G Tech vs. Miami Game Review

Advertisement
I thought Isidora had the overall best game of the OLs. McDermott really struggled pass blocking.

Care to expand on this? I did not spend enough time paying specific attention to the OL. But, I always appreciate the insight from those who have paid particular attention to a position group

HV...dammit man thank you! I take your word as gospel around these parts...you show us all so many nuances to the game that I would never see or learn otherwise. Much appreciated. Your mancrush for KC is really wearing off on me as well.

Why the **** did Walton run into the back of Berrios on his TD run??? There was no need for it!

McDermott-Linder-Isadora are really good on the interior. They play really well together. Linder has some issues if you put a big time nose in front of him, but who doesn't?

They are mobile and since FAU, they've set up a really nice pocket for Brad and create comfortable angles for him to deliver the ball.

Richt does a good job of scheming to help Sunny and Trevor. Backs chipping. Njoku chipping. Herndon sometimes will stay in.

This staff is FOR REAL!!!!!

This ain't ****** Tommy hop scotch anymore...this is the not ****** around crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Good work Vision.
Tell the next person who asked you to be brief to go fk their mama.

What a sorry excuse for a reply.. Can you get yourself out of the gutter long enough for your immature mind to from a reply that has some kind of class... Welcome to ignore...

On no, peeved off the forum Den Mother.

Didn't even know you existed before you posted.
So does it matter if you put me on ignore?
Basically, you're the tree in the forest, and I'm another tree who thinks he's funny as **** on a message board at 9:30 in the morning...two states away.

FIFY =)

This would be so much better with video

Thanks for the breakdown though! I'm sure it took some time.

[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION]

Not sure if you want to spend the extra time, probably takes 30seconds per video to make, but you can use gifs.com to turn youtube videos into little gifs. You copy and paste the youtube link of the game into gifs.com, and then set the start and end time. Then you copy and paste the "direct link" of the gif you just created into the "insert image" option on Canesinsight (unclick the retrieve local file separately option if it doesn't immediately work) . This would actually probably be easier than uploading multiple pictures per play, and maybe save you time along with making the game review much better. For example it took me barely over a minute total to make the 3 gifs of the first 3 videos:

mwypQp.gif

g52jZ9.gif

pg2v8r.gif

This is really cool feedback. I'll see what I can do. I agree gif's would definitely add something to them.

Stills help to capture an exact moment, so I believe there is value there, but I think gifs in certain frames would add more.

I'd like to add graphics to show text and lanes, but it's pretty time consuming as is, so I probably won't be able to do that.

Maybe a better one if/when we beat FSU.

This would be great, but completely understand if you don't have the energy to do more. What you're doing already is great. I watch football as a fan and notice more than most (regular people). That said, I miss and just don't understand a lot so your analysis is helpful as far as highlighting some of the less obvious things that contribute to a plays success or failure.

Advertisement
[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] Why was GT having so much success on perimeter running plays? Those jet sweeps were getting some chunk yards.

Awesome.

Whomever complained about the last one being too long needs some Ritalin and a nice glass of shut your mouth.

@HurricaneVision Why was GT having so much success on perimeter running plays? Those jet sweeps were getting some chunk yards.
Seems to me that we were focused so much on the dive, we were vulnerable. Sometimes you gotta be satisfied taking one play away.

Sad how happy I was on 3rd and short when we loaded the box defensively.

Advertisement
Good stuff again. Make it as long as you want. I learn from every one.

HV, you mention our coaches did a good job adjusting to mask some deficiencies. Can you expand on the deficiencies you see? I mean beyond single play breakdowns, what deficiencies do you see as a unit on defense?

Advertisement
First play of the game and Miami comes out in a 3-4 look. Shaq is tasked solely with the dive play, NT Norton is playing a 1 technique (“shaded” over the C), and Pinckney is off-the-ball. The reason he is off the ball is to keep his speed to allow him to run sideline-to-sideline and far enough away to try to keep linemen out of his legs. True to Diaz’ style, he has his safeties back to help with big plays, as GT hits a larger percentage of “explosive” passing plays as any team on a per-pass basis. GT runs the dive anyway and Norton gets the tackle on a 2-yard run.

-----------------------------------

The more I look at the odd front we used the more it bothers me because I can't understand the benefit of it.

If Norton was so dominant from the 3-4 under and shaded to a 1 tech then why did we use so much 0tech NT with our DEs in the 4 or 5?

All of our tackles were getting blown off the ball at 0tech but Norton. Then the pitches were easy money because our ends were in 4 and 5 tech making it easy af to be blocked down on for the pitch game to have clean lane outside.

Where did you see the benefit of the SPECIFIC odd fronts we used and which look do you think we had the most positive plays out of?

First play of the game and Miami comes out in a 3-4 look. Shaq is tasked solely with the dive play, NT Norton is playing a 1 technique (“shaded” over the C), and Pinckney is off-the-ball. The reason he is off the ball is to keep his speed to allow him to run sideline-to-sideline and far enough away to try to keep linemen out of his legs. True to Diaz’ style, he has his safeties back to help with big plays, as GT hits a larger percentage of “explosive” passing plays as any team on a per-pass basis. GT runs the dive anyway and Norton gets the tackle on a 2-yard run.

-----------------------------------

The more I look at the odd front we used the more it bothers me because I can't understand the benefit of it.

If Norton was so dominant from the 3-4 under and shaded to a 1 tech then why did we use so much 0tech NT with our DEs in the 4 or 5?

All of our tackles were getting blown off the ball at 0tech but Norton. Then the pitches were easy money because our ends were in 4 and 5 tech making it easy af to be blocked down on for the pitch game to have clean lane outside.

Where did you see the benefit of the SPECIFIC odd fronts we used and which look do you think we had the most positive plays out of?

Keep in mind it's difficult to say this > that when that wasn't used in the game.

The specific benefit was it gave the defense a chance to stop the dive and set the edge with the stand up rushers. It also allowed our young LB's the opportunity to have one read, rather than having to read more keys from a 4-3 look. The LB's were taken advantage of quite a bit, and the scheme had them in a position to stop a lot of plays and the defenders either stopped their feet, giving the pitch an easy read, or they flat out missed some tackles in this game. Our S play was poor in this game, and the LB play outside of Pinckney was average.

Finally, I believe the fronts the way we used them put us in a better position numbers wise to stop big plays on the pitch. Sometimes the offense is going to hit on plays. Paul Johnson came up with some great play designs and they hit some passes we dared them to make.

It's certainly your right to feel differently about all of this. It's one of the many fun things about analyzing football. The ability to see different things in the same picture.

Advertisement
Back