Game 2 of the Wooden Legacy: Fresno State 2:00 (ESPN 2)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just got in for the final seconds.

Zach redemption. WTH was their defender thinking...

Going to catch the replay later.

Bring on UH/SHU.

Fresno state will be a bubble team, this was good experience

Agreed on the good experience part; not convinced about the bubble team thing. They have only two dangerous scorers and both had career games today. Their big guy (who isn't that big) also seems like a nice player. I'm not sure they have enough to be consistently competitive on a national level. (I don't know enough about the Mountain West to know how they'll do in conference, but Nevada will steamroll them.)

It was a valuable experience though... playing against a press in certain situations; playing back-to-back at odd times of day; playing with early foul trouble; playing a game that goes to the last possession against a team that's shooting hot... those are all things that will help us in the future. But it's also a game that totally exposed us. We need Hernandez to compete in the ACC. Izundu looked good when he wasn't on the bench. But we couldn't hit the boards consistently and Waardenburg / Amp aren't legit post players on either end. I liked that Coach L left Izundu out there with about 12 minutes left when he picked up his third foul.

Advertisement
I’ll forgive you Zach

He definitely showed the aggressiveness we needed and has a scorer's mentality. It was nice to see it after a few uninspiring games. But the free thows and the foul aren't totally forgivable. He was also a little out of control on some of his drives but at least got fouls called sometimes. We'll need him to keep growing into a big role.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back