Garvin to the NFL

Advertisement
Need jaelan Phillips to step up big time next year. Him lined across Rousseau will be downright filthy.... throw in Harvey and the rest of our pass rushers
His playing time will be in direct correlation with how he scores on Manny's festive metrics scale.

Last position we should worry about, probably saw Jalean Phillips eating into his reps next year along with Harvey

and

Patchan

Advertisement
And another idiotic decision by Miami player to enter the draft to not get drafted..........#TSM

Advertisement
I’ve got some specific information in this situation. And the big difference between agents and lawyers is that agents only get paid if the guy goes pro.
Specific info suggests he was told to stay and disregarded the advice. Some lawyers are on contingency so they are the same as agents. And agents don't care either. They want to sign as many as possible.

Advertisement
Rousseau is projected as a top 5 pick next year.

How about we just let that one play out before we make statements like this.

He was pretty great this year, but we were saying some similar **** about the man this thread is about not too long ago.

Rousseau and Jaelen Phillips is our best pair of DEs in a long time...I hope they end up better than a lot of the guys we are talking about in here of recent vintage.

Rousseau's season reminds me a lot of Calais' 2006...but Calais basically stopped playing once the month of October hit in 2007 and went from Top 5 pick to a much later pick...things turned out just fine for CC, but lets chill on projections of a RSFr.

FWIW - Miami went like 1-6 the rest of 2007.

Correct. I don't the defensive ends understand the significance of that these days. Unless your vertical jump and other explosiveness tests are at the top tier, you are going to drop. The only ones who can get away with less than elite testing are guys like Clowney and Chase Young, who probably will not test as well as expected.

Um Clowney tested very well and Chase will probably too.

Advertisement
Kid is a one trick pony that wasnt very good productive even with a top 3 sack artist wrangling up double teams

A team who runs a multiple front and requires lane discipline will take him and get more out of him than the Miami scheme did. He's not an athletic freak but he will test ok. Expect him to run ~4.7 in the 40 with a pretty good short-shuttle. He should have an explosive vertical leap as well.

He's a smart player who is solid at setting the edge and can do several different things on your defensive front. If he interviews well he could go as high as the 3rd round, though I expect him to come off the board in the 4th-5th round in this deep of a draft.

Wish him well.

Advertisement
Back