Garcia and TVD

Advertisement
Is it me or did it look like TVD was trying to mimic King.... tuck and run
TVD seems to not be decisive with his reads. This happened last year when he came in too. I would have expected some progress with more experience. He holds the ball too long and with this oline gets pressured or sacked. Not sure if it's a processing thing or he still lacks confidence.

Garcia is a slinger with a quick release. He makes a decision and the ball is gone. This may bring other problems but he definitely brings a more aggressive mindset that needs to be refined but fits better with an air raid offense.

Would like to see him get some minutes over TVD right now if they still have an "or" between them on the depth chart to see what he can do.

We might blow out 1 team on our schedule, maybe 2.. We have a hard time getting backups quality reps for years because we are always in pillow fights with ACC teams, **** is disgusting.. I made the same faces, lol..
I like everyone else expected more yesterday, but my quess would be that Bama will put similar beatdowns on most teams on there schedule this year.
1) physically, we came out unscathed. Actually saw more Bama players get hobbled (sign of better conditioning)

2) Honestly, I expected 34-17 Bama. Some bad play calling and officiating changed the outlook as well. 44 - 27 would have look much better.

3) We SHOULD match up with all teams on our schedule.

IMO anything less than Coastal Champs would be a disappointment. But, we have to let the season play out

When you have a **** play caller then yes, the backup will look like a deer in headlights out there.

You don't want that to happen, you call the right plays. There's ways to protect your backup who is inexperienced and even your starter. Not completely of course, but for the most part.

Garcia will surpass TVD in time. One is used to playing under pressure and the other played what is essentially flag football in high school.

Advertisement
Garcia may win the job but talk about a knee-JERK reaction.

Those were pretty much his first snaps ever in a live game situation ... against Bama.
Didn't he throw one pass? Lmao. I bowed out so i missed most of the second half.

Advertisement
Lmao you guys can’t possibly think that was on king. There was such minimal separation created outside of Harley that he took sacks and he’s not gonna outrun Bama athletes. There’s like 1-2 college QBs playing right now that would. So the only alternative is to throw into tight coverage which you guys also seem to have a problem with. TVD doesn’t force balls into the coverage and you think he looks like a deer in the headlights it’s actually comical. King had picks on what we’re really just PBUs at the catch point. Threw an absolute dime to X for the TD and the pass interference on the deep ball to Rambo at end of first half was a perfect deep ball as well.
A lot of you will hop back on the King train very shortly and pretend like he was rusty in the first game when in reality as a thrower he truly looked better than last year just dealt with Bama instead of literally anyone else.

Advertisement
You gathered that from two plays?
I gathered that he was overwhelmed and uncertain in a game that doesn’t matter. I gathered that he was one read, drop eyes. It doesn’t take a huge sample size to see what someone is going to materialize into. I know that goes against the mantra around here, but hesitation and pocket nerves are hard for players to overcome

Advertisement
All of us in the game chat were calling for TVD with 9-10 minutes remaining but the coaches didnt put him in until 4 minutes remaining. TVD got ONE SERIES. What in the **** did anyone think was going to happen? He should have been given a lot more time yesterday and last season for that matter. Let him settle into some game reps.

Yet another example of the lack of player development that seems to plague the program. These are the kind of things one sees when you have a head coach who is a better politician than head coach. Same goes for our offensive coordinator IMO.

you just gotta know when to bow out man. When people speak so strongly on something with no sample size their mind is made up

he’s thrown 3 passes because he’s scared to pull the trigger and tucks and runs the other 15 times he’s drop backed to pass. kid ain’t it

guys on here act like we haven’t had enough experience watching QBs play here the past 20 years to know when one is gonna stink

Advertisement
Back