FSUs best OL with 2nd straight missed practice

Landon ****erson was not out at practice for FSU again today. Missed yesterday as well.

I really can't overstate how important he is for them. They don't have a good OL even with him in the lineup and healthy, but without him it's seriously an unmitigated disaster. I honestly think you can make an argument that he is the most important player on the entire team right now.

He played the first half against VT Week 1, and their offense was not good, but it wasn't the clown show its been. He got hurt around halftime, they did nothing in the 2nd half, and he missed all of the Samford, Cuse, and Northern Illinois games. We all know how those went.

He came back for Louisville last week, and it was the first game all year FSU gave up 0 sacks (although we know UL blows).

So the bottom line, it's not that this kid is great, it's more that they literally have no one that's even remotely playable to back him up. In practice, they had Abdul Bello playing RT today. When I tell you Jon Garvin will own that kid's soul.....my lord.

So keep an eye out for ****erson. I'd say at this point, after 2 missed practices, at best he's wounded on Saturday. At worst he doesn't play, and if he doesn't FSU has no shot in the world to move the ball consistently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU's OL was below average last year.

If their top guy isn't playing, they're going to have problems with our DL - probably would anyway.

Advertisement
He’s not good is always hurt.
I dont Care if they gave up 0 sacks or not vs Louisville. Louisville don’t have the talent or playmakers up front to cause havoc like we do so it doesn’t really matter

He had a rough game against UL last week too even though he didn't give up any sacks. Had a lot of penalties. That said, I agree, one down OL and that can mess up your whole rotation. They are horrible as is.

Flashback to that VT tackle that got hurt and them having some slow gigantic oaf take his place.

They're screwed without ****erson and Kelly but I have a hunch both will play.

Advertisement
WTF.....:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

"FSU offensive line coach Greg Frey was exasperated with his unit during one of the drills where he was trying to explain a difference between pass blocking and run blocking. "

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...y-landon-****erson-willie-taggart/1508164002/

What is his injury?

Ankle. Hurt it against VT and missed 3 weeks and they're saying he was more sore than expected coming out of the Louisville game.

I expect he'll play, but when you have the worst OL in the country and your best piece misses 2 practices when you're preparing to face by far the best DL you've played thus far, it's less than ideal.

He’s not good is always hurt.
I dont Care if they gave up 0 sacks or not vs Louisville. Louisville don’t have the talent or playmakers up front to cause havoc like we do so it doesn’t really matter

Never said he was good. I said he's the best OL they have and the biggest key to their team. Both things are true. Without him they have to play kids who belong at FIU and I'm not making a joke. The backups they have simply do not belong at FSU.

Advertisement
They're screwed without ****erson and Kelly but I have a hunch both will play.

Kelly did not line up with the 1st or 2nd team OLs today. It's his first day in pads in the last few weeks. Taggart said he's "optimistic" both will play, but I have a much better feeling on ****erson than Kelly. Either way, neither kid will be 100% even if they do play.

And as much as I've been *****ing about this not being a night game, having it at 3:30 might work out in our favor in this regard. You've got O-Linemen who are nursing injuries and can't practice. You're telling me Landon ****erson, on a gimpy ankle, is gonna be remotely close to game shape after only playing 1 game in the last month and not being able to practice? And he's got an ankle injury, so he can't be anywhere close to conditioned. He's going to be absolutely dying in the 4th quarter in that heat.

Ankle. Hurt it against VT and missed 3 weeks and they're saying he was more sore than expected coming out of the Louisville game.

I expect he'll play, but when you have the worst OL in the country and your best piece misses 2 practices when you're preparing to face by far the best DL you've played thus far, it's less than ideal.
His ankles stay hurt lol, didn’t he have an ankle injury last year when we played them? Lol

WTF.....:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

"FSU offensive line coach Greg Frey was exasperated with his unit during one of the drills where he was trying to explain a difference between pass blocking and run blocking. "

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...y-landon-****erson-willie-taggart/1508164002/
amazing how open their practices are. frankly i like the idea of closed practices. who wants all that intel leaking out there?

They are saying both ****erson and Kelly will play. If they do, they are not anywhere near 100% which will hurt them more than help. Williams still in a blue jersey and Bello with a wrap still. So 3 o linemen who are starters are not 100%.

Advertisement
Back