Gamblers- Week 2

I’m sure disappointing weekend financially since Miami **** the bed.

Auburn -2 saved me from disaster but new week.

Some early lines I like. Not sure which ones I’ll actually put $ on.

GT -3.5 vs USF

Purdue -16.5 vs eastern Michigan

Ohio state -35 vs Rutgers (Sitkowski is Rutgers savior lol)

Texas A&M + 12.5 vs Clemson

Kentucky +14 vs UF

Michigan State -6 vs Arizona State

Advertisement
I saved my *** with a massive 2nd half Miami-4 bet, fortunately.

I'm with you on GT 3-5. I'll be on that heavy.

I also like Miss St-9.5 vs KSU. Bets with a big line in Manhattan usually aren't wise, but this is not a good KSU team and Miss St's offense looks legit. I think that one could get away from Snyder and Co quickly.

I'll probably be on Sparty-6 as well as I think those teams' two openers really skewed that line.

Navy/Memphis over 68.5 is one of my favorite bets of the weekend.

A&M getting 12.5 in College Station is a ton of points, but something about that bet scares me. I'd take the Aggies if I had to bet it, but I think I'll stay away and just enjoy that game.

Also thinking of throwing something light on Pitt+8.5 at home after that sh-tshow that PSU put on last week.

I'm making bets this week, looking forward to this thread. Can we get some NFL insight as well.

Last edited:
I'm making bets this week, looking forward to this threat. Can we get some NFL insight as well.

I don’t touch NFL as much but will be this year:

Pittsburgh -3 vs Cleveland (I bought a point from -4 just to be sure)

Jax -3 vs NYG (Until NYG proves it’s Oline I’ll take the best D in football to shut them down)

I saved my *** with a massive 2nd half Miami-4 bet, fortunately.

I'm with you on GT 3-5. I'll be on that heavy.

I also like Miss St-9.5 vs KSU. Bets with a big line in Manhattan usually aren't wise, but this is not a good KSU team and Miss St's offense looks legit. I think that one could get away from Snyder and Co quickly.

I'll probably be on Sparty-6 as well as I think those teams' two openers really skewed that line.

Navy/Memphis over 68.5 is one of my favorite bets of the weekend.

A&M getting 12.5 in College Station is a ton of points, but something about that bet scares me. I'd take the Aggies if I had to bet it, but I think I'll stay away and just enjoy that game.

Also thinking of throwing something light on Pitt+8.5 at home after that sh-tshow that PSU put on last week.

I was actually leaning towards MSU as well. I’m a big Moorehead fan. @ Kansas State gives me some hesititation but you may be on to something.

Advertisement
I don’t touch NFL as much but will be this year:

Pittsburgh -3 vs Cleveland (I bought a point from -4 just to be sure)

Jax -3 vs NYG (Until NYG proves it’s Oline I’ll take the best D in football to shut them down)
I havent delved into NFL much yet, will be on Fri/Sat. I'm like both of Capt's picks tho. I'll be all over jax! They are gonna roll the G-Men. Cleveland's new weapons scare me a bit, but Pitt (especially at 3) seems like a solid pick. I like Titans-1.5 vs Phins too. I think Miami is gonna be a dumpster fire again this season. I'll share some more NFL thoughts later this week when I do some more studying.

Me too. I may pound that one as heavy as GT.

I put a solid bet in on GT this afternoon as i think that line is gonna go up.

My MSU KSU line dropped to -9 in the last 30-45 minutes. I may wait to see if I can squeeze another half point before going in on it.

My MSU KSU line dropped to -9 in the last 30-45 minutes. I may wait to see if I can squeeze another half point before going in on it.
I'm showing 9 now too. Interesting as I thought that line would go up further, if anything. I'm going to wait and see what the next move is as well.

Get on GT now though... no way that's staying at 3.5 til kickoff.

Advertisement
I'm on an Eagles/Over teaser tonight (eagles+6/over39). Nothing heavy, but I think it's a decent bet if you're looking for some action on tonight's opener.

Last edited:
OP - I went thru all the games earlier today and I was looking at 3-4 of the ones you had listed. However - ultimately I went with:

Houston -4 vs. Arizona
Nebraska -4 vs. Colorado
Minnesota -2.5 vs. Fresno State
Penn State -8.5 vs. Pitt
USC +6.0 vs. Stanford

I also liked your picks of
Kentucky +14 vs. Florida
Texas A&M +12.5 vs. Clemson

But would have gone the other way on
USF +3.5 vs. GT

OP - I went thru all the games earlier today and I was looking at 3-4 of the ones you had listed. However - ultimately I went with:

Houston -4 vs. Arizona
Nebraska -4 vs. Colorado
Minnesota -2.5 vs. Fresno State
Penn State -8.5 vs. Pitt
USC +6.0 vs. Stanford

I also liked your picks of
Kentucky +14 vs. Florida
Texas A&M +12.5 vs. Clemson

But would have gone the other way on
USF +3.5 vs. GT
Other than the ones we already discussed above, I like your Houston pick. AZ looked really out of sync yesterday with a bizarre offensive approach considering the QB they have. Ed Oliver and Co may give them quite the headache this weekend. UK getting two TDs vs the Gators is intriguing too.

Whats your thoughts on USF+3.5 vs GT? I have a hard time seeing how that USF D will contain the Triple Option for 4 quarters. I don't know a ton about this year's USF team though.

Advertisement
I'm showing 9 now too. Interesting as I thought that line would go up further, if anything. I'm going to wait and see what the next move is as well.

Get on GT now though... no way that's staying at 3.5 til kickoff.

Down to 8. This SOB might get down to 7 before kick off.

Advertisement
Doritos vs Khalil Tate gettin points.....
Excellent call! I took the over on Rice v Doritos last week and saved my week after getting murdered by that Michigan dumpster fire.

One important question for the thread: where are you getting your information/news on teams around the NCAA? ESPN has phased out their CFB Nation section. It used to be mfk'n amazing with curated articles from local newspapers... you could go down that rabbit hole for hours. Later they scaled back to providing only their content but stratified by conference... and I was just on there now and it has been reduced to zilch (removed entirely).

Getting data/news is so crucial... short of watching every single game (which I **** near do) what league wide news sources are people referencing???

Advertisement
Back