Gary Patterson Has Had Enough

What’s funny is It’s been around years before blue chips. This was going on in the 70’s if not further .
Bill Yeoman was literally paying players in cash at his desk.

Advertisement
What’s funny is It’s been around years before blue chips. This was going on in the 70’s if not further .
Cribby..............so true... The gray area has always been there...it has not gone anywhere....just more emphasis and up front.........great point.

It definitely aint allowed, but when has that stopped any of them before lol.

Dudes act like Lane Kiffin is hitting up kids on face time telling them to come to Ole ****. Zero doubt everybody, including Miami, goes through back channels of family members and high school coaches to make this happen. Does anybody really think Tyrique Stevenson showed up at Hecht one day asking to talk to Manny?

Advertisement
What's A&M gonna do? Tell the NCAA they gave me a car and I changed my mind? LMAO
"HEY WE BRIBED THAT KID AND HES NOT HONORING THE BRIBE! " Dale Hansen

My mom is an SMU alum, she had classes with Eric(According to her, he's a real gentleman) so I'm well aware of what SMU once was. Imagine a world where Miami and SMU were fighting for the crown of the sport. That is what would have happened, had Texas not snitched.

Advertisement
He would have KILLED it at UM when JJ told Shalala to hire him in 07....Not to mention he was ripped off of a playoff spot in 2013...That TCU team may have Won it all...Great...Great Coach
I always liked Patterson from afar but never really dug in on him. Has his defensive approach struggled against the advent of the spread in CFB? Recruiting misses? Combination?

I always liked Patterson from afar but never really dug in on him. Has his defensive approach struggled against the advent of the spread in CFB? Recruiting misses? Combination?
He's done more with less for the last 12yrs than anyone in CFB...He did it with hand me downs from OU...Texas...Baylor..etc...I'm not talking wanting him now....but from 07-2015 he was killing it with 2 and 3* kids....

Texas A&M and the Gold Trans Am. He didn't commit to SMU the next day i don't think, but he was torn about what to do about the Trans am for sure. The OL coach who was recruiting ****erson told them he didn't have to sign and let him make some calls. The rest is history. My favorite part about that is Craig James saying **** took a pay cut to play in the NFL LOL.

That was easily my favorite 30 for 30 outside of the one about The U
I know this is a Miami board, but all this talk of SMU/****erson/Pony Exce$$ brings to mind the book A Payroll To Meet by David Whitford, written in 1989. It covers mainly the Ron Meyer/Bobby Collins era of SMU football and goes into detail on the coaches, boosters, dollar amounts, and just general recruiting shenanigans that took place in that era, mostly about SMU but some items about other schools during that time as well. I still own it, if you get a chance it is a pretty good read.

Advertisement
Should I start a thread for him to the U?
Nah.....boat has passed...But we'd have atleast 1 more NC if Shalala would have listened to JJ about Patterson....She turns around and hires Shannon instead....TCU was the best team in America in 2013...and got D*cked out of the playoff....That 5-2 Patterson runs absolutely SLAYED opposing teams...

Auburn was contacting a UNC freshman basketball player last year during the season and got him to transfer. 5 star, Walker Kessler

Advertisement
Nah.....boat has passed...But we'd have atleast 1 more NC if Shalala would have listened to JJ about Patterson....She turns around and hires Shannon instead....TCU was the best team in America in 2013...and got D*cked out of the playoff....That 5-2 Patterson runs absolutely SLAYED opposing teams...
Manny / yacht joke?

SEC ain't never letting it's grips go on cfb. This is their era and beyond. They not relinquishing that power there is to much money involved.

I don’t think there’s 5 players on his roster that the big money schools would bother with. If you’re Bama or UGA or even LSU, are you using a counter on a transfer from TCU? Maybe a school like Arkansas or Missouri but they’re not giving out huge “NIL” deals at either of those places.

I don’t doubt that recruiters at the big schools are telling kids “we can get you huge money deals” but they’re telling that to 5 star blue chip recruits not middle of the road players on middle of the road teams.
Who said anything about big booster schools?

If TCU aren't playing the game and **** knows, Ole Miss, are then guess where the kid is going to go?

Advertisement
Back