FWIW - Ferman sez ncaa will try to strip schollies in june

80s

Sophomore
But no more bowl bans

I gotta admit that is ******* riveting stuff right there

Can i get ppl to pay me ten bucks a month for similar "insider" info?

Lulz

Advertisement
He is right with his guess. I don't think anyone is denying that the NCAA is going to try and limit scholarships. The question is how many and for how long.

Advertisement
Who within the NCAA? The COI or Enforcement? I imagine Enforcement still wants to hammer us with the death penalty. But it is not up to them. So who is he referring to?

Advertisement
What would taking a bowl ban equal in terms of scholarships? If Miami had not already given itself penalties, I would say a bowl, and some scholarships, along with probation-and that's with a clean investigation. I would say two bowls and the ACCCG game are enough. People always forget that they've also reduced visits to campus as well. Enough is enough.

No more penalties. Nothing. Fight it.

unless there is some sort of side deal with the NCAA that says, hey if we give you very little scholly losses you wont sue OK?

then we should drag their asses to court regardless of the outcome in June.

if they **** us, then **** them

if they dont, then **** them

No more penalties. Nothing. Fight it.

I hear you, but even before the NCaa Finally got put on blast for trying to intentionally "hammer" UM. Golden and staff as well as others who would/should be privy to the scholarship reduction numberUM might have received, knew it wouldn't be more then 5 a year and a roster cap of 80 at most. With all the info that's come out one of the "high school scouts/handlers" said it would beat most 2-3 with a roster cap reflecting that number. That's info relayed from one of the newer coaches on staff. IMHO I'd be surprised to see UM get more then 2 scholarships a year over 4 years.

Advertisement
Depending on the number it would be nice to have it over and done with. 5 a year for 3 years would be my max acceptable loss, if it were me. We'll see what happens. 0 more bowl bans. ZERO.

Do we deserve any more? No, but there comes a point when you have to look at the options. We can sue and win, we have a solid case. This takes time and money, and the NCAA will drag it out another year at least. During this time, we still struggle with recruiting. Or we can take a small loss, and it's over. No more waiting, questions are answered, recruiting is full force and bowl bans are a thing of the past. Which would you want for this team?

I will be ****ed if we get anything more than we already served. That sham of an organization hasn't get **** on us other than some convicted scum bag said and what former players already admitted to and paid the price for. I know they're going to try and hit us with scholly limits, I expect us to hit them right back with an appeal and a trip to court.

Advertisement
Donna will file suit and fight. No more bull**** from the NCAA.

The problem is it would take a few years worth of court cases to get it over with. Having a court case of our head wouldn't help and would be punishment in its self. It is all about public opinion for the NCAA. This going to court would only server to punish UM.

Hadn't Miami already self imposed scholly losses the last couple of years by only having 80 scholarship players on the roster? I thought I read that somewhere already. **** this **** is old and needs to be over with sooner rather than later as it's already been 2.5 years!!!

Yeah we've done enough! I think they're posturing to see if we actually will file or not. All I can say is the better get ready to bend over & spread them *** cheeks because Donna ain't using lube! We have been respectful and helpful for the duration of this investigation & nobody involved in the investigation is even at the university anymore. We have suspended players, paid back impermissible benefits, held approximately 5 scholarships already from the last two seasons plus sat out (2) bowl games and an ACC Championship Game! **** them!

Advertisement
Back