Game #8: Illinois 12/2 on ESPN2 at 9:00PM

Consigliere

All-American
Big game at the BUC this Tuesday for the ACC/Big 10 challenge. We played them last in the NCAA in 2012-13 and beat them 63-59.

Illinois is 6-0 (0-0), they were 20-15 (7-11) last year.

Before the Season: Illinois lost Joseph Bertrand (8.5 PPG, 3.8 RPG, .8 APG) and Jon Ekey (7.3 PPG and 4.8 RPG) from last year's team. In addition Tracy Abrams is done for season (10.5 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 3.2 APG, 1.2 SPG).

Who have they played?

Georgia Southern 3-1 (0-0)
Coppin State 0-4 (0-0)
Austin Peay 2-5 (0-0)
Brown 2-5 (0-0)
Indiana State 3-3 (0-0)
Baylor 5-1 (0-0)

Total Win/Loss: 15-19

Other Note: (1) Their last two games were in a neutral location. Their first four games were at home. When they play Miami, this is their first ROAD game. (2) Illinois played on 11/27 and 11/28 before traveling for our game on 12/2 (all games away from home). This will be their 3rd game in 7 days. This will be our 2 game in 7 day (both at home, without travel).

Players to Watch

Rayvonte Rice was one of the two best players to come back from last year. He averages 17.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 2.8 SPG and 2.0 APG.
Malcolm Hill: 14.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.3 SPG and 1.3 APG
Aaron Cosby: 11:0 PPG, 4.0 RPG and 2.7 APG

Illinois's top 5 scorers (per game) are all guards. They also average the most minutes per game, they rotate a lot.

Spread: Spread opened at -3.5 Miami and is now -5 Miami.

Let's Do This!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm an Illinois fan. Can't wait for the game. We beat a good Baylor team last night, even though it was a bad shooting night for us. Playing a solid team like you guys, will show us where we are realistically.

I'm an Illinois fan. Can't wait for the game. We beat a good Baylor team last night, even though it was a bad shooting night for us. Playing a solid team like you guys, will show us where we are realistically.

200.gif

I will be there unfortunately the arena will be half full. The reason? 9:00 start time. Too late for the great South Florida sports fan.

Advertisement
I will be there unfortunately the arena will be half full. The reason? 9:00 start time. Too late for the great South Florida sports fan.

Or the sports fan who lives in Broward and has to work the next morning.

I'm not a fan of Miami basketball but I love Miami Football so if Donna is trying to turn Miami into a basketball school, it's kind of my duty to root for you guys to lose tonight. I hope you lose by 40

I'm not a fan of Miami basketball but I love Miami Football so if Donna is trying to turn Miami into a basketball school, it's kind of my duty to root for you guys to lose tonight. I hope you lose by 40

If you don't already have AIDS, which I'm sure you do, I hope you get pancreatic cancer, aressted, and repeatedly raped in jail by a 6-9 former basketball player named LeDaryl.

Last edited:
I didn't come here to troll, I was up front in being an Illini fan. I thought we could talk basketball, and I certainly would be respectful. You guys have an awesome team this year. Didn't expect this. No problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement

What a stupid ****.

My guess would be:
CFB- Miami... until now
NBA- Cavs
NFL- Patriots
MBB- Kentucky
NFL alternate- Raiders (cause he a bad-***)

What a stupid ****.

My guess would be:
CFB- Miami... until now
NBA- Cavs
NFL- Patriots
MBB- Kentucky

CFB- Miami (obviously)
NBA- Rip City Blazers
NFL- Raiders (got that one right, fell in love with the Raiders same reasons I like the canes)
MBB- Gonzaga Bulldogs. The reason I pop into the basketball forum, we would smash the holy **** outta you guys. It would be quite funny.

No clue where you got the bandwagon narrative, your basketball team is just seriously overrated.

Should be a good game. I thought Illinois was done when I heard about Abrams (was it Abrams that got hurt?), but you've had a good start to the season. I've always thought Illinois is the best program to never have won the national championship so maybe your coach will finally get them there someday.

After Miami wins their first of course.

Advertisement
I didn't come here to troll, I was up front in being an Illini fan. I thought we could talk basketball, and I certainly would be respectful. You guys have an awesome team this year. Didn't expect this. No problem.

dont worry lil *****, you can continue to engage in conversation with us! Just act like you hate our football coach Golden and you will get VIP treatment.

What a stupid ****.

My guess would be:
CFB- Miami... until now
NBA- Cavs
NFL- Patriots
MBB- Kentucky

CFB- Miami (obviously)
NBA- Rip City Blazers
NFL- Raiders (got that one right, fell in love with the Raiders same reasons I like the canes)
MBB- Gonzaga Bulldogs. The reason I pop into the basketball forum, we would smash the holy **** outta you guys. It would be quite funny.

No clue where you got the bandwagon narrative, your basketball team is just seriously overrated.

**** out of here

dont worry lil *****, you can continue to engage in conversation with us! Just act like you hate our football coach Golden and you will get VIP treatment.

Yeah, I'm not the one that made the comment about football. Cane's will be the best team we've faced all year. I think it will be a good game, unless we shoot like we did last game. You guys have beat several good teams. I'm impressed with your 3's and your D.

What a stupid ****.

My guess would be:
CFB- Miami... until now
NBA- Cavs
NFL- Patriots
MBB- Kentucky

CFB- Miami (obviously)
NBA- Rip City Blazers

Who is overrating OUR basketball team?

No one on here acting like we are Kentucky. People are happy our new additions are exciting to watch, we beat UF on their home court and are off to a good start without playing a home game.

Advertisement
Back