FWIW (Jacurri)

Your sarcasm meter is broken. I used your obvious joke to mock Gaby's habit of not being able to give a single take without being all over the map with his predictions.
Apparently, our sarcasm meters are broken because, I was trying to extend the conversation in hopes of snagging would be victims into our bull**** argument. Thought we were on the cusp of something great yet impossible to do via text. For that, I will pour me an aggressive pour of Old Grand Dad (urinary tract infected cat ****). Cheers! GO CANES p.s. you are so right on Gaby's "insider info".....dude is non-connected clown.
Drunk Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

Advertisement
Apparently, our sarcasm meters are broken because, I was trying to extend the conversation in hopes of snagging would be victims into our bull**** argument. Thought we were on the cusp of something great yet impossible to do via text. For that, I will pour me an aggressive pour of Old Grand Dad (urinary tract infected cat ****). Cheers! GO CANES p.s. you are so right on Gaby's "insider info".....dude is non-connected clown.
Drunk Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island
Old Grand Dad bottled in bond is good stuff.....I'm using it for old fashioned drinks now.

Fall practice reports about Brown alluded to the fact that he was still inconsistent with his accuracy.

As far as my comment goes, one thing Brown did excel at last year was running the direct snap on short yardage situations. And he actually did that when he was not starting. They had special packages for him. Where have those special packages gone?
I just think that overutilizing one thing he does well is a disservice to his development. Rozier was basically a 50% passer and had success. JB has a big arm. He needs coaching and development on footwork and decision making. I don't know how good Dawson is at developing QBs. Dawson basically said he can't fix QBs (mechanics, etc). Bobby Petrino turned Lamar Jackson into an NFL QB.

JB has so much athletic ability throwing as well as running. It's just crazy to me that fans and the coaches write him off when you have Anthony Richardson drafted in the 1st round who was raw, and had very little average at best production in college. So, the NFL says, "I can develop all that raw talent", but college coaches (at least our coaches) can't. It just blows my mind. You have a young man with elite athletic ability. If you develop him, it puts your team into the CFP for the next 2-3 years.

I watch Caneville on YouTube. They get a lot of information directly from some of the players. They kind of hinted that since JB said he wanted to redshirt, the coaches got petty about it not playing him at all despite what was being said publicly.

Dawson and Mario have completely mismanaged the QB room. I blame Mario because he's in charge. He literally burned JB's redshirt his freshman year playing him in the 4th quarter against Bethune-Cookman in a meaningless game where all he did was hand the ball off. Gaddis and Mario didn't anticipate needing JB as a starter. Mario and Dawson did the same thing this year with Emory. It was so dumb because even if Emory was NOT needed beyond his 4 games, they didn't save him a game for the bowl game. In today's college football, you have to assume your starter may not play in the bowl game. If you're going to preserve the redshirt, then only play 3 games in the regular season and give them the bowl game to showcase for the next season.

The dumb and dumber thing is that not only did Mario burn JB's redshirt last year, if we had a winning season, it would have got burned in the bowl game if he had played his 4 regular season games. If TVD had the year that everyone expected, there would have been a great chance that he sat out the bowl game. So, the way Dawson was talking about playing Emory and JB 4 games each, one or both of them would have burned their redshirt for the bowl game. I just can't believe they didn't think about this. It's obvious they didn't because they would have played Emory sparingly making sure he could play late in the season and save his redshirt. Especially after a similar scenario the previous year.

If JB leaves (I wouldn't blame him if he does), then we'll have 1 scholarship QB heading into the Spring who has a broken arm. That's where things are heading into year 3 which has been completely mismanaged. Needing to find portal QBs is just a result of mismanagement. Perhaps since JB was recruited by the previous regime, the coaches don't have a vested interest in him. JB should take the opportunity that has presented itself and ball out in the bowl game to either secure himself at Miami or at another school.

Last edited:
You can redshirt and play in 4 games.
From the beginning, it never sounded like Dawson believed in playing guys who were taking a redshirt. I don't remember which press conference it was other than it was early on where he talked about it. He mentioned he had redshirted and the challenges in keeping guys engaged. He even mentioned talking to JB about it.

I don't know what the plan was but as the season went on, they clearly didn't feel they wanted to put him on the field.

Probably time for the fans to let it go

Advertisement
Fall practice reports about Brown alluded to the fact that he was still inconsistent with his accuracy.

As far as my comment goes, one thing Brown did excel at last year was running the direct snap on short yardage situations. And he actually did that when he was not starting. They had special packages for him. Where have those special packages gone?
to the RB room

So what's up here? Is JB QBing us in the bowl game or not?

If they offer it to him and he refuses, I think he's making an ENORMOUS mistake. He could actually show his next school that he can ball. And, if he performs well, he can stay and fight here or use that bowl tape as an audition to greener pastures.

I think the down side of him playing (injury, "not being treated fairly") is far outweighed by what he could gain if he QB's us to a victory in our bowl game.

So what's up here? Is JB QBing us in the bowl game or not?

If they offer it to him and he refuses, I think he's making an ENORMOUS mistake. He could actually show his next school that he can ball. And, if he performs well, he can stay and fight here or use that bowl tape as an audition to greener pastures.

I think the down side of him playing (injury, "not being treated fairly") is far outweighed by what he could gain if he QB's us to a victory in our bowl game.
Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

No, but life is not black/white. QB play was clearly improved and Emory did well given the circumstances and was protected like a young QB should given the circumstances.

Plus, there was never a plan to play Brown. He asked for a redshirt, this has been said multiple times over the past months and people continue to ignore it.

Much like many things in life, just like my man @Rellyrell and his taste for women, it was average. Meat was clearly left on the table, but to say it was bad and set up for failure isn't accurate given the data and the tape.
Redshirt still meant he could play 4 games so….and yes I saw your other reply running qb blah blah.
if he was NEVER going to play a down this year, then the staff should NEVER have given him practice reps with the first team- get the best of the walkons some time. But if he would have come in due to injury then the previous get him in up to four games applies still

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't deal with an emotional *** QB man.

Some of y'all excuse this soft shoulder display?

Because he the last man standing?

This is just confirmation that mentally, he might not be up to the task at hand, IMO..
It's a strong take on the situation. but hey, the camera sees what the camera sees.

Someone in his camp needs to get him off social media STAT! Current and future coaches don't want a drama queen leading their team. Let's hope he got his one little girl slap out of his system and he's ready to be a grown *** man and take over this team like a real leader.

I just think that overutilizing one thing he does well is a disservice to his development. Rozier was basically a 50% passer and had success. JB has a big arm. He needs coaching and development on footwork and decision making. I don't know how good Dawson is at developing QBs. Dawson basically said he can't fix QBs (mechanics, etc). Bobby Petrino turned Lamar Jackson into an NFL QB.

JB has so much athletic ability throwing as well as running. It's just crazy to me that fans and the coaches write him off when you have Anthony Richardson drafted in the 1st round who was raw, and had very little average at best production in college. So, the NFL says, "I can develop all that raw talent", but college coaches (at least our coaches) can't. It just blows my mind. You have a young man with elite athletic ability. If you develop him, it puts your team into the CFP for the next 2-3 years.

I watch Caneville on YouTube. They get a lot of information directly from some of the players. They kind of hinted that since JB said he wanted to redshirt, the coaches got petty about it not playing him at all despite what was being said publicly.

Dawson and Mario have completely mismanaged the QB room. I blame Mario because he's in charge. He literally burned JB's redshirt his freshman year playing him in the 4th quarter against Bethune-Cookman in a meaningless game where all he did was hand the ball off. Gaddis and Mario didn't anticipate needing JB as a starter. Mario and Dawson did the same thing this year with Emory. It was so dumb because even if Emory was NOT needed beyond his 4 games, they didn't save him a game for the bowl game. In today's college football, you have to assume your starter may not play in the bowl game. If you're going to preserve the redshirt, then only play 3 games in the regular season and give them the bowl game to showcase for the next season.

The dumb and dumber thing is that not only did Mario burn JB's redshirt last year, if we had a winning season, it would have got burned in the bowl game if he had played his 4 regular season games. If TVD had the year that everyone expected, there would have been a great chance that he sat out the bowl game. So, the way Dawson was talking about playing Emory and JB 4 games each, one or both of them would have burned their redshirt for the bowl game. I just can't believe they didn't think about this. It's obvious they didn't because they would have played Emory sparingly making sure he could play late in the season and save his redshirt. Especially after a similar scenario the previous year.

If JB leaves (I wouldn't blame him if he does), then we'll have 1 scholarship QB heading into the Spring who has a broken arm. That's where things are heading into year 3 which has been completely mismanaged. Needing to find portal QBs is just a result of mismanagement. Perhaps since JB was recruited by the previous regime, the coaches don't have a vested interest in him. JB should take the opportunity that has presented itself and ball out in the bowl game to either secure himself at Miami or at another school.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Man, wtf lol. Not a fan on earth was like don’t play him. I hope he’s talking bout the coaches…
He better lock that crap down and quick. With all of the proven QB's who are in the portal market, he's a begger and not a chooser.

He needs to go and apologize to Mario for letting his emotions get the better of him, then put his head down and be a man going forward. His future isn't looking too bright at the moment. Don't take a dump where you sleep, young fella.

Advertisement
Back