Garvin to the NFL

Advertisement
Glad to see CIS learned from Joe Jackson last year.

Garvin will probably, like Marky Mark Emmert's stupid NCAA commercial's say, be "going pro in something other than sports:"

Advertisement
These kids don't attend UM for any particular academic reason, for the game day atmosphere or anything other than to buy time for NFL and they certainly don't attend UM for high-end bowl or post season titles.
They are no different than junior college baseball prospects who are looking to get into the league.
It is what it is, which is why I find it dumb when folks attempt to project how the roster will look 1-2 years from now.
The big takeaway is to maximize these kid's ability while they are on campus and win often.
Lol at redshirting kids too.

Last edited:
Lets keep this **** real right now.

Jonathan Garvin...what percentile athlete does he test out as?

Over-Under set at 30th percentile tested athlete.

I'm taking the under and accepting all wagers.

In high school, he was 6'4, 222, 4.87 with strong 4.40 shuttle and 36 inch vert. 97.89 SPARQ.

I think he will be over 30th percentile for sure.

These kids rather take their chances on a practice squad or coaching HS football (poor Yearby) then play for the garbage we have leading the programs

That should be the big story

No, that’s not really the story.

Which is worse: playing for a clown show coaching staff, or not playing at all because you left early and didn’t make an NFL team?
you think he can't make a roster? He doesn't have to play right away like joe Jack,
jaquan, redwine etc
Then he would transfer, right? Clearly that’s not the reason.
He's a junior and eligible for the draft, why transfer to another ****** school?

Advertisement
People pressed Garvin is leaving are funny. If he had such a **** year why do you want him back? Especially with the the talent we have at his position. If we get Garvin from two years ago im with it. He hasn't been a shell of that this season.

Advertisement
Well there is always the Arena League, wait a minute. This isn’t even a smart business move.

Semper Canes!!!

Oh so it’s just going to change with the next class right? Those kids are just going to automatically get it

People were saying the same thing about the Garvins two classes ago. It’s a never ending cycle

No it’s not going to change. But that’s not what you said. You said these guys leave early because they don’t want to play for the coaching staff.

Advertisement
In high school, he was 6'4, 222, 4.87 with strong 4.40 shuttle and 36 inch vert. I think he will be over 30th percentile for sure.

He's bigger, slower, and less athletic with my 2019 eyes.

The man peaked at making Mike McGlinchey look like a JAG.

For context, brother...Chad Thomas is our only DL that registered over 30th percentile. And it wasn't that much.

Showing my work:

Joe Jackson - 2nd percentile athlete
Gerald Willis - 8th percentile athlete
Tito Odenigbo - 8th percentile athlete
Chad Thomas - 35th percentile athlete
Trent Harris - 7th percentile athlete
Anthony Moten - 1st percentile athlete
Kendrick Norton - 15th percentile athlete
RJ McIntosh - 3rd percentile athlete

Players make their bed and lay in it. At the end of the day we don’t know family situations at home or nothing so it may be best for him to do this. Maybe he feels a 200k plus signing bonus is worth it as a 5th round pick or so, never know but that’s certainly better than playing for free and making nothing

No it’s not going to change. But that’s not what you said. You said these guys leave early because they don’t want to play for the coaching staff.

Yea he’s going for the 7th round money dude.

Idc who differs mike804 hes a dumbass. Even with my bias *** canes lenses on I can tell u he might not be drafted. Dumb as dog poo

Advertisement
Back