Funny how Temple is better

LOL, I knew your lame *** would show up to argue the point.

"Lame ***", ouch. Such hurtful words. Be nice!

Yes, lie and exaggerate. As in "Temple regularly had the top classes in the MAC before upgrading to the AAC."

Funny thing is we're actually in agreement that there's no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all. That was my point exactly. It should be enough to judge him based on his failure at UM instead of having to start threads like this one to lie and exaggerate his faults at Temple. That's not defending him, nitwit.

In one sentence you claim something about recruiting (irrelevant) at the MAC and then one sentence later you say "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all".

So in the first sentence you bring up some irrelevant point (i.e. talk about his Temple tenure) and in the next sentence you say "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all." Classic porst and cool beans!

Equally funny that you keep bringing up some old thread that is of no consequence or relevance to anything. But hey, par for the course for you.

I bring it up because you made some amazingly awful porsts and dodged the topic when asked about it. But hey, par for the course for you.

I am such a fan of your ability to duck and dodge a topic. Keep up the good work!

Did you read the freaking thread? I didn't "bring up some irrelevant point." I corrected a lie/exaggeration that another poster set forth. Which gets to my larger point about folks who feel the need to continually lie/exaggerate/bring up Temple instead of focusing on his tenure at UM. We get it--he sucks. He needs to go. Let's move on.

Funny you castigating me when it's obvious your own posts lack any critical thought.

Advertisement
Did you read the freaking thread? I didn't "bring up some irrelevant point." I corrected a lie/exaggeration that another poster set forth. Which gets to my larger point about folks who feel the need to continually lie/exaggerate/bring up Temple instead of focusing on his tenure at UM. We get it--he sucks. He needs to go. Let's move on.

Funny you castigating me when it's obvious your own posts lack any critical thought.

Like I said, in one sentence you bring up recruiting and then one later you say "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all". If you really thought "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all" then you probably wouldn't blow/defend Al's tenure at Temple. Thank the lord you corrected this "exaggeration".

We will move on ONCE Al is gone, sorry that you're upset. It won't get better either.

"Funny you castigating me when it's obvious your own posts lack any critical thought."

IRONY!

Where was that budget before Al Golden got there when Temple couldn't win a game. Give me a break. The only reason why Temple is still in D-1 football is because of Al Golden. I was there. I know how bad that team was dudes who didn't have schollies could literally just walk on the team just like it was intramurals or something. To credit Addazio over Golden for any success Temple gets is a joke. Addazio wouldn't have even looked twice at the Temple job if not for the job Al Golden did there. And Al will turn it around here as well.

Al Golden had Big East players playing in the Mac and the biggest budget but keep praising those temple temples that didn't beat anyone.

Muhamed wilkerson was a basketball player. check my earlier post. kids would turn temple down to go to top FCS/IAA schools. they didnt have big east talent. its was a nightmare. Addazio was barely there. at this point i want golden gone but the guy turned the program around and developed kids that were very raw. I mean he did get terrence knighton, bernard peirce, rob streeter, wilkerson, jaquan jarrett all into the pros and they are pretty good pros at that.

Advertisement
This is such a dumb thread. Temple was THROWN OUT of the big east for not being competitive. They were 3-31 in the three years before golden. He then went 1-11 in ’06, 4-8 in ’07, 5-7 in ’08 (best record at temple since 1990. Then went on to go 9-3 in ’09.

Say what you want about his failures here at Miami but you’re ignorant if you think what he did at Temple wasn’t impressive

Yea but did they play night games at Temple????

Like I said, in one sentence you bring up recruiting and then one later you say "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all". If you really thought "no need to bring up what he did at Temple at all" then you probably wouldn't blow/defend Al's tenure at Temple. Thank the lord you corrected this "exaggeration".

We will move on ONCE Al is gone, sorry that you're upset. It won't get better either.

"Funny you castigating me when it's obvious your own posts lack any critical thought."

IRONY!

Gawd. talk about irony. The more you dig your heels in on this one, the more you reveal yourself as a jackazz.

Let's walk this back a bit. First, it should be noted that the OP is all about denigrating Al's time at Temple. Second, someone a few posts in decides to spout a lie/exaggeration about how awesome Temple's recruiting classes were in comparison to other MAC schools...the rationale being that Al sucked as a coach because he couldn't win the MAC even though he had better talent than everyone.

I correct this false statement.

I later pipe in that it seems strange that folks feel the need to lie about Golden's time at Temple and play down his accomplishments there. I said: "Same could be asked of those who feel the need to lie and exaggerate in order to "prove" how awful he is. What's the point? Isn't it enough that he sucks at UM, and that we all know he needs to go?"

To which you then replied paradoxically: "No. It isn't enough till he is gone. Exaggerate and lie? Seriously. Where is the exaggeration? Who cares what he did at Temple? How is this relevant anymore? It was then and this is now. The reason people don't give 2 chits about Al and Temple is because this isn't Temple. Al started 6-6 and last year he went 6-7; that is the only thing that matters. Anyone gloating or defending his Temple tenure (5-6 seasons ago) has nothing to stand on during his recent tenure. Whatever he did at Temple, was done at Temple."

Now, given that my post was in reference to lies told about his time at Temple, and that my point was that we should focus on what he'd done at UM, you must've either not read the thread or misunderstood it. Either way, you obviously didn't know wtf I was talking about...you just wanted to argue. Which is your MO.

This is such a dumb thread. Temple was THROWN OUT of the big east for not being competitive. They were 3-31 in the three years before golden. He then went 1-11 in ’06, 4-8 in ’07, 5-7 in ’08 (best record at temple since 1990. Then went on to go 9-3 in ’09.

Say what you want about his failures here at Miami but you’re ignorant if you think what he did at Temple wasn’t impressive

It wasn't impressive you ***** Mouth. It wasn't impressive enough to be hired by Miami. LOOK AT THE WINS AND LOSSES. Temple dumbed down the schedule for the Incompetent Fool, the same way Miami is doing now......Toledo, Arky State, Bethune Cookman.

The ***** did not win sh*t.......no conference championships.

Search Committee failed to vette Foldens wins and losses. They got caught up in the Bull Sh*t.........like you.

Why do you think Temple did not get a bowl invite after winning 9 games..............They did not beat anyone! The Bowls saw the BS!

Gawd. talk about irony. The more you dig your heels in on this one, the more you reveal yourself as a jackazz.

Now I am a "jackazz". Can I still be a "lame ***"? This name calling is so harsh and a little confusing.

Let's walk this back a bit. First, it should be noted that the OP is all about denigrating Al's time at Temple. Second, someone a few posts in decides to spout a lie/exaggeration about how awesome Temple's recruiting classes were in comparison to other MAC schools...the rationale being that Al sucked as a coach because he couldn't win the MAC even though he had better talent than everyone.

I correct this false statement.

Cool. Keep defending Al.

I later pipe in that it seems strange that folks feel the need to lie about Golden's time at Temple and play down his accomplishments there. I said: "Same could be asked of those who feel the need to lie and exaggerate in order to "prove" how awful he is. What's the point? Isn't it enough that he sucks at UM, and that we all know he needs to go?"

Is it enough that he sucks at UM? Clearly not as he is still employed and the self-inflicted cancer is still able to destroy.

As long as he is employed, people will be slightly perturbed. These people don't want to hear about Temple regardless about what actually happened there.

To which you then replied paradoxically: "No. It isn't enough till he is gone. Exaggerate and lie? Seriously. Where is the exaggeration? Who cares what he did at Temple? How is this relevant anymore? It was then and this is now. The reason people don't give 2 chits about Al and Temple is because this isn't Temple. Al started 6-6 and last year he went 6-7; that is the only thing that matters. Anyone gloating or defending his Temple tenure (5-6 seasons ago) has nothing to stand on during his recent tenure. Whatever he did at Temple, was done at Temple."

Now, given that my post was in reference to lies told about his time at Temple, and that my point was that we should focus on what he'd done at UM, you must've either not read the thread or misunderstood it. Either way, you obviously didn't know wtf I was talking about...you just wanted to argue. Which is your MO.

I understand that you contradict yourself in order to defend Al.

My MO is to be a "lame ***" and/or "jackazz". You already knew that about me.

Are you glad you set the record straight on Al recruiting at Temple?

Advertisement

You think its impressive? You need to go read Jason's Whitlocks podcast from 5 years ago.....

Advertisement

You think its impressive? You need to go read Jason's Whitlocks podcast from 5 years ago.....

there is a difference between being impressed and being fair. i want him gone but fair is fair.

Im still waiting on someone to explain how temple is so much better then fau

Temple beat a B1G team. FAU lost to an AAC team. At this point Temple > FAU. How much better, or if it will play out over a season - who knows?

Penn st is horrible with a coach just as bad as ours. That wont be the last time they take a major L this year
You're why smart people are so miserable.
Lol ok. Next.....

Advertisement
funny how temple is better now than when Golden was there 😆😆😆

And their HCs keep getting bigger and better jobs and Temple show out. Current Temple Honcho Matt Rhule who slayed Giant PSU is next in line. When he goes, Mark D'Onofrio will be re-applying for that gig, and replacing Rhule if he duplicates his top 14th defense feat and UM wins 10+ games.

Failure or success at Temple don't mean squat.
Bruce Arians record at Temple 21-39 ....Bruce Arians record in the Pros 21-11...go figure.

Failure or success at Temple don't mean squat.
Bruce Arians record at Temple 21-39 ....Bruce Arians record in the Pros 21-11...go figure.

Give me a statistical breakdown and extrapolation of Folden's record at Temple and what his record would be in the NFL. CIS stat masters might tell us that Folden would be 24-8 in the NFL because he did better at Temple than Arians did.

Advertisement
Back