Game 1 overreactions

Miami04

Senior
defense may give us a chance in every game this year

offensive coordinator hire as expected was not as good as the hype. our only two scoring drives before we wore them down were the scripted drives to start each half.

TVD is not the same QB he was under Lashlee

we are not going to run major power 5 teams to death like we did tonight And that’s going to cause the O some problems.

The Colbie Young hype was real. Monster year incoming.

Fletcher will be the starting RB or at least getting the majority of carries before the year is over.

we need someone on punt return besides X

the team appears to be better coached.

the offense is going to keep this a 7-8 win team.

edit* forgot the most important one. Emory wins the Heisman next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The TVD hate is absurd. Kid made a choice to float that int, had he thrown a dart his reciever gets killed by the safety over top, tvd didnt see the defender who picked it underneath, but his floater gave the reciever a chance to run past/across the high safety. Bad vision there maybe, weak arm or throwing ducks??? No way.

77% completion percentage. Nicest throw you will see all year by any qb in college football to Xavier down the sideline.

Cracks me up how dumb TVD is going to make the haters look this year. If not for a bunch of dumb penalties by oline we would have scored tds on 2 more drives.

Advertisement
Last season I said that we would win 4 games max after the fiasco at aTm, and we wound up winning 5 (thanks in large part to Virginia sucking even more than us). PAUSE!

This next game will tell us all we need to know, but I saw too many of the same things that I saw last season, and I’m definitely thinking that unless our OC was somehow not showing much, we are in trouble again.

I hope that I’m wrong, but our O looked like buns, and will struggle against P5 teams if that’s the actual offense that will be called this season.

Worst WR core I’ve ever seen at the U, just a continuation of last season. CY is our only dude at that position (out of the upper classmen). We better pray that RayRay and Mr. Washington are as advertised, and that they get major burn quickly.

Chris Johnson is a weapon, yet mysteriously didn’t get on the field. Dude has game changing speed, and was riding pine. Harrell was also the invisible man. I guess that Mario is allergic to all of that speed.

Don’t wanna hear any more excuses.

Defense looked good overall, but let’s see them against an actual opponent next week before we crown them. It’s concerning that Miami of Ohio hung around for as long as they did in the first half.

The TVD hate is absurd. Kid made a choice to float that int, had he thrown a dart his reciever gets killed by the safety over top, tvd didnt see the defender who picked it underneath, but his floater gave the reciever a chance to run past/across the high safety. Bad vision there maybe, weak arm or throwing ducks??? No way.

77% completion percentage. Nicest throw you will see all year by any qb in college football to Xavier down the sideline.

Cracks me up how dumb TVD is going to make the haters look this year. If not for a bunch of dumb penalties by oline we would have scored tds on 2 more drives.
Agree with every thing u said but that safety just made a heads up play bc if the back got out to the float earlier the safety is never there to make the INT safety never played his responsibility to the flat I believe. Could be wrong but that’s what I saw

Advertisement

That play was just as much on George as it was on Tyler. Tyler should've put it about two yards further up field. But George was so lazy on that play he didn't even bother to help his QB out. Football is a team sport. As anyone knows I don't hesitate to critique tyler or anyone else when there's cause. But if you don't realize what today's game plan was than I'm not gonna bother to inform anyone.

yup, definitely some low football IQ fans. TVD played fine. Took what the D gave him. He obviously floated the pick on purpose.

The “push the ball downfield” narrative is crazy to me. If they want to play 10 yards off I’m taking the quick game to my athletes all game. In fact, the patience to stick with taking what the D is giving should be applauded. 1st down after 1st down

Overall I was pretty pleased with the performance. The passing game wasn’t great, but it didn’t need to be for this game. Im not going to overreact yet because I feel like the offense was conservative tonight because the running game was working and we were probably holding a lot back tonight because we didn’t want to show A&M too much. We’ll get a much better sense of where we’re at after the next game.

Advertisement
Back