Fsu...

Who cares how highly rated their CBs were coming out of HS. You wanna trade our guys for theirs? They had the 2nd to worst pass defense in the ACC last season and ranked 119th nationally against the pass. We had a top 25 pass defense with four new starters.

Didn't we have one of the worst defenses under Golden and then made massive moves up statistically following year with Diaz with a majority of the same players?

Just checking

Advertisement
Wait I never said our coaches understand our players. To me it doesn't matter if you white black Hispanic if you cant understand your players your a sheep about to get eaten by wolves. Your rebuttal doesn't make any sense bc Yes we did have A black coach on our staff who was able to recruit and have a good run but fell short and was never given a chance to prove himself. Just like Taggart I don't think he was given enough time to really put it together. If you don't know your players you will lose your players period.
Please God tell me your not talking about Shannon??

Advertisement
What was wrong with RANDY Shannon? I think he had so much to clean up it was just a mess.
His recruiting was trash...That so-called #1 08/09 class was severely overrated...Too Top heavy with LBers...not to mention ****ing off every HS in S Fl not named Booker T or MNW.....Bama actually had the #1 class as they proved....

What does never receiving another HC offer tell you
He did get other coaching jobs as a def coordinator so that a plus but he should get another chance some where. How may other coaches had issues and problems and got back to the top? Look at lane Kiffin

Advertisement
His recruiting was trash...That so-called #1 08/09 class was severely overrated...Too Top heavy with LBers...not to mention ****ing off every HS in S Fl not named Booker T or MNW.....Bama actually had the #1 class as they proved....
How did he **** them off again?

Yet still out recruiting us at CB
Yet our cbs have outplayed theirs significantly over the last few years no matter who they get . Most of them be busts let’s be real about the situation here. Plus we have signed what 9 cbs in the last 4 classes? All but 2 of them were 4 star recruits. People going overboard with scrutinizing the cb recruiting when he have recruited several positions worse in that same time frame but it is what it is at the end of the day

Yet our cbs have outplayed theirs significantly over the last few years no matter who they get . Most of them be busts let’s be real about the situation here. Plus we have signed what 9 cbs in the last 4 classes? All but 2 of them were 4 star recruits. People going overboard with scrutinizing the cb recruiting when he have recruited several positions worse in that same time frame but it is what it is at the end of the day

Our CBs have?

Outside of Blades what have our current CBs done?

Imagine our CBs without the massive amounts of pressure we generate

@Liberty City El tell me you don't take FSU CB room over ours

Advertisement
How did he **** them off again?
By not paying attention to any of their kids at all....No talks with coaches either...All he cared about was Booker T and MNW.....Golden had to come in and clean up the mess Onion left in ref to snubs of the other schools...

Advertisement
Our CBs have?

Outside of Blades what have our current CBs done?

Imagine our CBs without the massive amounts of pressure we generate

@Liberty City El tell me you don't take FSU CB room over ours
Not all of'em.

I'd take Demorie Tate from the 2020 class & from the 21 class I'd take Omarion Cooper & Hunter Washington.

Asante Samuel Jr & Jarvis Brownlee were two kids we could've used for depth but depending on how Couch performs it might not matter if he lives up to the billing, but Akeem Dent & the rest are overrated & slow.

It's not a one is better than the other thing, it's case by case, player by player.

I like our 3 of Blades, Williams & Couch, I also like Clarke's potential, but I'd still take a kid like Demorie Tate everyday of week.

What was wrong with RANDY Shannon? I think he had so much to clean up it was just a mess.
I remember thinking there was plenty wrong with Randy. The four coached who have followed have made me question that. At least Randy recruited speed and did hire the best Oline coach we have had in years, indeed he was probable best assistant coach since Butch's staff. Not sure Randy was in any way big enough for Miami but none who followed were either. I was in the Horseshoe in Columbus when we scored put return and Kickoff on them. Crowd was in disbelief. It was Randy's moment and, like Mark in 2017 and Golden in Tally at 7-0, he was not big enough for it. Too bad. You have to win those games when the chance is there to coach at Miami. We had to beat FSU in Tally to get to that first NC game and Howard was big enough to win with last second field goal, something that Bobby never figured out. I always like Onion so I give him a pass and say he just needed more time.

I remember thinking there was plenty wrong with Randy. The four coached who have followed have made me question that. At least Randy recruited speed and did hire the best Oline coach we have had in years, indeed he was probable best assistant coach since Butch's staff. Not sure Randy was in any way big enough for Miami but none who followed were either. I was in the Horseshoe in Columbus when we scored put return and Kickoff on them. Crowd was in disbelief. It was Randy's moment and, like Mark in 2017 and Golden in Tally at 7-0, he was not big enough for it. Too bad. You have to win those games when the chance is there to coach at Miami. We had to beat FSU in Tally to get to that first NC game and Howard was big enough to win with last second field goal, something that Bobby never figured out. I always like Onion so I give him a pass and say he just needed more time.

Randy ran off Willie Williams as DC and Arthur Brown as HC

Advertisement
Back