G.O.A.T. True Freshman QBs

Your Watson Clemson comparison is null and void, Broke.

He only started 5 out of the 13 games.

He took significantly less than half the snaps.

He was an early enrollee.

Tighten up that research, Broke.

He played in most of the games though. In most of the games he played in they won

Advertisement
Your Watson Clemson comparison is null and void, Broke.

He only started 5 out of the 13 games.

He took significantly less than half the snaps.

He was an early enrollee.

Tighten up that research, Broke.

Had 68% 1500 passing yards 14-2 td/int , regardless impressive for a freshman

Shut up, Broke. Stop responding like DBC.

He took significantly less than half the snaps and started only 5 games. He wasn't "the guy" that year. And he enrolled early. Again, your comparison is null and void.

Offensive line better be very much improved if any QB is going to succeed here. If they play like they did last year or worse, we'll be lucky to win 8 games. I'm not trusting any QB on the roster right now to win games for us, so we're going to need more consistent run blocking and better pass protection to cover any deficiencies at QB.

Journeymen QBs and game managers are only successful if the rest of the team picks up the slack. If anybody thinks Ken Dorsey would have been great without that offensive line, they're on crack. He got sacked like three times in three years.

When I say game manager, I mean there is a talented team around him. Of course if your line is crap, a game managing QB is going to get killed. At that point you need a guy that can run for his life, and manage to stay alive. I don't think our line will be that bad, and we have the weapons at WR and TE to make plays if they can get the ball in their hands in the right place at the right time. That's what a game manager does. He knows what he has to work with, and does just that.

I think our line will indeed be improved. My biggest concern is depth at RB. If Walton gets hurt, we're going to see some crazy things, and they might not all be good.

Advertisement
We need to stop comparing Kaaya's freshman year w/ the potential of N'Kosi. Kaaya had a super duper weak defense behind him. Def was giving up scores in the RZ 82% of the time, and if you throw out the games we played against FCS and FBS non-power 5 teams, the def was giving up 26 ppg when the offense was scoring 27 ppg. I mean the def gave up 30 to UVA!!! Different coach, different defensive mind set, different everything. I think Perry can lead us to a ACC title if he plays smart and w/in himself.

Advertisement
Back