FWIW I talked to Shane McDermott

eleganttomcat

Junior
Talked to Shane yesterday..

He said KC is ALL Cane. TIFWIW boys. Lets roll. Our recruiting class is about to get some serious momentum in the coming months.

Straight from the horse's (older brother's) mouth

Just a reminder I was saying that I talked to Seantrel a few days before his announcement to stay and let the board know he told me he was staying. I'm tight with a bunch of the guys on the team and hang out wit them a lot... they come chill at my house. Probably closest with Rayshawn Scott and let me tell you.... this dude is ready for the reason. He's also determined to take the number 1 spot this year I'm really pulling for him. He's a great great guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement

He said KC is ALL Cane. TIFWIW boys. Lets roll. Our recruiting class is about to get some serious momentum in the coming months.

this is what i needed to hear.

Yeah it was funny, Shane was laughing saying how ND tried to pull a fast one and hire their older bro to kinda indirectly attract KC (even if they won't admit it) but it really worked out the opposite way and KC indirectly helped his brother get the job despite having zero ties to the school haha. Crazy how much leverage recruitment has, it really is crazy.

Just a reminder I was saying that I talked to Seantrel a few days before his announcement to stay and let the board know he told me he was staying. I'm tight with a bunch of the guys on the team and hang out wit them a lot... they come chill at my house. Probably closest with Rayshawn Scott and let me tell you.... this dude is ready for the reason. He's also determined to take the number 1 spot this year I'm really pulling for him. He's a great great guy.

*Rashawn (Had to bust your balls on that one mane)

So, let me ask you this then, what is Shane waiting for? I thought I read somewhere about him boasting that he was gonna commit early and show everyone how to stick to a commitment. Wasn't that him? Or have I been huffing too much glue today?

Advertisement
Be easy, LA Cane. Let the kid breath a little. Still got plenty of time to let the cat out of the bag..As long as he is on board he can commit whenever he feels like it if you ask me.

So, let me ask you this then, what is Shane waiting for? I thought I read somewhere about him boasting that he was gonna commit early and show everyone how to stick to a commitment. Wasn't that him? Or have I been huffing too much glue today?

42.gif

KC is probably waiting for his to actaully start working at ND and get settled in first then pull the trigger. Using all the leverage the family has.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Dear God you cats don't want these kids to have any fun do you? Lol. I just finished watching that movie, Project X and if house parties on college visits are anything like that I dont blame these kids not one bit! Lol. Go and enjoy yourself. As long as he has told Al and crew that he is coming he just wants to have some fun..I am all good. That is all that really matters. And furthermore, dont think for one minute Shane and Brandon are letting this kid leave the Dade line. Not happening. Now if we can only get Jamal and Herb to put the pressure on Ermon we will be good to go!

I heard he was going to commit in Jan his coach asked him to wait after his HS spring game so his teammates can get more exposure from the scouts he's bringing on campus

It's KC, and have a little patience. He has already set a general time frame to announce. Basically he wants to see his top 2 teams in Spring practice/games and then commit following that. Committing the Spring before your senior season isn't exactly committing late in the game.

It's KC, and have a little patience. He has already set a general time frame to announce. Basically he wants to see his top 2 teams in Spring practice/games and then commit following that. Committing the Spring before your senior season isn't exactly committing late in the game.

Correct, it is early as most kids only get offered during the spring and before the season.

Advertisement
****, can't even ask an honest question around here without getting all the butthurt captain save - a hoes telling me to "let the kid have his fun". So basically nobody can answer my question except D.L.I.N.K.D.AGR8, thank you for passing along what you heard instead of throwing out cliche message board lines.

Its pretty much known that KC has held off to attract more attention for some of his teammates during spring evaluations.

Good stuff OP.

LACanes, be easy. Nobody really knows. We all just guessing. If we were real insiders we wouldn't be on this board. We would be working for ESPN. Lol. Thats why most cats just stay the safe route and say the "kid is having fun" and "let it play out." Because if you wrong then you get blasted on this board for being a fake insider. Lol.

Advertisement
****, can't even ask an honest question around here without getting all the butthurt captain save - a hoes telling me to "let the kid have his fun". So basically nobody can answer my question except D.L.I.N.K.D.AGR8, thank you for passing along what you heard instead of throwing out cliche message board lines.

44.gif

Yeah it was funny, Shane was laughing saying how ND tried to pull a fast one and hire their older bro to kinda indirectly attract KC (even if they won't admit it) but it really worked out the opposite way and KC indirectly helped his brother get the job despite having zero ties to the school haha. Crazy how much leverage recruitment has, it really is crazy.

His older brother does have a tie to ND actually. A person who coached him at Colorado St. is now at ND and helped the cause. Either way, he doesnt get the ND gig if not for his younger brother

Gee whiz OP you really came outta left field with this one didn't ya?

The sun is going to rise tomorrow as well.

Advertisement
Back