Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
Myrtle would be a crazy place to attend college. Myrtle also sucks.
I signed to play baseball at coastal out of HS. I was in Conway 12 days and school had been in session for 1 full week. We had 1 team meeting and a pro-day style workout and then due to something that happened that weekend me, my roommate, and another freshman were dismissed from the team the next Monday 🤣

Ya it was pretty crazy. But yes... Myrtle sucks.

Advertisement
Not to be overlooked is how much the kid loves football. Can you imagine being Jake Garcia in California in high school? It probably isn't terrible is all I'm saying. The kid left all of that, everything and everyone he knew, to move to Georgia just so he could play and compete. He already had offers from everyone. He already had offers to USC and Miami etc. He could've simply worked with his QB coach this year and gotten ready for college, but he wanted to play so badly he moved to Georgia and went to two different schools to make it happen.

There is something to be said for someone who wants to play that badly and has the requisite tools to be good.
Culture effecting player

My #1 Gripe with Butch is...not starting Scott the beginning of 97 onward...
Covington clearly had a better arm. I got the sense that Clement was more of a squeaky wheel and Covington was more chill so the appearance was clement was more of a leader.

Now Clement did show a lot of toughness, but it was obvious who was more talented.

We had Kelly as QB in 99' until he got knocked out by VT in Blacksburg. I think we were ahead by a score or 2 (10-0...?) and then it all came crashing down when he left the game.
Not really....Even if KK doesnt get hurt....we wouldn't have been any better....We beat a Good GT team with Joe Hamilton because of Defense....Nate was MVP of that game....what hurt us the most was the ref ******** us outta a 1st down by a yd against Penn St...on a James Jackson run....

Advertisement
Covington clearly had a better arm. I got the sense that Clement was more of a squeaky wheel and Covington was more chill so the appearance was clement was more of a leader.

Now Clement did show a lot of toughness, but it was obvious who was more talented.
Scott had a Top 3 or 4 arm in UM History....ask my hands....

splat rugrats GIF

Not really....Even if KK doesnt get hurt....we wouldn't have been any better....We beat a Good GT team with Joe Hamilton because of Defense....Nate was MVP of that game....what hurt us the most was the ref ******** us outta a 1st down by a yd against Penn St...on a James Jackson run....
Oh man, do I remember that PSU game. Their arrogant LB talking about Dan Morgan, "Who's that?" That was Ed's one memorably bad play for the long TD. But, it was a LOUSY call on the 1st down mark and gave them enough chances to hit on a long TD against Ed. A very even game, but we outplayed them and would've won except for that bad call.

THIS is what I'm talking about!! The 99' team was only outclassed by the Noles that year. I don't care what the final score of the VT game was. If Kelly doesn't go down, we take that game into the 4th quarter and could've definitely won it. Oh well...

Let's get Garcia and have him devour VT the first time he plays against them.

Getting back on topic! Ole miss lost a qb recruit (kade something) becuz corral is staying and plumlee is going there! Plus, he is reconsidering fspoo as a destination so hopefully they focus on him and not garcia!

Advertisement
I signed to play baseball at coastal out of HS. I was in Conway 12 days and school had been in session for 1 full week. We had 1 team meeting and a pro-day style workout and then due to something that happened that weekend me, my roommate, and another freshman were dismissed from the team the next Monday 🤣

Ya it was pretty crazy. But yes... Myrtle sucks.
Myrtle is like if Ocean City, Maryland and Daytona Beach had a baby via a hillbilly surrogate that drank nothing but Fireball during the pregnancy. The kid somehow ended up decent at golf though.

Oh man, do I remember that PSU game. Their arrogant LB talking about Dan Morgan, "Who's that?" That was Ed's one memorably bad play for the long TD. But, it was a LOUSY call on the 1st down mark and gave them enough chances to hit on a long TD against Ed. A very even game, but we outplayed them and would've won except for that bad call.

THIS is what I'm talking about!! The 99' team was only outclassed by the Noles that year. I don't care what the final score of the VT game was. If Kelly doesn't go down, we take that game into the 4th quarter and could've definitely won it. Oh well...

Let's get Garcia and have him devour VT the first time he plays against them.
Which LB? Lavar Arrington?

Advertisement
atrocious spot of the football

Advertisement
Back