Game Planning Around the OL

Watched a simple drill from yesterday's spring practice that gives me hope. QBs repping a fake screen/RB toss. Just that. Insanely simple and easy to rep. But that small easy misdirection can be enough to get a LB to flinch the wrong way and spring the RB for a big gain.

That's one way to mask a subpar OL, and it's being installed on the first day of pads. I'd love to go deeper down this rabbit hole when I'm not on my phone because I think there's a lot more that can and will be done.
From what I think it looks like...that is a good thing. We have 3 solid, and individually unique RB to build around... Great starting point, the motion we're hearing about is going to put Cam, Deejay, Lingard in all kinds of silly 1 on 1's.

Advertisement
Is the Butler kid no good? I haven't heard anything about him since practice started.
He isn’t strong enough right now. He’s got the feet so hopefully he stacks on some weight.

We need him to Grow like a fetus with no hands and feet to complete us. And we return like Jesus, when the whole world need us

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back