FWIW - Ferman sez ncaa will try to strip schollies in june

Donna will file suit and fight. No more bull**** from the NCAA.

The problem is it would take a few years worth of court cases to get it over with. Having a court case of our head wouldn't help and would be punishment in its self. It is all about public opinion for the NCAA. This going to court would only server to punish UM.

Not true. The moment the NCAA hits us with an adjudication that takes away scholarships, there is a threat of irreparable harm and UM would run to court for an injunction. If UM got a preliminary injunction, game over -- I'm on my phone, so I won't get into why it would be over. So, the case would not necessarily last years

UM has already admitted wrong doing and as a private organization the NCAA is allowed to punish its members as it sees fit. If this wasn't the case you would see schools getting punishment over turned all the time. This is all about public perception of the NCAA.

Advertisement

The problem is it would take a few years worth of court cases to get it over with. Having a court case of our head wouldn't help and would be punishment in its self. It is all about public opinion for the NCAA. This going to court would only server to punish UM.

Not true. The moment the NCAA hits us with an adjudication that takes away scholarships, there is a threat of irreparable harm and UM would run to court for an injunction. If UM got a preliminary injunction, game over -- I'm on my phone, so I won't get into why it would be over. So, the case would not necessarily last years

UM has already admitted wrong doing and as a private organization the NCAA is allowed to punish its members as it sees fit. If this wasn't the case you would see schools getting punishment over turned all the time. This is all about public perception of the NCAA.

Schools do get punishments overturned quite often. Public schools.

Yes and by the NCAA. I think Miami is looking at 9 scollies over 3 years so 3 a year.

Schools do get punishments overturned quite often. Public schools.

What should happen and what will happen are not always the same thing, and the NCAA is proof of that. It comes down to what the NCAA tries to do and what UM and its board finds acceptable. At this point, every day this case continues is more damaging, though a little less so now that the public opinion has swayed into our favor. Even still, the sooner this is over the better, so a certain level of loss beyond what we've already lost is likely acceptable.

we are not going to accept scholly losses...nothing more than we've already imposed.

there is really nothing to lose by suing the NCAA at this point. get an injunction and tell them to **** off

9 schollys over 3 years is still too much. we really cant afford anymore handicap. an ongoing lawsuit will not hurt us at this point. the case will be done and the worst case scenario is that we take the minimal scholly losses at the end of the lawsuit if we were to lose

Advertisement
we are not going to accept scholly losses...nothing more than we've already imposed.

there is really nothing to lose by suing the NCAA at this point. get an injunction and tell them to **** off

9 schollys over 3 years is still too much. we really cant afford anymore handicap. an ongoing lawsuit will not hurt us at this point. the case will be done and the worst case scenario is that we take the minimal scholly losses at the end of the lawsuit if we were to lose

Getting an injunction is unlikely and if it happened the NCAA could appeal that discussion. It would likely take a few years to settle and we would have a few years of coaches telling recruits that UM will get hit with penalties.

The NCAA cant levy additional penalties just because UM sues them. After June the worst case scenario is going public from the COI.If we dont likey and sue that does not mean the judge can say F' U for bringing this to me- Two more years bowl bans(this aint traffic court..... ;-)

So suing is either win and throw out the schollie losses or lose and serve them.... ,lots other variables but it is not that dicey as some are portraying.

The NCAA cant levy additional penalties just because UM sues them. After June the worst case scenario is going public from the COI.If we dont likey and sue that does not mean the judge can say F' U for bringing this to me- Two more years bowl bans(this aint traffic court..... ;-)

So suing is either win and throw out the schollie losses or lose and serve them.... ,lots other variables but it is not that dicey as some are portraying.

I never said such either. If the judge issues an injunction to stop the enforcement of the penalties then they can certainly be instated when the case ends if we lose the case. I highly doubt an judge would step in against a matter between 2 private groups, one of which volunteers to be part of the other. This case is all about public perception of the NCAA and it needs good standing to stay in power. This is why it will levy scholarship losses against UM but they will be small. This will satisfy the Presidents / Chancellors of NCAA member schools who want punishment brought to us and those who don't want to see the NCAA behaving in such a way.

Advertisement
Miami already overpunished itself with the bowl bans and the championship game, in case Shapiro's claims were true-which most of them weren't.

Nope. Miami should file for an injunction on further Miami punishment, pending the outcome of the court case. Nothing unreasonable about that.

If possible, also file for an injunction preventing further NCAA activity until the outcome of the court case, citing biased and irregular investigation and penalty activities. Shut them down.

In the meantime, self impose one scholarship reduction per year for three years.

Run up some support among legislators, fellow universities, and keep pounding the NCAA in the public domain.

Like I told this one SOB - "This may cost me five thousand, but it will cost you thirty thousand. I'd even do it if it cost me thirty thousand, and cost you five thousand."

Once he saw I was serious - he conceded.

Nope. Miami should file for an injunction on further Miami punishment, pending the outcome of the court case. Nothing unreasonable about that.

If possible, also file for an injunction preventing further NCAA activity until the outcome of the court case, citing biased and irregular investigation and penalty activities. Shut them down.

In the meantime, self impose one scholarship reduction per year for three years.

Run up some support among legislators, fellow universities, and keep pounding the NCAA in the public domain.

Like I told this one SOB - "This may cost me five thousand, but it will cost you thirty thousand. I'd even do it if it cost me thirty thousand, and cost you five thousand."

Before Miami files for a conjunction or whatever that is, shouldn't we go through the NCAA appeals process?

Advertisement

Before Miami files for a conjunction or whatever that is, shouldn't we go through the NCAA appeals process?

well, a conjunction could really bring things together. But, we shouldn't start with one.

well, a conjunction could really bring things together. But, we shouldn't start with one.

How would that function?

I never said such either. If the judge issues an injunction to stop the enforcement of the penalties then they can certainly be instated when the case ends if we lose the case. I highly doubt an judge would step in against a matter between 2 private groups, one of which volunteers to be part of the other. This case is all about public perception of the NCAA and it needs good standing to stay in power. This is why it will levy scholarship losses against UM but they will be small. This will satisfy the Presidents / Chancellors of NCAA member schools who want punishment brought to us and those who don't want to see the NCAA behaving in such a way.
With all due respect I disagree with you on this. I believe a judge would absolutely step in on this. Two private entities yes but one is being vindictively punished and no ability to defend itself without the courts help. Two private entities can partake in a lawsuit. It happens all the time.

Advertisement
WTF is there some global conspiracy to neg me or some ****? LOL I **** well got 12 negs for this **** ^, sorry not everyone is a lawyer my goodness.

Question - what happens if you get negged too much, you get kicked off the site or something?

Getting an injunction is unlikely and if it happened the NCAA could appeal that discussion. It would likely take a few years to settle and we would have a few years of coaches telling recruits that UM will get hit with penalties.

An injunction is not unlikely. And the NCAA would likely lose any interlocutory appeal on it. And the NCAA would never be able to hash out more punishment if it were to succeed.

Get this **** over with, please. It's a ****ed up black cloud over our program. It's been hanging there for 2 full **** years.

Advertisement
Back