G.O.A.T. True Freshman QBs

CAT5Coming

Redshirt Freshman
True freshman QBs who led teams to the best seasons. | Sports on Earth

As the debate continues over whether Nkosi can win the starting job at QB let's look at the ceiling for true freshman QBs. Looking through this list it is pretty obvious even IF Nkosi is as physically gifted as players like Dan Marino, Matt Stafford, Peyton Manning (All of whom took over due to injury as true freshmen) it would be a statistical and historical anomaly for him to deliver what we all are seeking this season our first ACC Championship. Kayaa had some of the best stats ever for a true Freshman, and still lost 7 games.

1985 Canes beat the only true freshman QB to ever win a national championship, OU's Jamelle Hollieway. At least Nkosi wouldn't need to set a precedent...

Advertisement
Statistics aside we have the weakest schedule i could possibly imagine and FSU or Clemson will surely be beatable by a Nkosi Perry who will be entering his 13th game.

Advertisement
How would you figure a true freshman kaaya would fare with this years team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True freshman QBs who led teams to the best seasons. | Sports on Earth

As the debate continues over whether Nkosi can win the starting job at QB let's look at the ceiling for true freshman QBs. Looking through this list it is pretty obvious even IF Nkosi is as physically gifted as players like Dan Marino, Matt Stafford, Peyton Manning (All of whom took over due to injury as true freshmen) it would be a statistical and historical anomaly for him to deliver what we all are seeking this season our first ACC Championship. Kayaa had some of the best stats ever for a true Freshman, and still lost 7 games.

1985 Canes beat the only true freshman QB to ever win a national championship, OU's Jamelle Hollieway. At least Nkosi wouldn't need to set a precedent...

Until last year - Kayaa had zero defense on the team - and had to outscore everyone.

Zero. Defense.

There's only 77 players on scholarship now per TOS. It's pathetic the depth at TE and RB right now when you consider this is THE U. UM puts more RBs and TE's in the league than anyone. Add in a true frosh at QB and it's a blessing that UM could actually go 10-2 with this Big East schedule. The positive now on offense is that FINALLY UM is loaded with talent at WR. The base offense should be a 3 WR set with more 4 WR sets than 2 this season outside the red zone. If Evan is the QB even some occasional 5 WR sets make sense if even 3 of Harley, Dallas, Thomas, Mullins, and Cager are for real. What I'm getting at is this is the year we figure out if Richt can still be an effective offensive game planner and play caller.

We're not winning the ACC with Perry...

Does that mean we're winning it with Rosier or Shirreffs?

Advertisement
How would you figure a true freshman kaaya would fare with this years team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't doubt he would would put up similar numbers with this team. The offense was stacked with Duke Dorsett and Walford leading the way much like is expected with Walton Richards and Herndon this year. What failed freshman Kaaya was a horrid defensive scheme. We no longer have that problem thankfully.

Whoever starts doesn't need to be Heisman caliber, just serviceable in get the ball where it needs to be.

Schedule has been weak since we joined the ACC.

We find ways to lose games. I want the best option to start.

Get the guy to start who will win the most games THIS YEAR.

Miami lost a lot on defense as well in the secondary. We added some guys who are projected to help us but we haven't seen this new group play together.

How good is Redwine at safety? Is JaQuans instincts good enough to compensate for speed as a full time safety? how does Amari Carter look?

I have some defensive concerns. How does Dean adjust to D1 Power 5 football?

How long will it take for the vets and newcomers in the secondary to gel?

Will they even gel?

Until we see these guys play downs on the field together we don't know and we are all projecting. Yes the front 7 should be good. I'm still highly concerned about the secondary and QB Play.

Every single season I predicted Miami to win 10 games because we had enough talent and a schedule. This season I'm going with 8 wins.

I'm still not entirely confident in the offensive line, so I'm glad all our options at QB aren't statues. Any chance they move Langham to TE since we lost Haskins?

Advertisement
Alabama did quite well with a true freshman last year. **** near won the Natty with him. I think QBs today are a lot more game ready than they were in years past.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya was surrounded by a bunch of punk *** bytches his freshman year. At least who ever starts for Miami won't have dat to deal with.

Canedog sees someone other than N'kosi da gawd starting the first game.

Miami lost a lot on defense as well in the secondary. We added some guys who are projected to help us but we haven't seen this new group play together.

How good is Redwine at safety? Is JaQuans instincts good enough to compensate for speed as a full time safety? how does Amari Carter look?

Will they even gel?

Until we see these guys play downs on the field together we don't know and we are all projecting. Yes the front 7 should be good. I'm still highly concerned about the secondary and QB Play.

Every single season I predicted Miami to win 10 games because we had enough talent and a schedule. This season I'm going with 8 wins.

Great front sevens cover up weaknesses in the secondary ( if it is weak). The D will be top shelf.

Will they even gel?

Great front sevens cover up weaknesses in the secondary ( if it is weak). The D will be top shelf.

I'm highly aware of that. I played this game since ages 5-22. But in all my years I know that past results are not indicative of future performance.

That's why the rankings change every year with teams in the top 10 in defense state rankings, turnover margin ect. Every year a new team takes that field with new players.

I don't want to have to rely on defensive battles to win 10 games. only teams I know winning 10 or more games with weak QB Play are BAMA every year, Lsu, and UF. All of the other conferences usually have great offensive teams finish atop the standings.

Advertisement
Back