean and deny knowledge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still remember the 30 for 30 on SMU when ****erson said one of the Big 8 schools recruiting him had a Trans Am delivered to his house...he committed to SMU the next day :ROFLMAO:
Texas A&M and the Gold Trans Am. He didn't commit to SMU the next day i don't think, but he was torn about what to do about the Trans am for sure. The OL coach who was recruiting ****erson told them he didn't have to sign and let him make some calls. The rest is history. My favorite part about that is Craig James saying **** took a pay cut to play in the NFL LOL.

That was easily my favorite 30 for 30 outside of the one about The U

Advertisement
Back