Game #8: Illinois 12/2 on ESPN2 at 9:00PM

Welp, if we're gonna be a basketball school now, we might as well be a good one. Take em to the top Coach L!

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of Miami basketball but I love Miami Football so if Donna is trying to turn Miami into a basketball school, it's kind of my duty to root for you guys to lose tonight. I hope you lose by 40

Jesus ****ing christ.

Why is it impossible to not be good at every sport?

smh

Somehow UF could do it.

And Louisville (won the Sugar Bowl and National Title in the same year) and Ohio State (went BCS title game and Final 4 in same year) and other schools.

Advertisement
The trip to Spain early in the year brought the kids closer together, you can tell, they really trust Coach L and each other.

I know it's still early, but March will be a fun month watching these kids ball.

I'll just leave this here

hgbfd.png

Advertisement
I read this on espn and the guy basically said no one cares about any of these games except for Duke-Wisconsin. And even the result of that game won't amount to much with the loser not falling too much in the rankings.

Quality espn article right there.

I read this on espn and the guy basically said no one cares about any of these games except for Duke-Wisconsin. And even the result of that game won't amount to much with the loser not falling too much in the rankings.

Well, he's wrong about no one caring. I care, most or all of the people who have posted on this thread care, Coach L cares, the players care, and anyone who enjoys a good college basketball game cares. Virtually anyone who is at all capable of having fun cares. Let the wallflowers have yet another one of their boring nights; we gonna' have a good time.

My guess would be:
CFB- Miami... until now
NBA- Cavs
NFL- Patriots
MBB- Kentucky
NFL alternate- Raiders (cause he a bad-***)

CFB- Miami (obviously)
NBA- Rip City Blazers
NFL- Raiders (got that one right, fell in love with the Raiders same reasons I like the canes)
MBB- Gonzaga Bulldogs. The reason I pop into the basketball forum, we would smash the holy **** outta you guys. It would be quite funny.

No clue where you got the bandwagon narrative, your basketball team is just seriously overrated.

Who is overrating OUR basketball team?

No one on here acting like we are Kentucky. People are happy our new additions are exciting to watch, we beat UF on their home court and are off to a good start without playing a home game.

You guys are ranked 17th based on a Florida win that doesn't look so hot now. I think the canes are gunna back down to earth once they hit conference play.

I'm not worried about what Florida does right now. Beating them at home is never easy and they are a huge pain in the *** rival - in all sports. Aside from Miami - they lost to #5 UNC and Georgetown -- not to defend the Gator, but those 3 teams aren't chopped liver. I would expect Miami's schedule to get much more difficult in conference playing multiple highly ranked teams. Gonzaga is a very solid basketball program and has been for a while now. They have tough games coming up with Arizona and UCLA before the tournament starts in March.

Gonzaga is the ultimate overrated hoops program. They have consistently under-performed in the tournament over that last decade. You can pretty much count on them & Georgetown like clockwork to bust half of your office pool's brackets for the idiots who pick them to be a final 4 team year in-and-out. This guy is dumping on a UM program that is pleasantly surprising a lot of people (and meeting a lot of educated fans expectations). Of course early season rankings aren't going to be super accurate of the true quality of a team, but leave us real Canes fans to enjoy the current success. Go drink some coffee in the rain and enjoy a Damien Lillard highlight tape you NW Pacific ***hole.

I didn't come here to troll, I was up front in being an Illini fan. I thought we could talk basketball, and I certainly would be respectful. You guys have an awesome team this year. Didn't expect this. No problem.

dont worry lil *****, you can continue to engage in conversation with us! Just act like you hate our football coach Golden and you will get VIP treatment.

Yeah, I'm not the one that made the comment about football. Cane's will be the best team we've faced all year. I think it will be a good game, unless we shoot like we did last game. You guys have beat several good teams. I'm impressed with your 3's and your D.

what do you think of Groce?

Best thing to happen to/for Illinois basketball. Great recruiter, and (like your coach), knows how to interact with his players. I think he's an exceptional game coach.

Advertisement

What an asshat. The win over Michigan State in 2012 sparked our Sweet 16 run, so he can kiss my ***.

Of course people from ESPN don't care, they're too busy slobbing all over Duke every year. I hope we beat the **** out of them and dominate that freshman punk Okafor.

Advertisement
Should be a great game. It'll be a joy watching a good Miami playing on prime time television for a change. I think this game will be tough (as many have speculated). Hopefully being back home and having a sort of exhibition game against South Alabama has given this squad enough time to settle in and get well rested from that long road trip. If we don't defend the 3 ball tonight, we lose. I think it about boils down to that.

Spread opened at -3.5 Miami and is now -5 Miami.

Long gone. I took Illinois +5 yesterday. Now down to -3 with a spattering of -3.5.

The Miami interior defense really looked weak against South Alabama. That game reached 23-0 but it could not have been more misleading. They missed one chippy after another in the early going. I played South Alabama at halftime and won easily. They got inside at will and scored more than 50 points after halftime.

Actually, the first two home games have been bizarre in the opening 8 minutes. The Howard game reached 17-0 and South Alabama 23-0. Coach L could stay another decade and never have another opening two home games like that. It's not much of a stretch for a 30 point underdog to score first in basketball.

Should be an excellent game tonight. Illinois isn't an inside team but after watching the tape I wonder if they'll adjust?

I like the athleticism of many of the Canes players. The freshman #22 has some nice fluid moves, good hands and instincts, although he's not exactly tenacious on defense right now. I think his name is Sherman.

Advertisement
Back