Ga Tech can't stop the run

Advertisement
I'll trust the run when we can do it against a stout team. Aggie handled us there.

Pass game should work against anyone.
The Aggies have one of the most talented DLs in college football and also sold out to stop the run with their LBs and safeties as well, which is why we were able to move through the air so easily. They had to give us the pass all day to make sure they stopped the run, and they paid dearly for it.

Advertisement
I really don’t see us beating Tech by 30-40 points. 20 points is very doable and should happen if both teams play their “normal” games and there are not a bunch of crazy plays or turnovers. Tech is significantly better on offense than the past few years. I expect them to score 17-20. I just think we will score 40.
Not sure we'll score 40 just because we may focus on running against their weak run D. But that will also limit the time they have on offense. I'm thinking 34-13 or so.

The Aggies have one of the most talented DLs in college football and also sold out to stop the run with their LBs and safeties as well, which is why we were able to move through the air so easily. They had to give us the pass all day to make sure they stopped the run, and they paid dearly for it.
I was surprised they didn’t adjust when it was clear that TVD was killing them…

Yeah he was a Neanderthal for the past 18 months wojo would frighten away QB’s and WR’s with his offense, until……people realized a running game is a good thing, and now our offense is “diverse”.
When we played a team with a pulse, the caveman football went out the window though. It’s nice to be able to run it all over these bum teams but when the competition steps up, we’re going to need to ride Tyler’s arm and Dawson’s playbook to wins.

Advertisement
Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Time for me to crawl out of my hole and drop my annual 2 cents since I’ve watched each Tech game this season…

- Tech’s Run D is terrible, the Canes o-line and RBs will punish them all game, not just 2nd half. Play action will be available.

- Tech’s pass D is ok, and there is an improved pass rush. TVD’s Jersey may get a little sweaty, doubt we see grass stains on it tho.

- roster turnover similar to ours, but much less consistent as a team. More talented than they have been the last few years

- Tech QB Haynes King can throw and create plays. He’s a transfer from TAMU and has been tainted by Jimbo. He had a strong 2nd half against Wake Forest.

- Singleton is the top playmaker and has been really good as a freshman WR. Look for them to get him involved early.

Canes should win this game by 24+ and stay on track as we get into the meat of the ACC schedule.

Last edited:
Time for me to crawl out of my hole and drop my annual 2 cents since I’ve watched each Tech game this season…

- Tech’s Run D is terrible, the Canes o-line and RBs will punish them all game, not just 2nd half. Play action will be available.

- Tech’s pass D is ok, and there is an improved pass rush. TVD’s may get a little sweaty, doubt we see grass stains on it tho.

- roster turnover similar to ours, but much less consistent as a team. More talented than they have been the last few years

- Tech QB Haynes King can throw and create plays. He’s a transfer from TAMU and has been tainted by Jimbo. He had a strong 2nd half against Wake Forest.

- Singleton is the top playmaker and has been really good as a freshman WR. Look for them to get him involved early.

Canes should win this game by 24+ and stay on track as we get into the meat of the ACC schedule.
how does king compare to weigmann from tamu?

Advertisement
We’re not great coming off of byes in the last few years
We haven't won coming off the bye week since 2017. The 2020 season was a little different with the scheduling due to Covid. We had a few games in which we had an extra week to prepare, but the week before the Clemson game was technically our bye week and we know how that turned out.

Not at all, I just want to see us run well against some better competition
they stacked the box and dared us to throw.. so we did

we didn't try to ram it down their throats, we took what was given. we didn't perform 'amazing' on the ground, but we also didn't try to force it - which arguably is the most refreshing thing about Dawson.

dare us to throw? cool, we'll do that instead

Advertisement
Back