Gameday is a joke

Aight, I gotta chime in b/c The OP is misleading af.

1. What they said is absolutely correct; the coaching carousel was way outta hand, & these coaching contracts are even more egregious. Dez said (in gist), he doesn’t understand how these ADs say they don’t have the funds to pay kids, yet they have tons of dead money, along w/ getting $$ to pay these absurd HC contracts, so where’s the $ coming from?

2. They didn’t even mention Miami’s hire; they talked SC, OU, LSU, & ND. Lol

3. The next point was this Early NSD has caused coaches to bail on kids before the season is over, which have also led kids to bail b/c there’s no leadership involved, so that needs to be remedied (Cristobal agrees)

4. It was also suggested that maybe there needs to be a players union involved to balance the scales which led to the conclusion of

5. CFB is hiding the ruse of amateurism, and Covid exposed a lot of chit, when it’s becoming/is a professional enterprise

Ya’ll seriously gotta stop thinking everything is about us. Lol. Btw, The ACCN is also owned by ESPN. Lol.
Nahhhh ****kk that fam. ESPN hates us. Your logic and clear thinking have no place here. ESPN only questions Miami

Advertisement
"ESPN hates MIAMI. Always has"

"There are going to talk about Miami on College Gameday. I can't wait"

"They ****ted on Miami, can you believe it."

It's like you guys like to be mad over nothing
They don’t really want us back keeping players home. Herbie may but the majority are all Sec ***boys.

Nobody investigating the $8M Stephen A pulls down annually. Or the absurd money the rest of his ilk make for basically being glib and "controversial."

No where in my post did I mention UM. I did mention non-$EC schools. Schools like USC, OU (presently) and ND. My point remains: ESPN cannot be trusted on to report on non-$EC schools due to its hopeless conflict of interest.

U did say non-SEC schools, but LSU IS a SEC school. Lol.
So I decided to reply to ur post and include the other misinformation as a reply.

Nobody investigating the $8M Stephen A pulls down annually. Or the absurd money the rest of his ilk make for basically being glib and "controversial."

We’re talking STUDENT ATHLETES v. HC, not entertainers.

Advertisement
U did say non-SEC schools, but LSU IS a SEC school. Lol.
So I decided to reply to ur post and include the other misinformation as a reply.
You avoid the part that YOU were the one that mentioned specific non-$EC schools not me. You mentioned USC and ND and I only cited them from your post to question whether ESPN can be trusted to report on schools that directly compete with conferences it has contracts with.
So, do you think ESPN can be trusted to report on non-$EC schools given its $300M contract with the $EC?

When the SEC does ANY of this stuff the media is in awe. "It just means MORE there!" Or "Football is a religion in the SEC!!" Or "They don't mess around in the SEC!!!"

Anyone else does it and we get the national media clutching their pearls for fired corches or wanting to do deep dives into how schools are paying these GROSS amounts of money for athletics.

Advertisement
You avoid the part that YOU were the one that mentioned specific non-$EC schools not me. You mentioned USC and ND and I only cited them from your post to question whether ESPN can be trusted to report on schools that directly compete with conferences it has contracts with.
So, do you think ESPN can be trusted to report on non-$EC schools given its $300M contract with the $EC?

U OK, my ninja? Lol Did u see what I posted? I said I replied to & COMBINED other misinformation. So since u said “non-SEC schools”, I included LSU which is a SEC school to debunk ur post, along with those non-SEC schools to debunk other’s point regarding this being about Miami. So my address wasn’t just to u; I gave clarification to both u & others that the Game Day segment was neither SEC bias or a Miami witch hunt, since the OP was deceiving & inaccurate af.

Again, I’m specifically talking about The Game Day segment, not ESPN, not ESPN’s $300m contract, not Stephen A’s contract not any of that…just THIS Gameday segment.

U OK, my ninja? Lol Did u see what I posted? I said I replied to & COMBINED other misinformation. So since u said “non-SEC schools”, I included LSU which is a SEC school to debunk ur post, along with those non-SEC schools to debunk other’s point regarding this being about Miami. So my address wasn’t just to u; I gave clarification to both u & others that the Game Day segment was neither SEC bias or a Miami witch hunt, since the OP was deceiving & inaccurate af.

Again, I’m specifically talking about The Game Day segment, not ESPN, not ESPN’s $300m contract, not Stephen A’s contract not any of that…just THIS Gameday segment.
I'm great. lol. But I've asked you a direct question several times and you have dodged it.

I'm great. lol. But I've asked you a direct question several times and you have dodged it.

My fault; I haven’t dodged vs explaining why I QP to u the way I did.

Absolutely not, no more than I trust MSNBC to report accurately about a certain analytical party or Fox News to report accurately about the other analytical party. When there’s vested interest, bias will be involved, either consciously or subconsciously. That’s media; they r driven to prejudice ur views based upon their vested interest. I’ve learned to listen carefully & use my eyes.

Advertisement
My fault; I haven’t dodged vs explaining why I QP to u the way I did.

Absolutely not, no more than I trust MSNBC to report accurately about a certain analytical party or Fox News to report accurately about the other analytical party. When there’s vested interest, bias will be involved, either consciously or subconsciously. That’s media; they r driven to prejudice ur views based upon their vested interest. I’ve learned to listen carefully & use my eyes.
OK, ninja now we're getting somewhere. I look at news organizations with the same jaundiced eye you appear to use. And in that manner I will point out that sometimes news organizations will "criticize" one of their own to criticize 10 of the other. That's a ruse to appear even-handed. That's an answer to expected upcoming criticism of "you're not fair." "Well, we did criticize one $EC team." That's why I named three non-$EC schools versus one inside the conference not because I am not aware LSU is $EC but because I believe ESPN is playing this game.

I myself will be suspicious of GD even today's segment and newfound clutching of pearls over the expanded cfb arms race because, well, GD is run by ESPN.

943563BF-1754-40C9-994F-3CF7B03AAD27.gif

Those clowns now ringing the alarm should look in the mirror.

To Quote Hunter S. Thompson, “In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

Advertisement
OK, ninja now we're getting somewhere. I look at news organizations with the same jaundiced eye you appear to use. And in that manner I will point out that sometimes news organizations will "criticize" one of their own to criticize 10 of the other. That's a ruse to appear even-handed. That's an answer to expected upcoming criticism of "you're not fair." "Well, we did criticize one $EC team." That's why I named three non-$EC schools versus one inside the conference not because I am not aware LSU is $EC but because I believe ESPN is playing this game.

I myself will be suspicious of GD even today's segment and newfound clutching of pearls over the expanded cfb arms race because, well, GD is run by ESPN.

Oh for sure; anyone who don’t think media bias is not prevalent is fooling themselves. It’s agenda & profit driven. U’re absolutely correct, sometimes they’ll throw out a narrative that appears to run contrary to their agenda to give a false sense of balanced/informative reporting, but it’s a guise. U have every right to keep one eye on any ESPN broadcasting & their stories. However, in this sense, it was more about how is it that student athletes can’t be paid or are criticized for portal jumping when coaches r making mega millions as ADs r saying they broke, & coaches leave during the season.

For that, I agree completely.

CFB is reacting to market potential. The $$$ potential with 4 or 5 super conferences coming up in the next 3 years is enormous. Each of these schools are positioning themselves for upcoming frenzy.

Some of you (including some of the old hacks on TV) are still focused on the old network model of broadcasting. It is going to be global streaming product of individual schools and their aligned schools as products. It is going to be great as a fan, not to be stuck watching regional broadcasts. We could potentially buy a U package that allows you to watch all U games alone on any device in any part of the world. Same goes for rivalry packages...

Schools are starting realize that performance on the field is key in being picked in the best conference alignments. Regional rivalries are going to matter less and less as old guard dies off in terms of spending potential.

Money is going to be made on the best performing, best marketed teams and/or groups of teams.

This is where a future focused athletic department is critical. Thank goodness that Frenk realizes this and elevated our AD to VP. It is that critical as jockeying and wheeling/dealing starts. None of the current conference alliances are safe.

Advertisement
Back