FSU's Double Pass?

Above picture doesn’t show where QB threw from. If you stop the play at point of ball release when QB throws, and stop again at point where WR catches pass, the WR is clearly about a foot, maybe six inches ahead of point where QB threw. Use field white line when you stop each play to determine point of throw and catch.

CONCLUSION: ball was clearly caught water as a forward pass. Illegal 2nd pass. CALL CONFIRMED!

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. It was the correct call.

No TD.

STFU FSU punk losers.

FSU was gifted a PR TD, the returner stepped out of bounds. Never mind the fact that it should have come back to begin with, there were MULTIPLE egregious holds on that play. I don't want to hear any BS whining about getting calls, they were ahead 27-7 and STILL LOST. That's not refs helping, that's you being pure crap.

Advertisement
They should be ****ed at their head corch for a poor play design. Frenchy should have been closer the center on the snap or the slot should have been set back further. You only get one shot at the play and you have to make sure you leave no doubt. He needs to look up #trickplaysfordummies

This shhhh is sweeter than that 85 lateral v Duke and all the crying that followed. Bich we lost a title on bull$h!t call. We need 20 more of these v a terrible FSU team to make up 1/10 of that. You know we here complaining about this ugly looking win and they back in their trailers crying about how close they came, they could feel it at AF. Those disrespectful fools. All streaks v FSU is over. Time to end Clemson.

Advertisement
The play killed us bc it was an illegal forward pass???... oh we shouldve spent time game planning on how to defend an illegal play? lol

We got lucky it was an illegal play. Bandy didn’t get fooled thinking oh that was a forward pass I’m going to tackle that guy now. FSU is just poorly coached.

The play killed us bc it was an illegal forward pass???... oh we shouldve spent time game planning on how to defend an illegal play? lol
It was illegal by a few inches, the play wasn’t executed correctly but it 100% caught us off guard.

Advertisement
It was a forward pass. No question. Quit feeding into this horse ****. The refs blew 3 or 4 huge calls in THEIR favor, and, on top of that, if they scored on that illegal forward pass, we still would have marched down and won.

They took Wiggins' TD away. Didn't even review it. They took Homer's catch away. They blew the fumble call on French. Looks like Matthews stepped out on the punt return. List goes on.

It was a forward pass. No question. Quit feeding into this horse ****. The refs blew 3 or 4 huge calls in THEIR favor, and, on top of that, if they scored on that illegal forward pass, we still would have marched down and won.

They took Wiggins' TD away. Didn't even review it. They took Homer's catch away. They blew the fumble call on French. Looks like Matthews stepped out on the punt return. List goes on.
And a ton of holding calls.

Advertisement
do people realize we scored after the wiggins TD no call so we still got a TD? How would we cover the spread if they made the proper call and gave the TD to wiggins, that negates the cager slant TD.... people are dumb i swear.

It was not behind the line and when he releases the ball he actually stepped past where he originally caught it.

And blatant blocks in the back on every return. They were holding on every pass play.
Yep there was, our kick coverage was driving me insane though. People kept saying that our coverage was just surprised they weren’t shanking them and I took it as a joke, but after rewatching the game our guys really do look confused once they get down there lol.

Advertisement
How anybody can be so decisive on this is baffling. There are no clear angles of it anyhow. Even with the lack on video evidence it looks like Matthew's is jumping backward a bit to sell it which leads me to believe he felt it was forward. Also, there isn't enough evidence to overturn it so the initial call would stand. Clearly the ref with the best view didn't think it was up for debate. This is just sour grapes at it's finest. But, I'll be nice and give them that TD in place of calling back the punt return when he clearly stepped out of bounds not once, but twice.

The NCAA rule book defines a pass as either "backwards" or "forward" there is no parallel. The rule also says that only where a pass is backward may it thereafter be thrown forward. Thus, unless it is backward, a subsequent forward pass is illegal. To be fair here, I think this was close but not clearly backward. The WR moved backward as he caught the ball making it look closer than it was.

This explanation makes sense. Since it was parallel to the line it could not be a backward pass. and if the ball has to be going backwards from the line in order for it to be legal, then the call was the correct one.

I didn't even know this was a point of contention. The refs reviewed the call and upheld it. All the postgame high light shows agreed with the call. I didn't get to see the actual replay at the game but after seeing it on TV it's clearly a forward pass. I think this is just sour grapes from FSU staff and fans.

First, it’s not “clearly” a forward pass. What it clearly is is a perfect lateral pass. The problem is the misunderstanding on their part. They think “not forward” is ok, whereas the rules say “not backward” is not ok.

You’re right that they have nothing to come lain about here.

Advertisement
Back