Garvin and joe Jackson

brock

All-American

Interesting that overall joe Jackson has been a better pass rusher in terms of overall pressures than garvin but both are doing a great job.(thought it would be the other way around). Joe Jackson has 29 pressures on the season while garvin has 19.

Garvin might have a 23 plus tfls season as he’s at 13.5 right now with 5 sacks.

Joe Jackson has been doing very well the last 4 games and has 9.5 tfls on the season and 5 sacks as well. (I remember Early in the season they didn’t record 2 of his sacks for whatever reason).

Best secondary in the country? I think we have that

Best dline? Debatable but ours don’t take a back seat to anyone.

Linebacker? Ours have played well this year and are top 5 in the country as a unit

Last edited:
Advertisement

Interesting that overall joe Jackson has been a better pass rusher in terms of overall pressures than garvin but both are doing a great job.(thought it would be the other way around). Joe Jackson has 29 pressures on the season while garvin has 19.

Joe Jackson has been doing very well the last 4 games and has 9.5 tfls on the season and 5 sacks as well. (I remember Early in the season they didn’t record 2 of his sacks for whatever reason).

Linebacker? Ours have played well this year and are top 5 in the country as a unit

Best secondary I doubt that. I love Miami but I would never B1 known as a homer. Every other statement seems true.

Advertisement
Best secondary I doubt that. I love Miami but I would never B1 known as a homer. Every other statement seems true.
Look at the numbers, currently ranked 2nd in the country in passing yards allowed and one of the lowest completion percentages, top numbers in ints as well.
Plus the whole secondary bandy, jackson, Jaquan and redwine are playing at a very high level themselves

MJ show flashes, Jj is a stud Bandy is the best. But Dean and Knowles no way. Look at the comp we faced.
Dean has been doing well lately and he only plays a handful of snaps maybe 15 a game if that. Knowles hasn’t been playing lately as much. And If you say look at the Opponents then you need to do the same for all the other top ranked pass defense and say who have they played because up until this point we have played a top 5 LSU sec team with great receiver talent and they were 11-24 140 yards, 3 acc opponents as well. They are doing a **** good job

Advertisement
Jackson has finally developed the consistency to make him great. He is relentless and as much as we ***** about rotations, it seems to be working for him.

Garvin isn’t as consistent yet but he’s better than Jackson was at the same point IMO. He’s just such a freak.

MJ show flashes, Jj is a stud Bandy is the best. But Dean and Knowles no way. Look at the comp we faced.

Posters who talk about Dean like hes on Knowles level have no clue what they are talking about. Dean has definitely played well this season save for a few bad moments but compared to how fans saw him preseason, as a bum, he has performed up to task. Hes allowed us to gradually incorporate Ivey into the rotation to gain experience and keep Frierson on the bench to develop. That's all his job was this year. He didn't need to be a starter. Solid rotation guy.

Thumbs up to the poster who said Richt is wasting this Defense. Would love for us to prove that we are at that Bama level of just reloading elite defenses year after year without any dropoff but as it stands now...Richt might not get another crack at a D like this for awhile. Would love to be wrong and us having an elite top 5 defense turns into the norm like the old days.

Advertisement
Coach richt is not wasting anything, before he got here, all we had was a top of the line punting game, everything else was trash. Coach richt came in and hired the defensive staff that is now one of t h e best in the nation. He hired an excellent receivers coach, an excellent runningbacks coach, top of the line tight-ends coach, and coach searels, the jury is still out on him. So as the headcoach, he's help to elevate this program in less than 3yrs back to national relevancy, we are not just yet a national championship team, the talent is developing tho.

I like our secondary but they have numbers like that BECAUSE we have the best overall d line in the country. Same reason our 3rd down d is so much better, simply put 3rd and 8 is harder than 3rd and 3 and we get consistent pressure in qbs face, especially up the middle which is a ***** to pass against

Advertisement

Money.

Look at the numbers, currently ranked 2nd in the country in passing yards allowed and one of the lowest completion percentages, top numbers in ints as well.
Plus the whole secondary bandy, jackson, Jaquan and redwine are playing at a very high level themselves

Like our secondary for sure, but we have played a pretty week slate of offenses, particularly passing offenses (none ranked in S and P top 40 passing)...
l

Advertisement
Back