Ga Tech can't stop the run

Advertisement
1695691320974.png

Mirabal watching Cooper catch a body as we run for 240 & 3TDs
ezgif.com-optimize (13).gif

GT is awful.

Been saying we won't have a good idea on how good our running game is until after Clemson.

The highlighted games below should be how we measure how good we are. Just beating up on bad teams doesn't really tell us anything.

View attachment 258468

A2M was more a function of what the defense was willing to live with schematically. They had 7 guys near the LOS for most of the game. In turn, Miami took every single 1v1 on the outside they got.

I wouldn’t use that game as a marker of how well they can run on teams with a pulse. That could be the case, but a big OL like that takes time to wear out teams with similar talents.

Advertisement
GT is awful.

Been saying we won't have a good idea on how good our running game is until after Clemson.

The highlighted games below should be how we measure how good we are. Just beating up on bad teams doesn't really tell us anything.

View attachment 258468
Dang Clempson is 12? Wooh can't wait until we rock a buck fitty on them! Cuz we're gonna roll Darbo and his cast of merrywomen.

Advertisement
6.1 ypc is just god awful

i suspect a Miami (OH) / Temple type of game. minimum effort from TVD and a LOT of our RB's

Advertisement
A2M was more a function of what the defense was willing to live with schematically. They had 7 guys near the LOS for most of the game. In turn, Miami took every single 1v1 on the outside they got.

I wouldn’t use that game as a marker of how well they can run on teams with a pulse. That could be the case, but a big OL like that takes time to wear out teams with similar talents.
Totally agree - can't just use the TAMU game to measure. That's why I said let's wait until we play UNC & Clemson, then we'll have played 3 good teams and have a better idea.

I'm of the opinion we'll go as far as TVD can carry us. Our running game will be just fine, but I don't have confidence the run game can carry us if TVD is having a bad game. I do think TVD can carry us if the run game isn't working that great (Texas A&M for example)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back