Garvin and joe Jackson

We have the best D line in the country that allows for us to have one of the top performing secondaries

Coverage snaps are included in sacks and pressures, the defensive line causes a ton of mayhem bailing out our DB's.

Still a top 10 unit either way

Advertisement
Remember when the Dan Marino Dolphins couldn't get either a Defense or running back --at the same time -- to go with him?

Dean has been doing well lately and he only plays a handful of snaps maybe 15 a game if that. Knowles hasn’t been playing lately as much. And If you say look at the Opponents then you need to do the same for all the other top ranked pass defense and say who have they played because up until this point we have played a top 5 LSU sec team with great receiver talent and they were 11-24 140 yards, 3 acc opponents as well. They are doing a **** good job
I agree Our D line is the truth. Besides LSU who have we overpowered with our secondary. Our Dline may have just as many turnovers for tds. I love our team but I watch to many games to think my girl is the prettiest. Good yes top secondary in the country gtfo. Brock your still the **** just biased.

Joe Jackson IMO is just phenomenal. He is technically sound and relentless. Him and Garvin have been awesome. Jackson is a great ambassador of the U hopefully he comes back for his senior year. He is a top 50 pick whether its this year or next. He is passing the baton to GArvin.

Advertisement
Funny how the top two programs are UM and UM. We are very similar to Michigan in the fact that we both can't find a great QB and have oline issues. Although maybe they found their guy with Patterson. Either way I love our guys getting love by PFF.

Enjoy it while we can. Next year the DLine is going to be extremely young:

SDE: Garvin > Patchan >????
3tDT: Silvera/Ford > ???
1tDT: Bethel > Miller > ????
WDE: Rousseau > Patchan >????

Come on man, alot of yall were the same ones worried about the d-line when norton & mcintosh rolled out early and probably even more worried when coach non run-stop teaching non-recruiting coach kool left, than alot of yall got even more worried when jess simpson was hired instead of kp or others, and i said when coach kool left, its no big deal, coach richt knows how to put a staff together, its proven. I said before the season after seeing coach simpson teaching, that we were going to be a better run stopping team, and that we might have fewer sacks but itll make us a better over all defense, lo and behold, the results speak for themselves. Those who are worried about the defense next year obviously have not been paying attention, this defense is just about at the level where we are back to consistently being dominant on that side of the ball.

Those who say the secondary is only doing what they are doing is because of the d-line, lol, you guys are comical, if that's the case, what is clemson or Bama or any other team in the country that yall think is better than ours, what are the rankings for their secondaries. Here it is coach richt is building this thing up, hasnt even been here a full 3yrs yet and is already sporting the #1 defense in the nation, in the meantime, clemson and Bama have been stable for a long time and we already surpassed them defensively. Give coach richt and the defensive staff he put together the credit they deserve for bringing back what we have always been known for and that's playing defense. Think about how you got guys that didnt play in this system their whole UM career but they ballin. But now we got guys who have come in and this is the only system they know.

People need to enjoy the journey back to the top, this program is back to being in great hands with a headcoach who's not worried or afraid to be his own man, gotta respect it. Who on here thinks coach richt wants to start rosier, nobody in their right mind, he tried to run rosier outta here coming in, but obviously rosier is mentally tough and has earned the right and trust of coach richt to be under center, so far perry nor weldon have earned that yet. Coach richt obviously is not afraid to make the hard calls, let's face it, while its good that freshmen are seen playing here and that appeals to recruits, in Truth, alot of these guys would be way better if they actually redshirted.

Interesting that overall joe Jackson has been a better pass rusher in terms of overall pressures than garvin but both are doing a great job.(thought it would be the other way around). Joe Jackson has 29 pressures on the season while garvin has 19.

Garvin might have a 23 plus tfls season as he’s at 13.5 right now with 5 sacks.

Joe Jackson has been doing very well the last 4 games and has 9.5 tfls on the season and 5 sacks as well. (I remember Early in the season they didn’t record 2 of his sacks for whatever reason).

Best secondary in the country? I think we have that

Best dline? Debatable but ours don’t take a back seat to anyone.

Linebacker? Ours have played well this year and are top 5 in the country as a unit

You've lost your god **** mind if you think we have the best secondary in the country. And no we do not have a top 5 lb unit. D line is good. Dont think just because certain units dominate bad teams that makes them great. That's like saying UFC is the best team in the country because the haven't lost in 16 games. Does that make them the best... clearly not but do bad teams make them look great... yes.

Advertisement
Funny isn't it 3 yrs ago under foldem our d sucked.our offense ok.3yrs later d is great o is nonexistent.and the o has better weapons than we had then.cmr =foldem jr wonder what stat/excuses cmr will come up with on Monday press time

Come on man, alot of yall were the same ones worried about the d-line when norton & mcintosh rolled out early and probably even more worried when coach non run-stop teaching non-recruiting coach kool left, than alot of yall got even more worried when jess simpson was hired instead of kp or others, and i said when coach kool left, its no big deal, coach richt knows how to put a staff together, its proven. I said before the season after seeing coach simpson teaching, that we were going to be a better run stopping team, and that we might have fewer sacks but itll make us a better over all defense, lo and behold, the results speak for themselves. Those who are worried about the defense next year obviously have not been paying attention, this defense is just about at the level where we are back to consistently being dominant on that side of the ball.

Those who say the secondary is only doing what they are doing is because of the d-line, lol, you guys are comical, if that's the case, what is clemson or Bama or any other team in the country that yall think is better than ours, what are the rankings for their secondaries. Here it is coach richt is building this thing up, hasnt even been here a full 3yrs yet and is already sporting the #1 defense in the nation, in the meantime, clemson and Bama have been stable for a long time and we already surpassed them defensively. Give coach richt and the defensive staff he put together the credit they deserve for bringing back what we have always been known for and that's playing defense. Think about how you got guys that didnt play in this system their whole UM career but they ballin. But now we got guys who have come in and this is the only system they know.

People need to enjoy the journey back to the top, this program is back to being in great hands with a headcoach who's not worried or afraid to be his own man, gotta respect it. Who on here thinks coach richt wants to start rosier, nobody in their right mind, he tried to run rosier outta here coming in, but obviously rosier is mentally tough and has earned the right and trust of coach richt to be under center, so far perry nor weldon have earned that yet. Coach richt obviously is not afraid to make the hard calls, let's face it, while its good that freshmen are seen playing here and that appeals to recruits, in Truth, alot of these guys would be way better if they actually redshirted.
I think you should check who you are talking to, cause in no way was I worried about the DLine entering this season. **** I wasn't even worried about the DBs.

Next year is a different story though. 1, because Rousseau is unproven. Last year Garvin was ballin in the season. Right now yeah we've heard great things about Rousseau but until then he's unproven. Secondly the depth is even ******* worse than it is now. 3, Everyone knew Willis was going to have a big year. Now we're relying on Silvera/Ford to step up for next season. Neither one has shown yet that they can be THE GUY that Willis or McIntosh was. Obviously they have loads of potential. Then again at DT we have *** for depth.

And I'm very worried about DB. 1, Jaquan Johnson is a ******* all american. Thats a big loss no matter what anyone says. Did you see how Carter played when Jaquan was out? Let me tell ya it wasn't good. Dude missed tackles left and right. And obviously Knowles is complete garbage and hopefully will be transfering out. But who else do we have to play safety? Gurvan Hall and Carter are the only guys returning, nothing but freshman after them. And lets not act like Finley was good at safety, cause he wasn't. He needs to play striker or nothing. I'd expect to see more derrick smith, but again, massive dropoff from Jaquan and Redwine. CB we got Trajan then a whole lot of inexperience.

Enjoy it while we can. Next year the DLine is going to be extremely young:

SDE: Garvin > Patchan >????
3tDT: Silvera/Ford > ???
1tDT: Bethel > Miller > ????
WDE: Rousseau > Patchan >????
Will definitely be young, no doubt. But let's not forget that all offseason everyone freaked out about the two DTs declaring and thought the d-line would be the weakness of the team. Instead, they are one of the best in the nation. Next man up!

Love watching this D play. So many playmakers. Willis, Johnson, Garvin and Jackson are playing at an absolute elete level. The other dudes ain’t shabby either. Our LB, MJ, Bandy and Redwine are awesome as well. Somebody please just fixed the O!!!

Advertisement
I think you should check who you are talking to, cause in no way was I worried about the DLine entering this season. **** I wasn't even worried about the DBs.

Next year is a different story though. 1, because Rousseau is unproven. Last year Garvin was ballin in the season. Right now yeah we've heard great things about Rousseau but until then he's unproven. Secondly the depth is even ******* worse than it is now. 3, Everyone knew Willis was going to have a big year. Now we're relying on Silvera/Ford to step up for next season. Neither one has shown yet that they can be THE GUY that Willis or McIntosh was. Obviously they have loads of potential. Then again at DT we have *** for depth.

And I'm very worried about DB. 1, Jaquan Johnson is a ******* all american. Thats a big loss no matter what anyone says. Did you see how Carter played when Jaquan was out? Let me tell ya it wasn't good. Dude missed tackles left and right. And obviously Knowles is complete garbage and hopefully will be transfering out. But who else do we have to play safety? Gurvan Hall and Carter are the only guys returning, nothing but freshman after them. And lets not act like Finley was good at safety, cause he wasn't. He needs to play striker or nothing. I'd expect to see more derrick smith, but again, massive dropoff from Jaquan and Redwine. CB we got Trajan then a whole lot of inexperience.

Once again, comeback to this year and enjoy the fact that we have a team now that can compete with anybody. You worried about next year and this year is not even finished yet, lol. Correction, it wasnt a given that gwIII was going to have a big year like he's having, he was only going up against our o-line, so no, he wasnt proven, now he is. Next you'll be worried about recruiting, who signed and who didnt, you like alot of people will miss enjoying the journey back to the top for always nitpicking and worried about tge future roster. Im not worried about how the defense will look next season for 1, we back to letting the athlete's be athleye's on defense. Im not worried about amari carter, he has the talent and is developing, if not, somebody else will take his place, the defense is my last worry. Like i said before, this program is being built, the 3 or 5 schalorships a year that we lost hurt depth, add that to under performing recruiting by coach kool along with no d-linemen wanting to play for the last moron regime so we still got tyeric martin on the roster. Alot of thos issues are being addressed with this next class. To many people like you acting as if coach richt inherited a well managed roster. This offense is a work in progress, trying to develop an o-line takes longer, in order to catch up, we're going to either bring in more juco's or more graduate transfers to buy more time. Again, dont miss this year by already looking towards next year. And remember, that's why games are played.

Advertisement
Gtfoh we're winning the coastal

you think this offense is beating BC on their bandana night?

you think this offense will have ANY ****** success against a Bud Foster defense in blacksburg?

not a ******* chance. not unless drastic changes are made.

Look at the numbers, currently ranked 2nd in the country in passing yards allowed and one of the lowest completion percentages, top numbers in ints as well.
Plus the whole secondary bandy, jackson, Jaquan and redwine are playing at a very high level themselves
Much due to them only having to cover for 3 seconds because of JJ, Garvin & Big #9. The secondary's stats are great, but they're not the most talented unit in the country. Top 20 maybe IMO

Much due to them only having to cover for 3 seconds because of JJ, Garvin & Big #9. The secondary's stats are great, but they're not the most talented unit in the country. Top 20 maybe IMO
They have a top 3 safety in the country, one of the top cornerbacks, redwine and bandy are very solid. Definitely top 10 in terms of talent. You need to look around more, we got some ballers in our starting secondary period. In addition to that i never said they were the most talented but currently they are playing like one of the best if not the best. While our pass rush is great they don’t always get home and our guys cover pretty well so they need credit for their play to . Pass rush and coverage go hand to hand really, we have had a lot of coverage sacks this year to due to the dbs covering so well

Last edited:
They have a top 3 safety in the country, one of the top cornerbacks, redwine and bandy are very solid. Definitely top 10 in terms of talent. You need to look around more, we got some ballers in our starting secondary period. In addition to that i never said they were the most talented but currently they are playing like one of the best if not the best. While our pass rush is great they don’t always get home and our guys cover pretty well so they need credit for their play to . Pass rush and coverage go hand to hand really, we have had a lot of coverage sacks this year to due to the dbs covering so well

I'm not discounting them at all. I think JJ is THE best safety in the Country. Just look what a difference it makes in our defense when he is not on the field. Missed tackles, busted coverage & overall trouble getting lined up. I think MJ is good, not great. Bandy is a tough, talented guy who is an example of how every under 6' corner should play and Red is above average. Maybe top ten, but I can't see top 5 or better.

Advertisement
Back