Full 2017 Schedule

Advertisement
Setting up excuses concerning the Pitt game because of weather is just about the softest thing you'll ever read on this board. 20 year old men running around in 20-40 degree weather playing ******* football is not going to miraculously turn the Pitt players into New England or our players into frozen pvssies. Expect the same beatdown from this season against Pitt next season too.

As usual, aside from FSU, we have double the talent compared to any team we face next year.

Looking at our Competiton for the ACC Coastal:

Pitt -They play UNC, VT, Miami back to back their last 3 games. That's rough. But they don't have to play Clemson, FSU, or Louisville.
VT - UNC, Miami, Pitt games are spaced out. But they have to play Clemson
UNC - They play VT, Miami, Pitt back to back with a Bye between Miami & Pitt. They play Louisville.
GT - Brutal schedule. Outside of the Coastal they play Tennessee, UCF, Clemson & Georgia

On paper - I'd say Pitt has the easiest path to the Coastal. Miami @Pitt the last game of the season could be huge.

Pitt -They play UNC, VT, Miami back to back their last 3 games. That's rough. But they don't have to play Clemson, FSU, or Louisville.
UNC - They play VT, Miami, Pitt back to back with a Bye between Miami & Pitt. They play Louisville.
GT - Brutal schedule. Outside of the Coastal they play Tennessee, UCF, Clemson & Georgia

On paper - I'd say Pitt has the easiest path to the Coastal. Miami @Pitt the last game of the season could be huge.

Dude Pitt is going to blow next year. They lose EVERYONE on offense, including their OC that Richt should've sold a kidney for.

Advertisement

Dude Pitt is going to blow next year. They lose EVERYONE on offense, including their OC that Richt should've sold a kidney for.

I'm just saying Pitt's schedule looks the easiest, not that they should be the favorite. I think Miami is the clear favorite in the Coastal. But not having to play FSU, Clemson, or Louisville is a definite schedule advantage for Pitt.

Only 3 October games?! 9 - 3 is a real possibility!

But the FSU game is an automatic loss, so 8 - 4 is more realistic.

9-3 sounds about right...maybe with a little luck and improvement to O-line 10-2 could happen...Just don't take steps backwards, ala Alphonse...

All you guys making predictions and definitive statements when we don't even have a clue as to who our QB will be.. Come on, man. Yes, we will have the talent to get it done just about everywhere else (oline and secondary are also somewhat of a question mark), but anyone who truly follows CFB has seen just how easily a bad QB can totally nullify the rest of the offensive talent. Not to mention your D won't stand much of a chance if your offense shyts the bed for 60 minutes.

Still, with the guys we will have competing for the spot, I see a 10 win regular season being very easily attainable. However, it's simply foolish to pretend to be so sure of things when we are nowhere near having a QB solidified. Week 3 in Tally breaking in a fresh starter.. As intensely as we NEED to end that streak, that one is going to be beyond tough. Our defense will keep us in the game, but whoever starts will have to be **** near lights out for us to pull it out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Always nice to have extra time to prepare for the triple option.. and heal from those cut blocks. Outside of FSU early, no complaints. (although 3 games not on Saturday is a bit much) Free weekends though!

Advertisement
I like this schedule. Every game except FSU is winnable. We should finish with a really strong record

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back