Gary Ferman Interviews Swasey

I'm not going to lie, I feel elated, and vindicated.

But also really ****ed off b/c most folks with a brain knew this guy was a disaster since 2005!! And yet he was allowed to fester and remain employed, when he couldn't even pass a goddam certification exam!!!!

Where are the clowns who defended him every year???? Where is Corch Macho to tell us how it doesn't matter?

His employment was the biggest slap in the face to Canes fans.

Not going to lie, I was one of those that was neutral on Swasey. I always assumed that it was Randy and Golden's direction that led us to relatively weak and/or poorly conditioned teams. A S&C coach who's competent in the field would be able to bypass them and still run a solid program.

The news that Swasey had issues passing a basic exam for someone who was in the position that he was for as long as he was is very troubling. Ferman fcked this story up. That would've been a bombshell of a story, but was just passed with a nonchalant attitude.

Count me as one who'll eat crow. But yes, I'm glad he's gone as there are plenty of suitable upgrades at the position.

Advertisement
Swasey was well liked by the players.... So f'ing what!!! Amateur hour is finally over and good riddance to all the ineptitude that has failed in almost every regard over the past decade, especially under the Golden regime. This is the The U!!! We shouldn't have to settle for a Temple coach and his gang of assistant coach cast offs and a strength coach who doesn't hold any of the basic certifications in his field. Thank you Coach Richt for doing the difficult but right thing for the program.

But also really ****ed off b/c most folks with a brain knew this guy was a disaster since 2005!! And yet he was allowed to fester and remain employed, when he couldn't even pass a goddam certification exam!!!!

Where are the clowns who defended him every year???? Where is Corch Macho to tell us how it doesn't matter?

I've been calling for Swasey be fired since Coker was let go. It is very disappointing that he was allowed to stay on this long. Cityboy, Macho, and DeezNuts have got some major crow to eat. I believe we'll probably start seeing the team turn the corner now. Long overdue.

Internet tough guy tweets Perryman that he and other Miami players have been "weak for years" and you all question the response?

But it was an accurate statement. Truth hurts

Doubt you or anyone else on here would say that to his face.

Just because someone wouldn't say it to their face doesn't make it not true. Yea noone wants to get their *** kicked, and?

People were making a big deal about Perryman's response. I felt his response was a normal one to someone calling him and his teammates weak. Thats all. Not saying Swassey shouldnt be fired. Just saying I thought Perryman's reaction was a normal one.

Misinterpreted. That's understandable.

I've been calling for Swasey be fired since Coker was let go. It is very disappointing that he was allowed to stay on this long. Cityboy, Macho, and DeezNuts have got some major crow to eat. I believe we'll probably start seeing the team turn the corner now. Long overdue.

I was calling for Swasey to be fired in 1997. I win.

Advertisement
Did Andrew seriously censor the contents of the interview?

Wow.

Yes, do you want to pay for everyone to have a CS subscription?

Can we paraphrase it at least? Here i'll go:

"Swasey said 'it's these new 2 star players fault that I couldn't pass a basic certification'"

"If we had Andre Johnson playing for us, I might be able to enter the actual weight room"

Advertisement
His inept abilities were really noticeable from 1999 - 2001...

Did you want your son being developed by a man who couldn't even pass a basic test? Who couldn't be bothered to prepare for it? What does that say about the seriousness with which Swasey took his job????

Advertisement
Im not against a change...the program needed it.. but to lash out with personal attacks...why? What purpose will it serve ...he is gone.. lets hope the next guy gets us a step closer to greatness

Advertisement
His inept abilities were really noticeable from 1999 - 2001...

Most of those players were trained by Tommy Moffitt at first. Then another strength coach that left with Butch to the Browns. Swasey was in over his head for a long time. Shaq will be much better off.

So everybody glossed over the part where he was implementing what coaches wanted

LOLOLOLOL maybe they would have let him run things his way if he had actually been able to pass a basic exam??

So you really think every coach told him "Swaze, we need our guys gassed by the 2nd quarter. We need to fall apart at the end of the season. Our big men must have a fat percentage. We want to be slower, and weaker in the skill positions" LMFAO you are still slurping this guys used car pitch.

Funny how it's only Swasey who gets the "he did what the HC asked" excuse.

Maybe Golden and Randy told the OL coaches to allow sacks?

Perhaps Randy told Walton "what I want is to give up a ton of points and yards, preferably in the last game at the OB"?

Advertisement
Back