Game 2 of the Wooden Legacy: Fresno State 2:00 (ESPN 2)

Consigliere

All-American
Another crappy opponent, this time a middle tier Mountain West team.

Fresno State beat a meh BIG 10 team by shooting 50% from the field and hitting 11 3PTs. They also went 19-25 from FTL.

Spread: -8.5

Last edited:
Advertisement
We looked fantastic today against lasalle looking forward to another win tomorrow hopefully.

I like almost everything about this team accept our depth. You look at a FSU team that goes 10 deep for example. On another note this kid Mack looks like a nice ball player we will see if he can match up against speedy guards. Obviously as stated many times too many times we need Dewan but I like Izundu and Gak. Gak will get better as time goes on. Amp is the saving grace of this team meaning we need leadership from a senior who now knows he can be a star. I think as long as we stay healthy this team will be competitive and fun to watch.

I like almost everything about this team accept our depth. You look at a FSU team that goes 10 deep for example. On another note this kid Mack looks like a nice ball player we will see if he can match up against speedy guards. Obviously as stated many times too many times we need Dewan but I like Izundu and Gak. Gak will get better as time goes on. Amp is the saving grace of this team meaning we need leadership from a senior who now knows he can be a star. I think as long as we stay healthy this team will be competitive and fun to watch.

We have no idea what we have with Gak or Mack because they have never played against even decent opposition. Izundu is a good second big. He's talented but hasn't figured out how to stay out of foul trouble. Once we get into ACC play, if Izundu has to be the primary big, that tendency will be exploited. Amp is an ACC caliber complementary player. Miami is an NIT team without Huellnandez.

We have no idea what we have with Gak or Mack because they have never played against even decent opposition. Izundu is a good second big. He's talented but hasn't figured out how to stay out of foul trouble. Once we get into ACC play, if Izundu has to be the primary big, that tendency will be exploited. Amp is an ACC caliber complementary player. Miami is an NIT team without Huellnandez.
I
I think AMP is a great all around defensive player. He rebounds blocks shots etc. On Offense he has the 3 , can take it to the basket and is a very good enabler. Like I said the star role is for the taking elevating him to a player in the ACC of impact we shall see.

Advertisement

You going to be "completely disinterested" in this game too, yet post throughout? lol

Ya'll need to call Craig Anderson, UM's Compliance director (and Pitt alum). He's the one that's ******** over Huell/Hernandez, and I've been told by my buddy in Miami's SID they have no plans to clear Dewan. It's BS but typical Miami

You going to be "completely disinterested" in this game too, yet post throughout? lol

Ya'll need to call Craig Anderson, UM's Compliance director (and Pitt alum). He's the one that's ******** over Huell/Hernandez, and I've been told by my buddy in Miami's SID they have no plans to clear Dewan. It's BS but typical Miami

I'm not posting about these cupcake games, other than to say that we can't take anything from them. Of course Miami has no plans to reinstate Huellnandez. That's why I've been saying he needs to threaten to sue like DQJ did, or leave the program.

Advertisement
The game is Sunday but neither team is particularly good. Hawaii or Seton Hall. I guess I am more shocked at how Hawaii beat Utah.

If it ends up being Seton Hall, they are a talented team. Three straight NCAA tourneys. I know they lost a lot of their most important contributors, but they're still good and present some tough matchups for us. I wouldn't be confident about that game. Don't know anything about Hawaii and would expect to beat them.

Advertisement
Why are we in this sh't tournament? I'm not saying join one of them blue bloods tournaments that have UNC/Duke/Kentucky/Kansas/Mich State, but gat **** can we at least get in a tier-2 tourney? This whole bracket is trash we're in.

If it ends up being Seton Hall, they are a talented team. Three straight NCAA tourneys. I know they lost a lot of their most important contributors, but they're still good and present some tough matchups for us. I wouldn't be confident about that game. Don't know anything about Hawaii and would expect to beat them.

They should beat Hawaii but they’re not good. They’re predicted to be at the bottom of their conference. Obviously predictions are worth _________ .

Advertisement
Why are we in this sh't tournament? I'm not saying join one of them blue bloods tournaments that have UNC/Duke/Kentucky/Kansas/Mich State, but gat **** can we at least get in a tier-2 tourney? This whole bracket is trash we're in.

I'd settle for one good OOC opponent on the schedule. One.

Advertisement
Back