FWIW

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami should move up a chunk of spots.

#13 VaTech lost to ODU
#14 Miss. St. lost to Kentucky
#15 Oklahoma St. losing big to Texas Tech
#17 TCU lost to Texas
#18 Wisconsin losing by 3 to Iowa (only 3rd quarter though.

Miami should be just outside of top 15 come Monday. I'm guessing #16

All in all, great weekend for the Canes.

I personally don’t care about moving up in rankings. They way we ending that game was ridiculous. We are just not demonstrating traits of a real contender. Is any one on this board certain we can beat any of those teams you mentioned whose lost or struggled? We just haven’t put it all together.

I personally don’t care about moving up in rankings. They way we ending that game was ridiculous. We are just not demonstrating traits of a real contender. Is any one on this board certain we can beat any of those teams you mentioned whose lost or struggled? We just haven’t put it all together.
Bro, our entire 1st and 2nd team defense was on the bench. Our secondary was Al Blades Jr., Frierson, Knowles, and Gurvan.

Advertisement
I see at most 3 spots. Kentucky should jump us (undefeated) and whoever wins Wisconsin/Iowa will be in front of us. Because Miss St is SEC, they could fall in front but I highly doubt it. Duke remains undefeated and will jump in the rankings but likely behind us.

If Stanford wins, then perhaps another spot. If Oregon wins, then Stanford falls in front.

Not that any of this matters. Just keep getting the Ws.

Bro, our entire 1st and 2nd team defense was on the bench. Our secondary was Al Blades Jr., Frierson, Knowles, and Gurvan.

As we should have learned last year. Rankings mean nothing. We still have to beat the teams in front of us. 1st off we should have dropped 50 plus points on this FIU squad. We labored through to 31points. Second, our reserves should be earning time on the field not just thrown out there. DJ said it best in his post game quote (I am paraphrasing).Tonight was a good win but it wasn’t up to Miami’s standards. I agree with him on that.

Who cares? I’ll be interested in our ranking when we win a meaningful game. Until then, miss me with that stuff. Just win, baby.

Advertisement
Who cares? I’ll be interested in our ranking when we win a meaningful game. Until then, miss me with that stuff. Just win, baby.
hey dip ****. If you haven't noticed, the entire ACC is a dumpster fire. Miami will have no meaningful wins during the season. Moving up in the polls and getting as close as possible to the top 4 is crucial. If Miami goes to the ACCCG ranked #20 vs #3 Clemson and wins, it does nothing for our playoff chances. Don't comment back. You're a douchebag.

Advertisement
hey dip ****. If you haven't noticed, the entire ACC is a dumpster fire. Miami will have no meaningful wins during the season. Moving up in the polls and getting as close as possible to the top 4 is crucial. If Miami goes to the ACCCG ranked #20 vs #3 Clemson and wins, it does nothing for our playoff chances. Don't comment back. You're a douchebag.
One game at a time.
However, I believe if we somehow beat Clemson and win the ACC we will be in the playoff in your scenario. The ACC Champion always gets into the playoff and the Playoff committee has too many incentives to put Miami in. Including ESPN producers in their ears who will be on our behalf since they know the ratings would be through the roof.

But back to reality. UNC is next.

We still don’t look like a top 15 team. God bless our DLine. They are a championship unit. Now that the bs games are out the way we will see what kind of team we really have. We should win the next 2 games by at least 3 TDs if we want to call ourselves a team that deserves respect.

Advertisement
Back