FWIW

Advertisement
Nah we just end up getting passed by ODU Kentucky Texas Texas Tech and Iowa.
Also by LA Tech cause they played close...and Army.
Wisconsin of course stays a spot ahead of us. Did I mention the Gaytors jumping us too.

As stupid as it sounds...it wouldn't surprise me

And fsu didn't lose so....

Advertisement
We need to beat some P5 schools before we move up.

That's not how it works. Teams in front of you lose you move up.

Am I the only one who remembers the deeply flawed, undefeated #2 team from last year? We'd played some bad teams close but all that winning adds up.

hey dip ****. If you haven't noticed, the entire ACC is a dumpster fire. Miami will have no meaningful wins during the season. Moving up in the polls and getting as close as possible to the top 4 is crucial. If Miami goes to the ACCCG ranked #20 vs #3 Clemson and wins, it does nothing for our playoff chances. Don't comment back. You're a douchebag.

We have to get better as a team before we can even worry about the playoffs. I just don’t want to be there I want to know we belong there in the end. We have to get better and take care of business infront of us starting with UNC.

Advertisement
Everyone, including voters, know that it was 31-0 then our bench came in
You would think, but I don't trust that to be true. Just read Schlaback's writeup of all the top 25 teams' games. He referred to our win as "lackluster." He clearly didn't watch the game and just saw the final score. Wonder how many voters do the same?

Best thing about this game was seeing Knowles playing where he should be playing...with the 3rd and 4th string backups.

You would think, but I don't trust that to be true. Just read Schlaback's writeup of all the top 25 teams' games. He referred to our win as "lackluster." He clearly didn't watch the game and just saw the final score. Wonder how many voters do the same?
You're right but my initial point was that we would move up because ppl were losing..not because we impressed and we wouldn't be held back in the polls because of the score which I believe is correct since we moved up to 16

Texas Kentucky Oregon behind us

Advertisement
Miami should move up a chunk of spots.

#13 VaTech lost to ODU
#14 Miss. St. lost to Kentucky
#15 Oklahoma St. losing big to Texas Tech
#17 TCU lost to Texas
#18 Wisconsin losing by 3 to Iowa (only 3rd quarter though.

Miami should be just outside of top 15 come Monday. I'm guessing #16

All in all, great weekend for the Canes.

Great guess. I was wrong.

You're right but my initial point was that we would move up because ppl were losing..not because we impressed and we wouldn't be held back in the polls because of the score which I believe is correct since we moved up to 16

Texas Kentucky Oregon behind us

Definitely agree with you that we'd move up just from others losing. Also feel that playing the youngsters was the right move for the future, even if it did impact the final score and possibly some voters. Just bugs me that so many "pundits" and "experts" involved in ranking do nothing more than look at the box score.

Advertisement
Great guess. I was wrong.
Great weekend for the Canes. Moved up 5 spots, maybe found a starting QB that is dynamic at the position and the ACC coastal looks like ours for the taking. AAAAAAnd Clemson is no where near as good as they were last year.

Advertisement
Back