Fun Fact: Tua Tagovailoa

Advertisement
Usually when you come on "Eye in the Sky" during the early part of the off-season, it gets kind of boring and repetitive. But if you are lucky you get to stumble upon a treasure like this thread. Thank You OP, you made my day

OP is a corporate accountant for Deutsche Bank that keeps it real by running 30 deep with his hood crew from the 94 westside blocc at night. Does that about cover it?

Oh, and he jumps military guys with his crew, beats them unconscious while yelling island power, flies back to Seattle in the morning, puts on his suit and tie, and resumes his high powered corporate job with Deutsche Bank.

It is on another thread...OriginalCanesCanes calling Tua and his family "island ni66ers"...i don't make stuff up bruh

I'm certain He wasn't calling anybody "islang n!ggers", but I'll let [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION] clarify:

Anybody that’s ever been to Hawaii and Alabama - 2 different worlds.

They’re just living in that family football player bubble for now.

Once he’s done, they’ll go back to being treated like island ni66ers. Bama ain’t changed. They’ll move back.

Yeah, that would take reading comprehension by OP. Not a strong suit in Hawaii. I think Hawaii public schools are just in front of Mississippi and Alabama for worst public schools. Obvious that OC3 meant that to the good people of Alabama, a Pacific Islander is probably considered an island n**ger just like a middle eastern person is a "sand n**ger" and they are only being treated nicely because Tua plays for Alabama. If he flops as a QB, you can be **** sure life isn't going to be quite as pleasant for his family around Tuscaloosa.

Actually, Middle Eastern folk are romanticized by being called Hajis or The Muj, but I get your point....P.s. Omar don't Surf

Huh... must be a post 9/11 thing. Interesting. As a middle eastern kid in the 80s living in rural Appalachia (bumf*ck Kentucky, middle of nowhere) I was called a "sand n**ger" and also occasionally an "oreo" (which I thought for the longest time was a compliment- who doesn't love a delicious oreo cookie?). Turns out an "oreo" is someone who is part black/white, but since I am brown I guess the racists just assumed I was a product of a mixed race couple.

Lmao...yeah man, it was jest from me, but true of others. never heard the sand one...either way, fûck it, why can't people just et others be in peace...I ponder this every day.

Advertisement
OP is trash. Just like every stupid Hawaii fan who comes out and wants to talk just cause some boy from the island made it big. Save it. This is a **** shame coming on canesinsight and talking about tua just cause they were bashing him. Just stop, Don't be like every other Hawaii Fan saying I was always a canes fan just stop. Where were you while we were under a ****** *** president who didn't give a **** about football, hired athletic directors who hired trash *** coaches and we had nevin. Wait I know cheering for Oregon when another Island boy played for them or when catfish Te'o was playing for Notre Dame. Just f ing stop you're a **** shame and I'm from Hawaii. You're part of the problem of Hawaii people not sticking to a **** team and riding with them through and through. Let me put this into perspective for you. Tua went to Bama because some booster dropped the bag. For him and his family. You cannot tell me that a team that came late in the process for Tua who was a heavy USC lean to just get up and want to go to Bama after citing the fact that he wants to play close to his family. His brother played here his Jr Yr, moved to bama for his Sr yr cause he got a scholarship. Then his whole family moves cause they got a house and his mom got a job. You can't say that late in his visit Tua was told hey play here we'll buy your family a house, give your brother a scholly, get your mom a job and drop this bag for you as well. So seriously stop making us real Cane fans from Hawaii look so bad. Go back to cheering local players and referencing god just to try and look good.

OP is trash. Just like every stupid Hawaii fan who comes out and wants to talk just cause some boy from the island made it big. Save it. This is a **** shame coming on canesinsight and talking about tua just cause they were bashing him. Just stop, Don't be like every other Hawaii Fan saying I was always a canes fan just stop. Where were you while we were under a ****** *** president who didn't give a **** about football, hired athletic directors who hired trash *** coaches and we had nevin. Wait I know cheering for Oregon when another Island boy played for them or when catfish Te'o was playing for Notre Dame. Just f ing stop you're a **** shame and I'm from Hawaii. You're part of the problem of Hawaii people not sticking to a **** team and riding with them through and through. Let me put this into perspective for you. Tua went to Bama because some booster dropped the bag. For him and his family. You cannot tell me that a team that came late in the process for Tua who was a heavy USC lean to just get up and want to go to Bama after citing the fact that he wants to play close to his family. His brother played here his Jr Yr, moved to bama for his Sr yr cause he got a scholarship. Then his whole family moves cause they got a house and his mom got a job. You can't say that late in his visit Tua was told hey play here we'll buy your family a house, give your brother a scholly, get your mom a job and drop this bag for you as well. So seriously stop making us real Cane fans from Hawaii look so bad. Go back to cheering local players and referencing god just to try and look good.

Bro, I've been a Hurricane fan since I learned the game of football... I'm a Warrior by default considering I grew up in Hawaii and attended UH Manoa. There are not many Hurricane fans I know in Hawaii. You are right though, lots of front runners but not many Canes fans, even when we dominated.

OP is trash. Just like every stupid Hawaii fan who comes out and wants to talk just cause some boy from the island made it big. Save it. This is a **** shame coming on canesinsight and talking about tua just cause they were bashing him. Just stop, Don't be like every other Hawaii Fan saying I was always a canes fan just stop. Where were you while we were under a ****ty *** president who didn't give a **** about football, hired athletic directors who hired trash *** coaches and we had nevin. Wait I know cheering for Oregon when another Island boy played for them or when catfish Te'o was playing for Notre Dame. Just f ing stop you're a **** shame and I'm from Hawaii. You're part of the problem of Hawaii people not sticking to a **** team and riding with them through and through. Let me put this into perspective for you. Tua went to Bama because some booster dropped the bag. For him and his family. You cannot tell me that a team that came late in the process for Tua who was a heavy USC lean to just get up and want to go to Bama after citing the fact that he wants to play close to his family. His brother played here his Jr Yr, moved to bama for his Sr yr cause he got a scholarship. Then his whole family moves cause they got a house and his mom got a job. You can't say that late in his visit Tua was told hey play here we'll buy your family a house, give your brother a scholly, get your mom a job and drop this bag for you as well. So seriously stop making us real Cane fans from Hawaii look so bad. Go back to cheering local players and referencing god just to try and look good.

Bro, I've been a Hurricane fan since I learned the game of football... I'm a Warrior by default considering I grew up in Hawaii and attended UH Manoa. There are not many Hurricane fans I know in Hawaii. You are right though, lots of front runners but not many Canes fans, even when we dominated.

I'm from Hawaii and Been a cane fan since I started watching football in the 2nd grade. Just graduated from UH Manoa as well. I come here for news but it's sad seeing someone like 808boyz come in and make us real cane fans look stupid. SMH

Advertisement
What island is UH Manoa? Is it a satellite of UH on Oahu? Doesn’t BYU have a pretty big presence there, too?

I love visiting, but one thing I noticed, cost of living there seems through the roof...lot of it must be transpo but still...paradise esp if you like outdoor water sports

What island is UH Manoa? Is it a satellite of UH on Oahu? Doesn’t BYU have a pretty big presence there, too?

I love visiting, but one thing I noticed, cost of living there seems through the roof...lot of it must be transpo but still...paradise esp if you like outdoor water sports

It's on Oahu and Manoa is the city which it's in. BYU is just a misconception its all the way up north.

UH Manoa is the main campus for University of Hawaii and located in Manoa (Honolulu). BYU has a campus in Laie on Oahu and owns that part of the island. Not too much of a presence outside of North Oahu.

Cost of living here is high but the real problem is lack of high paying jobs and really bad/inefficient local government. Most locals have a hard time buying a home here because they cost over $700,000 and we average about $50,000K income...

Advertisement
Yea, I was looking at real estate prices there one time just for shlts and giggles and just standard average middle of the road stuff is just under a million. I think it’s better if you want to live on the outer islands I guess

Lmao...yeah man, it was jest from me, but true of others. never heard the sand one...either way, fûck it, why can't people just et others be in peace...I ponder this every day.
Because humans are apparently dedicated to making life more complicated than it has to be.

Advertisement
It is on another thread...OriginalCanesCanes calling Tua and his family "island ni66ers"...i don't make stuff up bruh

I'm certain He wasn't calling anybody "islang n!ggers", but I'll let [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION] clarify:

Anybody that’s ever been to Hawaii and Alabama - 2 different worlds.

They’re just living in that family football player bubble for now.

Once he’s done, they’ll go back to being treated like island ni66ers. Bama ain’t changed. They’ll move back.

Yeah, that would take reading comprehension by OP. Not a strong suit in Hawaii. I think Hawaii public schools are just in front of Mississippi and Alabama for worst public schools. Obvious that OC3 meant that to the good people of Alabama, a Pacific Islander is probably considered an island n**ger just like a middle eastern person is a "sand n**ger" and they are only being treated nicely because Tua plays for Alabama. If he flops as a QB, you can be **** sure life isn't going to be quite as pleasant for his family around Tuscaloosa.

Actually, Middle Eastern folk are romanticized by being called Hajis or The Muj, but I get your point....P.s. Omar don't Surf

Huh... must be a post 9/11 thing. Interesting. As a middle eastern kid in the 80s living in rural Appalachia (bumf*ck Kentucky, middle of nowhere) I was called a "sand n**ger" and also occasionally an "oreo" (which I thought for the longest time was a compliment- who doesn't love a delicious oreo cookie?). Turns out an "oreo" is someone who is part black/white, but since I am brown I guess the racists just assumed I was a product of a mixed race couple.

Oreo is black on the outside, white inside. Usually describing someone think/act white, but dark skinned. Asians are called banana, yellow outside. I have also heard of coconut. Similar idea.

UH Manoa is the main campus for University of Hawaii and located in Manoa (Honolulu). BYU has a campus in Laie on Oahu and owns that part of the island. Not too much of a presence outside of North Oahu.

Cost of living here is high but the real problem is lack of high paying jobs and really bad/inefficient local government. Most locals have a hard time buying a home here because they cost over $700,000 and we average about $50,000K income...

Hurricane Warrior - so is OP's comment about The Rock have any validity or legs to it?

Hurricane Warrior - so is OP's comment about The Rock have any validity or legs to it?

Not with anyone I know... but of course I'm not in the circle here nor a part of the westside 94blocc aka the hood and live in Ktown/Downtown. I just work in Downtown and see a lot homeless dudes from all over the U.S....

People I know all love the Rock from the WWE and his movies. He went to high school here for a bit and was pretty quiet according to a friend who was his classmate. He works out at 24hr fitness here when he is in town and a few of my friends have seen him and said he is a pretty humble guy. People in Hawaii love the Rock but I don't think he lived in the same hood as OP.

Not with anyone I know... but of course I'm not in the circle here nor a part of the westside 94blocc aka the hood and live in Ktown/Downtown. I just work in Downtown and see a lot homeless dudes from all over the U.S....

People I know all love the Rock from the WWE and his movies. He went to high school here for a bit and was pretty quiet according to a friend who was his classmate. He works out at 24hr fitness here when he is in town and a few of my friends have seen him and said he is a pretty humble guy. People in Hawaii love the Rock but I don't think he lived in the same hood as OP.

LOL I just find it funny how 94 block aka Waipahu and KTown and Downtown made it on canesinsight.

Advertisement
Back