Game #3 of CCT: UConn 1:00 (ESPN2)

I can’t stress this enough. The offensive philosophy and strategy of this team/staff is mind blowing. The offense being run looks like a EYBL team that only gets to play together once a month. These guys play together every single day and this is the **** we see. It’s f’ing coach. Point blank
I'm exhausted by this same controversial theme surfacing in numerous discussions about our football woes, but I suggest it's more about the talent than the coaching (schemes). Surely this staff knows complex offensive strategies that work well, and also know what the current roster, some experienced, some still raw young talent needing experience, can take on, and perform.

Like I said above, I think Coach L's hands are tied by this abhorrent limited talent roster, compared to what a successful ACC team can and should have. As I said, I wouldn't want to be Coach L these days.

Advertisement
I'm exhausted by this same controversial theme surfacing in numerous discussions about our football woes, but I suggest it's more about the talent than the coaching (schemes). Surely this staff knows complex offensive strategies that work well, and also know what the current roster, some experienced, some still raw young talent needing experience, can take on, and perform.

Like I said above, I think Coach L's hands are tied by this abhorrent limited talent roster, compared to what a successful ACC team can and should have. As I said, I wouldn't want to be Coach L these days.
I disagree because of 2 reasons. The first being, L had an assistant on staff for his first few years that was an offensive guy. That guy left, and it has been abysmal since. The second reason is, in basketball (much like football) you have to X’s and O’s to negate that talent deficiency. I honestly can’t sit here and say it with a straight face that we don’t have one single designed play for vasil, whether it being a half court design or most important a couple designed in bound plays. It’s not rocket science for a shooter like that. Even if he doesn’t get an open look the focus on his ability to shoot it will free up the court for others. That’s just one example on a mountain high list I have

Advertisement
L’s back must really be a problem. I don’t think I’ve seen him leave his chair.

Advertisement

Okay.

Who assembled this roster?
Who has had these roster management issues for many years?
Who didn't apply for a waiver for Brooks?

Where are the sunshine pumpers that we’re saying this is a NCAA tourney team this year. The guys saying this is a 20 win team? I would like to hear what they have to say now compared to before the season

We seem to just go tail between the legs sooner and lack any dynamic spark to pull out of the nosedive.

The negative energy seems to start with Coach L, sorry to say, and roll downward

Advertisement
Sigh. Another blowout loss.

Just a ton of low energy pervading the program right now.

Coach L seems to never have recovered from the FBI thing.

Didnt have it in me to watch anymore bull**** from the hurricanes beginning with that ******* gaytor loss followed by butch spanking mandy... did my blood pressure favors today I see.

Advertisement
Sigh. Another blowout loss.

Just a ton of low energy pervading the program right now.

Coach L seems to never have recovered from the FBI thing.
You might as well add he doesn't have an offensive-minded assistant to teach these guys (old OR no) some x's and o's.

And if another HC would recruit some better talent, and retain them, by all means maybe it's time for a change of staff and/or coach.

Advertisement
Back