Game 2 of the Wooden Legacy: Fresno State 2:00 (ESPN 2)

Advertisement
This was supposed to be a transition year with Dewan. It's gonna be a tough road to hoe as long as we don't have him. But it was really nice to see Zach elevate his game a bit. We need that from him to even have a shot at the NIT this year if we don't get Dewan back. This Fresno State team isn't bad. Given our depth, we really need Waardenburg to stop missing easy shots. He can be a good complementary player, and one we badly need. And Gak needs to be way more assertive. I don't care if he only weighs 120 lbs. He was too passive today.

This was a good win against a solid team, especially given the early foul trouble. I actually liked it better when Johnson was the primary ball handler. His ability to drive and either score or pass it out to Lykes and DJ fits our personnel well. I’m not a big fan of the two or three times a game Lykes will bring the ball up and immediately take a shot that we could get at any point on the shot clock.

Through five games I’d say that if we get Hernandez back and stay healthy this is a tournament team, and if we don’t it isn’t close to one. The pieces certainly fit together better than last year, but we don’t have the depth up front to compete in the ACC without Dewan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So far, Sam wins the "Most Disappointing" award. Not stronger. Not more physical.

Did any one on the staff ever see Mack play in person? And, if so, how could they recommend we take him?

So far, Sam wins the "Most Disappointing" award. Not stronger. Not more physical.

Did any one on the staff ever see Mack play in person? And, if so, how could they recommend we take him?
Sam is doing a nice job getting to the basket but yea he has to be more physical especially with Hernandez out and I’m gonna give Mack till the end of conference play. Need him and Gak to step up come Acc play.

Last edited:

Disagree about Sam. Playing out of position. My biggest disappointment with him is that he has been unable to play the whole game 3 times this season with cramps. We need Huellnandez back obviously.

CTCane, I'm not blaming or really even disparaging Sam. It's just that despite his height, he remains what we knew he always was, a perimeter player; when we need every player with height and size to be of more help inside. I mean, it's on me to have hoped for a little more Kamari Murphy type play.

Advertisement
Disagree about Sam. Playing out of position. My biggest disappointment with him is that he has been unable to play the whole game 3 times this season with cramps. We need Huellnandez back obviously.

How is he playing out of position? He's a stretch four.

How is he playing out of position? He's a stretch four.
They have him playing more of the 5. He is also playing way more minutes in that role that he should have. He is finesse player not a physical one. With Huellnandez out, they have no choice

Advertisement
Back