FWIW: Bellhop in Coral Gables

I was staying at a hotel in Miami this weekend and I was greeted by a bellhop. He struck up a conversation about UM because of my Canes hat. He was an older guy (mid-50's) and is a Columbus HS grad and a season ticket holder for 20 years. His feedback on the state of the U was that he is confident that Mario is an excellent recruiter but doesnt think he is a good game day coach. He expects a 7 or 8 game win season this year in year 2. He also said there has to be a major turnaround by year 3 or the city will turn on Mario.

Do you agree with him? I want the turnaround as quick as anyone but what is your expectation for year 3?

Advertisement
I was staying at a hotel in Miami this weekend and I was greeted by a bellhop. He struck up a conversation about UM because of my Canes hat. He was an older guy (mid-50's) and is a Columbus HS grad and a season ticket holder for 20 years. His feedback on the state of the U was that he is confident that Mario is an excellent recruiter but doesnt think he is a good game day coach. He expects a 7 or 8 game win season this year in year 2. He also said there has to be a major turnaround by year 3 or the city will turn on Mario.

Do you agree with him? I want the turnaround as quick as anyone but what is your expectation for year 3?
🥱

I don't 100% agree with him, but your screen name is a giveaway as to how you (probably) feel.

I think there will be a pretty substantial turnaround by Year 3, and the absolute difference-maker on Ws and Ls will be who lines up at QB in Year 3. If we have addressed that position via the Portal and/or development, we will likely be in the ACC-CG in Year 3.

this-is-breaking-news-wow.gif

schmoedown-lon-harris.gif

Advertisement
Your screen name and time you started your account says a lot. But yes, he can recruit with anybody and he needs to improve his gameday coaching (time management to be specific).

It's all about chemistry. We will see once we step on the field. Nobody knows anything right now, but the simplest prediction is that we will be a little bit better than last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
lol bruhhhhh so disappointed in this thread. I thought the bellhop had some intel on recruits that came to visit, or some crazy story about a party.

Not that some random dude who went to HS in Miami has the same opinion of Mario as the consensus in CFB "great recruiter, needs work as a game day coach" and the typical timetable for coaches to **** or get off the pot "year 3" to have 3 full recruiting classes and their guys in and that he expects the same amount of wins "7 or 8" as vegas. Just nuke this entire thing or change the thread title to something more appropriate

Advertisement
Back