FWIW, hearing rumors of a Possible Transfer (UGA) NOT Sony!

KANE

Junior
A UGA fan board is talking about the possibility that Isaiah McKenzie may be looking to leave UGA and follow Richt here. Again, TIFWIW. It would be a good pickup for us.

Advertisement
A UGA fan board is talking about the possibility that Isaiah McKenzie may be looking to leave UGA and follow Richt here. Again, TIFWIW. It would be a good pickup for us.

UGA won't allow it

Advertisement
he'd have to sit out a year. why wouldn't uga allow it? no reason for them not to allow it.

he'd have to sit out a year. why wouldn't uga allow it? no reason for them not to allow it.

Just because they have the power not to allow it I guess. They might not want a bunch of their players trying to leave to follow their old coach. So to prevent that they might not allow anyone to transfer here, and obviously they already can't transfer to any team in the SEC or any team they play in the next 3-4 years.

they don't usually stop kids from transferring b/c of a coaching change. it's not going to be a mass exodus to UM. a south florida kid wanting to come back home. i seriously doubt they stop this kid from transferring.

Just because they have the power not to allow it I guess. They might not want a bunch of their players trying to leave to follow their old coach. So to prevent that they might not allow anyone to transfer here, and obviously they already can't transfer to any team in the SEC or any team they play in the next 3-4 years.

public pressure does a lot in these situations too. he's from south florida so he can pull the homesick card.

Advertisement

Yea more power over the free labor. You can't even change your massa unless your massa says so.

Its dicey though, they don't want a rep in South Florida of ******** over players. It gets around fast.

If he wants to transfer here all he has to do is make up some sob story that's family-related and go to the press with it. No way UGA stands in his way if he does that.

Advertisement
This is something that needs to be challenged. They can't prevent him from transferring anywhere. They can refuse to release him from his scholarship, which means he has to pay his own way for the first year at his new school. That has the same effect as blocking the transfer since most kids can't afford to do that. THAT is a big problem, IMO. If they ever release ANY kid to go to a particular school they should be required to release them to ANY school.

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention from the lawyers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back