Garin Justice on Joe Rose Show this morning

True but remember Scaife played really well when he was at RT two years ago and then put out of position last year. Sounds like we have two really good options, regardless.
Lol I don't Williams would hit the transfer portal if he loses out to Scaife for the starting RT spot. Great for Miami to have that experience at RT on the 2nd team.

Advertisement
Crazy how everyone forgets how fat and terrible Donaldson was the last year he played. Scaife as a Freshman playing Tackle, CIS said his natural position is guard. Now he stunk at guard, CIS thank god Scaife back at his natural position. Can't make this **** up with some of you.

I'll walk you through both of your points.

Donaldson: The last "full" year he played, he wasn't All-Conference, but he was our best OL in 2019 with Dan Enos. As a testament to this, he was literally the only starter to NOT give up a sack vs UF amongst other things (and pass blocking is supposed to be his weakness). That whole year we got destroyed by stunts on the RIGHT side of the OL (he played LG that year). 2018 was the year he looked bad. Searles put him at RT and he was way too sloppy and slow to handle ACC Defensive Ends. However, crazy how YOU forget that this is still someone good enough for Freshman All-American. But yeah, we shouldn't be happy that he's returning. ****, lets look at some posts throughout the 2020 season. You'll find me predicting that whenever 55 returns, he will be taking someone's spot immediately, and maybe even cause Scaife to get benched;

Scaife: Simply put, CIS has always had the same sentiments. Scaife is a tackle in a Guard's body. His natural position, if you go by body type and NFL projections, will probably tell you Guard. But when you watch him play, his moments has always been at tackle. Even dating back to when he was in high school, and even at the high school CAMPS dude had better reps at Tackle instead of Guard. People were literally bytching about Scaife playing Guard before the season even started.

Look at this **** and the dates:

So yeah...I'm glad to have Donaldson back because our Guard play was terrible last year, and at the very least, he'll give us better play than Scaife did. Similarly, I'm glad Scaife is back at Tackle because that's what he plays best. Even if Jarrid Williams beats him out to keep his starting RT spot, it won't change the fact that Scaife is a much better Tackle than Guard lol.

Advertisement
Back