Game #8: Illinois 12/2 on ESPN2 at 9:00PM

Well, there you go. Miami is now a basketball school.

umbasketballschool.PNG

Advertisement
Great atmosphere, the students showed up tonight. I didn't hear any chants other than ACC ACC at the end of the game.

Advertisement
The play of Burnett tonight has me really excited about this season. Yes he did shoot well from 3, but he had some really nice drives to the basket and finished well.

Great win. After the game there was a scene in the corridors exiting the arena that might interest posters here. Students started chanting, "Undefeated...Undefeated..." After maybe 30 seconds of that it switched to, "Fire Golden...Fire Golden..."

I was surprised the Canes controlled the game to that degree. More options and superior defense. Illinois was lazy on the perimeter during the first half before picking it up only after the large deficit. I lost my bet. Lost many bets today. Not a good day on sides. The totals were decent.

I'm glad Sherman was yanked for the final minutes. He's got some skills but plays too loose. Not ready for this type of game yet. At this point his greatest asset is passing.

Terrific crowd. I didn't expect it to be that large or animated. Lots of jokes after the game that we are now officially a basketball school. I pointed out to others seated near me that the basketball team already has more wins than the football team managed all season.

The play of Burnett tonight has me really excited about this season. Yes he did shoot well from 3, but he had some really nice drives to the basket and finished well.

It's his first game ever as a cane in decent health. Only seen the stat line, but I'm pumped

It's going to be very very interesting to see Miami go up against Virginia, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville and North Carolina. What a tough schedule the ACC has.

Advertisement
Illini Fan giving you props. Great game tonight! I think you're a top ten team, especially when you get your two players back. Have a great year!

Advertisement
Back