Game #3 of CCT: UConn 1:00 (ESPN2)

The program has never been the same since Coach Konkol and Huger left
These guys have been really decent head coaches (elsewhere) since 2015. Having been Coach L's longtime staff (with Caputo) makes one wonder if Coach L as a sole resource ain't as super-duper for the UM program as we been making out... on his own, I mean.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Naming Caputo any coach in waiting would be an insane thing to do. But that means we might do it.

Mark Richt tried to pull that stunt with his son so it is not outside of the realm of possibilities. Caputo is a very good recruiter but I have no idea what type of coach he would be.

Advertisement
He made mistakes that people who coach 5 year olds wouldn’t make.

I agree it was a bad half but he could get better. It is a very small sample size. Being a good recruiter does work to his advantage but you have to wonder how committed he will be toward recruiting when he is the head coach.

I agree it was a bad half but he could get better. It is a very small sample size. Being a good recruiter does work to his advantage but you have to wonder how committed he will be toward recruiting when he is the head coach.

My head hurts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know its not ALL about the talent, but if hiring Caputo as HC would keep Timberlake in tow, that would be a huge plus. It might have been Caputo that made the close with him, for all we know (or don't know.)

To me, the lack of enthusiasm from Coach L is concerning.

He seems to sit for entire games, arms crossed, devoid of expression

I know its not ALL about the talent, but if hiring Caputo as HC would keep Timberlake in tow, that would be a huge plus. It might have been Caputo that made the close with him, for all we know (or don't know.)

Hiring in-house to hold on to a single 4* recruit is dumb.

Advertisement
Back