Fuentes Staying at VaTech

hoops156

Senior
VT fans aren't happy with him so they were kinda happy to see him gone. he was dirty in that he finalized his entire coaching staff and then decided to interview

ddun1eavy2

Recruit
Seems like interviewing for a position is like a marriage proposal. You better know the answer before you ask because if it doesnt go your way it's hard to go back to how it was.

"I interviewed at Baylor but I really want to be here at VT. I promise you that I'll be here all four years that your son is a student-athlete. :mmkay:"

frankthetank14

Redshirt Freshman
I wanted Fuente gone because if Fuente leaves, and VT doesn't get Bud Foster out of retirement, they would probably go after Todd Grantham (DC for Florida) who went there. He would likely bring Torrian Gray as his DC (Gray is the CBs coach and VT alum) and/or Christian Robinson (Gators best recruiter and LBs coach).

MedleyCane

Senior
Bud Foster did this to VT all the time. Heck, even their hometown boy Beamer pulled the same stunt when he threatened to take the UNC gig and on every occasion VT gave them raises...VT is like that fat ugly girl who does whatever she has to do to keep her man.

caneholic88

Recruit
Good, he’s meh and got them going nowhere..if you thought usc’s or our recruiting is bad take a look at the steaming pile of turd va tech’s class looks like..

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Al Golden was turned down by PSU, not the other way around.

He would have left Miami for PSU if they had offered him.
You're seeing reports that Tito Fuente turned down Baylor? I'm seeing the opposite.

Of course, Alfredo would've bolted.