Gamblers- Week 1 and Futures

This is not true at all. As a Miami bettor, if I lay -2.5 or -3, I then want to see that spread climb as high as possible after I bet.

After you've bet ... sure.

This guy was talking about watching the line and hoping it goes higher to get a better moneyline (which is opposite).

Advertisement

This guy was talking about watching the line and hoping it goes higher to get a better moneyline (which is opposite).
Got it. Momentum is a powerful thing with pointspreads, much like with stocks. If the market disagrees with me and the line is dropping when I'm expecting it to climb, I'd wait it out for some higher juice on Miami, if not a bounce back of 1/2 a point or so before even considering going against the steam. But yeah...in a vacuum, I agree you'd want the line lower. On another note, I wouldn't bet a game this far out in advance. I'm waiting right up until gameday before pulling the trigger.

Dude..you keep saying I am betting the ML and I keep saying I AM NOT BETTING THE MONEYLINE. LOL. The -130 was betting the spread of -2.5.

You probably think I'm betting the ML because the lay is so **** high. But that's the lay on the spread not the ML. (at least on betonline.ag)

Florida under 8 wins is too risky.

They return 112 OL starts-most in SEC, 10 O Starters again most in SEC and 9 D Starters most in SEC. My experience is, that teams returning that many starters, do very well the first 2-3 games of the season and can then carry that momentum. I see 5 easy wins on their schedule and 2 other games where they should be a decent fav. Only see one real tough game--Georgia and maybe Miss St.
Brian Johnson of CBS Sports has the Gators going to the playoffs and I suspect it is based on this kind of reasoning you are focusing upon.

I think that is insane but do follow your logic. An experienced team like Florida should get better. especially since their division is the weaker division in the conference.

it is just difficult for some teams to shake the loser mentality no matter how experienced they are. So I m thinking they could be in for another long season. I would say stay away from that bet. But I am not a betting man in general.

Georgia under (10.5)
Miami over (8.5)
Shame I can't do an accumulator otherwise I would stick a few more in

Advertisement
My surprise money makers Utah,west Virginia,Texas and miss st.oklahoma wins ufa keeps it under the spread.

fau made me money last year and Ga State. Lets keep this page going because i plan on making a few k aain this college season. Langham made me a good 500 on his catch against fsu

Advertisement
fau made me money last year and Ga State. Lets keep this page going because i plan on making a few k aain this college season. Langham made me a good 500 on his catch against fsu

I planned on starting a new thread for each week of games.

With ****kowski starting for RU, their line of -16 vs Texas State is intriguing. RU is bad.

Advertisement
Any movement on the line? Curious as to how it's trending.
16F0C2AF-B170-4553-98CB-671B8CEBD038.jpeg

42399D28-3A58-4AAA-AB06-2CAE9B93FBF8.jpeg

It was +6 and is now +3.5 at Pinnacle. ML and juice rising now in Wyoming, but the limits were so small up until 8/21 that a wager of $300 or $500 could have moved it down from +6.5 to +3.5. I’d check the movement throughout the day, particularly as it gets an hour or so before kickoff. I’m seeing as high as -4.5 right now at some spots. Not a clear conviction play right now based just on movement.

Advertisement
To be clear, a wager of $300-$500 could have moved it half a point, not all the way from 6 to 3.5.

Put down another 5u on the canes because I knew I would've done so anyway as I am plastered walking into Jerry's World.

Caught it -3 again.

View attachment 62947
View attachment 62948
It was +6 and is now +3.5 at Pinnacle. ML and juice rising now in Wyoming, but the limits were so small up until 8/21 that a wager of $300 or $500 could have moved it down from +6.5 to +3.5. I’d check the movement throughout the day, particularly as it gets an hour or so before kickoff. I’m seeing as high as -4.5 right now at some spots. Not a clear conviction play right now based just on movement.

Cool. Thanks. I'm not a gambler, but it's interesting to hear who the wise guys think will win a game (hoping they are all picking Miami to crush LSU)

Advertisement
Back