Funny how Temple is better

This is such a dumb thread. Temple was THROWN OUT of the big east for not being competitive. They were 3-31 in the three years before golden. He then went 1-11 in ’06, 4-8 in ’07, 5-7 in ’08 (best record at temple since 1990. Then went on to go 9-3 in ’09.

Say what you want about his failures here at Miami but you’re ignorant if you think what he did at Temple wasn’t impressive

lmao super impressive. how many MAC titles did he win? maybe he will redeem himself by finally winning the coastal!

Advertisement
This is such a dumb thread. Temple was THROWN OUT of the big east for not being competitive. They were 3-31 in the three years before golden. He then went 1-11 in ’06, 4-8 in ’07, 5-7 in ’08 (best record at temple since 1990. Then went on to go 9-3 in ’09.

Say what you want about his failures here at Miami but you’re ignorant if you think what he did at Temple wasn’t impressive

lmao super impressive. how many MAC titles did he win? maybe he will redeem himself by finally winning the coastal!

He left after his 9-3 year. That’s like saying Butch Sucks because he never won a championship here. You think when Temple hired him they told him he had to win the MAC by year 4? obviously not. He turned the program and dipped for Miami before he could win/lose a MAC championship.

Like I said. We all acknowledge his failures here at Miami, but it was clear that he was one of the top coaching choices at the time for his work at Temple. That’s why the majority of the fan base were ecstatic when he was hired.

He left after his 9-3 year. That’s like saying Butch Sucks because he never won a championship here. You think when Temple hired him they told him he had to win the MAC by year 4? obviously not. He turned the program and dipped for Miami before he could win/lose a MAC championship.

Like I said. We all acknowledge his failures here at Miami, but it was clear that he was one of the top coaching choices at the time for his work at Temple. That’s why the majority of the fan base were ecstatic when he was hired.

its the fckin MAC for god sake not a National Championship. your comparing the MAC to a NC? lmao
Butch won the Big East (not the sorry *** MAC) and left UM with the greatest team of all time and a National fkin Champion.
And your trying to compare that with what Folden did at fkin Temple? lmao you cant be serious

its the fckin MAC for god sake not a National Championship. your comparing the MAC to a NC? lmao
Butch won the Big East (not the sorry *** MAC) and left UM with the greatest team of all time and a National fkin Champion.
And your trying to compare that with what Folden did at fkin Temple? lmao you cant be serious

I'm from the northeast. If you truly understood how terrible Temple was you wouldn't be saying nonsense. What Al did there was unbelievable.

I thought he was a great hire when we got him. Obviously I was wrong but what he did at Temple was remarkable.

I'm from the northeast. If you truly understood how terrible Temple was you wouldn't be saying nonsense. What Al did there was unbelievable.

I thought he was a great hire when we got him. Obviously I was wrong but what he did at Temple was remarkable.

i guess...couldnt even win the ****** *** MAC, never won a bowl game, im not seeing what is "unbelievable" about what he did.

he went from big east to mac, thats shouldve been an advantage right there.

maybe your right, im not from the northeast so i wouldnt understand. seems like you guys are the only ones that see his greatness.

Advertisement
For those of you trying to tout his years at Temple, what is your point exactly?

Why is it so important that we not unfairly tarnish and give him the proper credit for them? Are you trying to delude yourself into believing that there is actual coaching ability floating around somewhere in that pile of flab? That he's actually a great coach but has been thwarted from taking Miami back to the top of the mountain by some unseen force?

annnnnnd you’re comparing Miami to Temple. It was in terms of relativity. yes I was comparing the fact that they both left their programs when the programs were not he rise. not the state of the programs in general

Last edited:

annnnnnd you’re comparing Miami to Temple. It was in terms of relativity. yes I was comparing the fact that they both left their programs when the programs were not he rise. not the state of the programs in general

annnnd you were comparing butch to folden, which is laughable. aaaand you said al couldnt win mac bc he left, then tried to say butch left without winning a NC, conveniently leaving out that he won the big east (and shoulda won NC his last year but got screwed by BCS).

big east=conference mac=conference..... your comparison was off

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not so funny knowing they'd probably beat us now.
Stop it

how are you so sure they wont beat us? lol have u seen the plethora of teams that have been spanking us the last 4 years?
i got my money on temple

Well, that should mean you feel confident that we will lose to fau. What do you say, a ban from posting until after the last game of the year.

lmao picking low hanging fruits, huh? real confident in folden, aren't you. you went out on a limb with that one.

Not so funny knowing they'd probably beat us now.
Stop it

how are you so sure they wont beat us? lol have u seen the plethora of teams that have been spanking us the last 4 years?
i got my money on temple

Well, that should mean you feel confident that we will lose to fau. What do you say, a ban from posting until after the last game of the year.

lmao picking low hanging fruits, huh? real confident in folden, aren't you. you went out on a limb with that one.
Im not about to go back and forth with you. You said you like temple to beat us. And you would bet it. That came from you. So fau should be able to beat us to right? Do we have a bet or not.

i got my money on temple

Im not about to go back and forth with you. You said you like temple to beat us. And you would bet it. That came from you. So fau should be able to beat us to right? Do we have a bet or not.

your going back and forth with yourself dumbass. i said i like TEMPLE to beat us, not FAU, can you read? stupid son of a *****.

with that being said nothing would surprise me. i wouldnt put it past el foldo to choke the game away.

Advertisement
i got my money on temple

your going back and forth with yourself dumbass. i said i like TEMPLE to beat us, not FAU, can you read? stupid son of a *****.

with that being said nothing would surprise me. i wouldnt put it past el foldo to choke the game away.
Lol ok. So no bet. I figured. Just more talking out the ***. Feel free to reply but i wont reply back. Have a goodnight sir.

Al Golden had Big East players playing in the Mac and the biggest budget but keep praising those temple temples that didn't beat anyone.

i got my money on temple

How does that add up?

Temple just ran a train on PSU. They're a few votes out of the top 25. We're ranked something around 60th.

So most sports writers and college coaches place Temple way ahead of Da U.

While FAU might give us a challenge, because we suck, it's a far cry from playing a top 25 team which Alf has proven futile against.

Your straw man is up in flames.

Advertisement

Lol ok. So no bet. I figured. Just more talking out the ***. Feel free to reply but i wont reply back. Have a goodnight sir.

LOL at this guy getting worked up because Deez said Temple would beat us, but Deez won't bet him that FAU will beat us. What the **** are you even talking about, man? What does FAU have to do with Temple? Temple would smash FAU.

i got my money on temple

How does that add up?

Temple just ran a train on PSU. They're a few votes out of the top 25. We're ranked something around 60th.

While FAU might give us a challenge, because we suck, it's a far cry from playing a top 25 team which Alf has proven futile against.

One week in and you are talking about rankings? If you think temple is just outside the top25 just because they beat a garbage penn st team with a coach worse then ours then im done replying to you also. I guess they had the rankings right when we went 7-0 and was ranked as high as 7th

How does that add up?

One week in and you are talking about rankings? If you think temple is just outside the top25 just because they beat a garbage penn st team with a coach worse then ours then im done replying to you also. I guess they had the rankings right when we went 7-0 and was ranked as high as 7th

Rankings are meaningless without a full body of work, I completely agree.

Alf is something like 3-26 against the top 25.

If temple cracks the rankings, there's a 91% chance they'll beat us. Given 30 games of proof over 10 years of coaching.

Advertisement
Back