Game 1 overreactions

Lol we really might have the dumbest fan base in America

Na…. Probably on par with a lot of other fan bases. I’m a magic fan, and I left their boards many years ago because the level of irrational, sunshine pumping, non critical thinking that happens over there drove me crazy..

Also learned there is a distinction between the fanatic rah rah positive no matter what types, negative for the sake of being negative types, and level headed willing to have civil discussion/discord types. Fan bases needs all three, but when one takes over the others…. No good.

Advertisement
SIAP, but their 3 lone points came on a 50+ yard field goal. It's not like they got deep into our territory.

The TVD hate is absurd. Kid made a choice to float that int, had he thrown a dart his reciever gets killed by the safety over top, tvd didnt see the defender who picked it underneath, but his floater gave the reciever a chance to run past/across the high safety. Bad vision there maybe, weak arm or throwing ducks??? No way.

77% completion percentage. Nicest throw you will see all year by any qb in college football to Xavier down the sideline.

Cracks me up how dumb TVD is going to make the haters look this year. If not for a bunch of dumb penalties by oline we would have scored tds on 2 more drives.

TVD sandbagged A&M with that move. A&M feeling a bit confident right now.

We didn't turn our Offense, much less TVD - loose at all.

You recall practices were not public?

That's because all college football would have blown an O-ring if they knew what's coming.

The two one-handed catches inadvertently gave a preview of what's coming.

Hope a coroner is on site next week - for A&M fans. Vapor locking everywhere! Might have to call in a dump truck for transport.

Offense was what I expected, I didn't get caught up in the "air raid" stuff because I went back and watched Houston's games and seen that Dawson like he's been saying doesn't run a air raid. Its a bland non complicated offense that puts players in position to make plays. Problem is we just don't have any game breakers at WR yet. Was pleasantly surprised by the defense, my score prediction was 38-17 but the defense played lights out.
I tried to warn ya .

Advertisement
defense may give us a chance in every game this year

offensive coordinator hire as expected was not as good as the hype. our only two scoring drives before we wore them down were the scripted drives to start each half.

TVD is not the same QB he was under Lashlee

we are not going to run major power 5 teams to death like we did tonight And that’s going to cause the O some problems.

The Colbie Young hype was real. Monster year incoming.

Fletcher will be the starting RB or at least getting the majority of carries before the year is over.

we need someone on punt return besides X

the team appears to be better coached.

the offense is going to keep this a 7-8 win team.

edit* forgot the most important one. Emory wins the Heisman next year.

OP was pretty spot on..

Minus the colbie young thing and being better coached.

Also going to ignore the Emory/heisman comment

The TVD hate is absurd. Kid made a choice to float that int, had he thrown a dart his reciever gets killed by the safety over top, tvd didnt see the defender who picked it underneath, but his floater gave the reciever a chance to run past/across the high safety. Bad vision there maybe, weak arm or throwing ducks??? No way.

77% completion percentage. Nicest throw you will see all year by any qb in college football to Xavier down the sideline.

Cracks me up how dumb TVD is going to make the haters look this year. If not for a bunch of dumb penalties by oline we would have scored tds on 2 more drives.
IMG_5676.gif

Is it me or does it look like TVD doesn't step into his throws most of the time? He almost looks like he throws it half-cok, tad early ....
yeah man.... but everyone here will tell you it's all because he's dealing with injuries
Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC

Advertisement
Last season I said that we would win 4 games max after the fiasco at aTm, and we wound up winning 5 (thanks in large part to Virginia sucking even more than us). PAUSE!

This next game will tell us all we need to know, but I saw too many of the same things that I saw last season, and I’m definitely thinking that unless our OC was somehow not showing much, we are in trouble again.

I hope that I’m wrong, but our O looked like buns, and will struggle against P5 teams if that’s the actual offense that will be called this season.

Worst WR core I’ve ever seen at the U, just a continuation of last season. CY is our only dude at that position (out of the upper classmen). We better pray that RayRay and Mr. Washington are as advertised, and that they get major burn quickly.

Chris Johnson is a weapon, yet mysteriously didn’t get on the field. Dude has game changing speed, and was riding pine. Harrell was also the invisible man. I guess that Mario is allergic to all of that speed.

Don’t wanna hear any more excuses.

Defense looked good overall, but let’s see them against an actual opponent next week before we crown them. It’s concerning that Miami of Ohio hung around for as long as they did in the first half.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Advertisement
I'll attribute the dumb posts in this thread to lingering alcohol effects last night.

DTP and a few others are spot on.

Vanilla game plan, yes. If TVD looks average vs A2M then I'll worry. TE will be included more I expect.

Everyone else looked good except Isaiah Horton who played like he has an extra chromosome.

Well well well...lol. TVD is a cicada shell of himself at this point and we haven't used the TEs at all minus a catch here and there.

f30cb8bc-2cc2-43ae-8be7-4e91775e386e_text.gif

Advertisement
OP was pretty spot on..

Minus the colbie young thing and being better coached.

Also going to ignore the Emory/heisman comment

That was actually kind of fun to read OPs PGO at week 10. You got a pretty good read on things @Miami04.

offensive coordinator hire as expected was not as good as the hype. our only two scoring drives before we wore them down were the scripted drives to start each half.

we are not going to run major power 5 teams to death like we did tonight And that’s going to cause the O some problems.

Fletcher will be the starting RB or at least getting the majority of carries before the year is over.

1699373777515.gif

Dead-on balls accurate

Advertisement
Back