FSU vs Bama 2017 Week 1?

A strong ACC is good for Miami. Helps with recruiting.

I'm pulling for Clemson on Monday, and will hope FSU beats Bama next year.
I'm sorry man, but that is 100% untrue...

The ONLY thing that helps Miami with recruiting is US winning...

This idea that other teams winning in the ACC somehow helps us on the recruiting trail is simply a false narrative.

There is not one 4/5-star recruit that sees FSU, Clemson, Louisville & UNC win big games & thinks to himself "If Clemson wins a Natty ima **** around & commit to Miami!".

What will help us the most in recruiting (besides upgrading the bagmen), is finally winning the Coastal & making it to the ACC title game.

Why do you think that's even a narrative? Why are Georgia, Auburn, TAMU, Tennessee, and South Carolina all ahead of us when we had a better season than each of them?
Bama winning National titles doesn't help Auburn, TAMU or Tenn in recruiting..

Those teams get shellacked by Bama every year, recruits aren't looking at those schools as a destination place because they get the luxury grand prize of getting beat by Bama.

There's no such thing as Conferece recruiting, it's every program for himself...

There's a reason why Clemson & FSU have top 5-10 ranked classes every year even when the ACC has been weak as a conference in the past.
It's pretty **** simple... They win big games consistently & pay recruits just like every other major program does.

If you were answering my question, I must've missed it. Are you saying that South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, TAMU and Auburn consistently win big games, or were you referring to FSU and Clemson? Or were you just saying that they all pay recruits and we don't?

Advertisement

This idea that other teams winning in the ACC somehow helps us on the recruiting trail is simply a false narrative.

There is not one 4/5-star recruit that sees FSU, Clemson, Louisville & UNC win big games & thinks to himself "If Clemson wins a Natty ima **** around & commit to Miami!".

What will help us the most in recruiting (besides upgrading the bagmen), is finally winning the Coastal & making it to the ACC title game.

Why do you think that's even a narrative? Why are Georgia, Auburn, TAMU, Tennessee, and South Carolina all ahead of us when we had a better season than each of them?

Those teams get shellacked by Bama every year, recruits aren't looking at those schools as a destination place because they get the luxury grand prize of getting beat by Bama.

There's no such thing as Conferece recruiting, it's every program for himself...

There's a reason why Clemson & FSU have top 5-10 ranked classes every year even when the ACC has been weak as a conference in the past.
It's pretty **** simple... They win big games consistently & pay recruits just like every other major program does.

If you were answering my question, I must've missed it. Are you saying that South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, TAMU and Auburn consistently win big games, or were you referring to FSU and Clemson? Or were you just saying that they all pay recruits and we don't?
Does South Car have annual top 10 classes like FSU or Clemson?

No, so how do they land big recruits? Two reasons: 1) Money & 2) Region... South Cack is a recruiting ground that has lots of talent, Clemson & UGA get a lot of their players from their from there as well...

This also applies to UGA, Auburn & Tenn... They're located in areas that produce high quality talent, combine that with programs that have dedicated boosters willing to spend at all costs & that results in landed big time recruits.

TAMU is in Texas, the 2nd most abundant recruiting ground in the nation aside from Florida...
They have boosters with deep pockets & pay top dollar for the best recruits in state. In Texas football is religion & programs like TAMU, Texas, Oklahoma & Baylor are cults.

The Big XII has missed the playoffs twice & got destroyed by Clemson the one time they did make it.
But yet, Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St & Baylor have good classes every year, because of their recruiting base in their region & their programs spend the money.

How specifically does FSU, Clemson & Louisville, winning help us in recruiting?

It may help us with rankings & the overall perception of the conference, but that's an overstated point, because the ACC isn't looked at like a weak conference in the eyes of recruits.

All I'm saying is, Miami winning helps Miami on the recruiting trail... FSU winning helps FSU, Clemson winning helps Clemson etc...

No, so how do they land big recruits? Two reasons: 1) Money & 2) Region... South Cack is a recruiting ground that has lots of talent, Clemson & UGA get a lot of their players from their from there as well...

This also applies to UGA, Auburn & Tenn... They're located in areas that produce high quality talent, combine that with programs that have dedicated boosters willing to spend at all costs & that results in landed big time recruits.

TAMU is in Texas, the 2nd most abundant recruiting ground in the nation aside from Florida...
They have boosters with deep pockets & pay top dollar for the best recruits in state. In Texas football is religion & programs like TAMU, Texas, Oklahoma & Baylor are cults.

The Big XII has missed the playoffs twice & got destroyed by Clemson the one time they did make it.
But yet, Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St & Baylor have good classes every year, because of their recruiting base in their region & their programs spend the money.

It may help us with rankings & the overall perception of the conference, but that's an overstated point, because the ACC isn't looked at like a weak conference in the eyes of recruits.

All I'm saying is, Miami winning helps Miami on the recruiting trail... FSU winning helps FSU, Clemson winning helps Clemson etc...

Did you really just suggest region as a reason why those teams are out-recruiting us? Just say money, man. It's something far less infallible.

Did you really just suggest region as a reason why those teams are out-recruiting us? Just say money, man. It's something far less infallible.
No, I said the reason why they get top talent recruits is because a lot of their prospects are local.

The #1 DE for 2018 is from SC, his top two schools are Clemson & South Car...
I didn't say they have better talent than Florida, the point was the region in which they play produces a lot of talent & because they pay they get top recruits.

Florida isn't the same as other places in the Deep South, there's no loyalty in Florida, there's no local pressure to stay home like it is for those other schools, so it's not that difficult to see its easier for those programs to land big local recruits if they pay.

We don't drop bags like that, so we have a much higher hill to climb to keep kids home, the conference we play in has nothing to do with it.

Advertisement

No, I said the reason why they get top talent recruits is because a lot of their prospects are local.

The #1 DE for 2018 is from SC, his top two schools are Clemson & South Car...
I didn't say they have better talent than Florida, the point was the region in which they play produces a lot of talent & because they pay they get top recruits.

Florida isn't the same as other places in the Deep South, there's no loyalty in Florida, there's no local pressure to stay home like it is for those other schools, so it's not that difficult to see its easier for those programs to land big local recruits if they pay.

We don't drop bags like that, so we have a much higher hill to climb to keep kids home, the conference we play in has nothing to do with it.

I understand your argument. Other schools pay, we don't. There's local pressure in South Carolina because no one consistently recruits South Carolina prospects. Every school in the country is down in South Florida every year.

Bingo.

Roll
Tide!!

If f$u beats bama, who is likely to be ranked no less than 2 next year, and MIAMI beats f$u, that is a quality win for MIAMI. I question anyone that can't put their hate aside, since an f$u victory obviously helps MIAMI.

I will never , let me repeat NEVER root for a bitter rival. Just like UF, i'll never root for them. **** the Acc, where fsu is ranked etc. fsu and UF are also our main competition for croots.

Fsu, UF , Osu and ND can all choke on ****s. If Miami wins all their games business will be taken care of. Just that simple.

Just like when some of the es on here actually cheered for fsu in the chip 3 years ago. "I want the acc to look good" or "I'm tired of the sec winning, boo hoo" or the best one of all "I'm cheering for the state of florida". People who cheer for rivals were never fans in the beginning.... Punk es

Preach.

These are the type of soft dudes that catch their old lady getting two cacks at once and say" she messed up , but she still loves me ".

If Miami wins out they'll be in the big game, it's just that simple. I don't need to sit around and root for my conference , or rival to back door into the playoff.

Clemson lost to Pitt and should've loss a couple more games and still got in

I think it boils down to how psycho of a fan are you? If you are the crazy guy that sits alone at games and yells at the team after every other play then you want our ACC rivals to lose even if a strong conf benefits us.

If f$u beats bama, who is likely to be ranked no less than 2 next year, and MIAMI beats f$u, that is a quality win for MIAMI. I question anyone that can't put their hate aside, since an f$u victory obviously helps MIAMI.

I will never , let me repeat NEVER root for a bitter rival. Just like UF, i'll never root for them. **** the Acc, where fsu is ranked etc. fsu and UF are also our main competition for croots.

Fsu, UF , Osu and ND can all choke on ****s. If Miami wins all their games business will be taken care of. Just that simple.

Just like when some of the es on here actually cheered for fsu in the chip 3 years ago. "I want the acc to look good" or "I'm tired of the sec winning, boo hoo" or the best one of all "I'm cheering for the state of florida". People who cheer for rivals were never fans in the beginning.... Punk es

Preach.

These are the type of soft dudes that catch their old lady getting two cacks at once and say" she messed up , but she still loves me ".

If Miami wins out they'll be in the big game, it's just that simple. I don't need to sit around and root for my conference , or rival to back door into the playoff.

I think it boils down to how psycho of a fan are you? If you are the crazy guy that sits alone at games and yells at the team after every other play then you want our ACC rivals to lose even if a strong conf benefits us.

LOL. There was some fat chick behind us at the RAB screaming about the playcalling when we were up 31-14. I think that was Cribby or one of her ilk.

Advertisement
Bingo.

Roll
Tide!!

Bandwagon fans that make comments like that are aggravating. I have been a fan for 53 years and if I cheer for FSU to beat Bama that is my perogative as they have never ducked us in any sport and we both have gators as MORTAL enemy. I can tell by your posts that you don't have a clue about much of Miami history.

Since u just said you cheer for fsu, your comment means ****.... Fake *** fan

Preach.

LOL. There was some fat chick behind us at the RAB screaming about the playcalling when we were up 31-14. I think that was Cribby or one of her ilk.

Were they wearing fsu stuff with a belly ring? If so it was probably hugh honey. You know a dude with honey in his name gotta have a belly ring

Last edited:
Advertisement
I want FSU to win dat one fo da ACC.

You sound like @SFbayCane.

If you're a Canes fan, To think otherwise is foolish.

Step 1: FSU beats Bama

Step 2: Canes beat FSU

Step 3: Canes out-recruit Bama and FSU for all recruits in the state of Miami.

Step 4: Profit. :)-

No thanks. But feel free to root for our rivals. I bet osu roots for Mich too.

I know Aub and Ala would never root for the other, even its a national title game . But then again we're talking about Miami fans lol

For me, this is a circular argument. So, I don't really know how the question ever gets answered.

But in my opinion, Miami needs talent to win at the highest level. And while being a winning program certainly helps with recruiting more than almost anything else, Miami hasn't been a winning program.

Kids TODAY value the SEC. They see it as 1 step below the NFL. The adults on this board can argue the validity of that, but that's how MANY recruits view that conference.

The sales pitch goes like this:

"You play in the SEC, you play against the best of the best. You get film that validates your ability to play at the highest level EVERY week in the conference games. And if your team wins the SEC, you'll definitely get into the playoffs. ****, the playoffs will probably take an SEC team with 1 loss over conference champs form other P5 with 1 or none."

And the proof is this ... And undefeated FSU team didn't even get the top seed in the 1st playoffs over a 1-loss Bama. While some of y'all thought that was great, and Oregon proved FSU was weak, that was bad for conference recruiting.

Kids want to (1) play for marquee programs and win championships, first. If they can't do that, they want to (2) compete on teams that play the best comp to develop their film for the NFL. And the next evaluation tool is (3) going someplace that thinks you're the stuff, and will give you every opportunity to shine.

Miami can offer the 2nd and 3rd things ... but a weak ACC, combined with our past decade, doesn't allow us to offer the first.

And it's likely, the ACC will start getting more pub as a conference before Miami starts getting pub as a marquee program, again.

We're still not even certain will finish THIS season ranked in the Top 25. And without Kaaya, we may not start next season ranked, either.

This program needs every advantage to get the ship back on track. And being able to sell the strength of the conference is something the coaches absolutely want to do.

Anybody remember when Dabo threw up "the U" and sang our praises after Golden beat that bad Florida team? It wasn't because he "liked" us. It was because it was good for the conference, and silencing the SEC football praise.

Last edited:

Preach.

Were they wearing fsu stuff with a belly ring? If so it was probably hugh honey. You know a dude with honey in his name gotta have a belly ring

My name is from It's always sunny in Philadelphia. Not that I'd expect a fat woman like you who sits around all day watching Duck Dynasty and Maury Povich to understand.

Advertisement
For me, this is a circular argument. So, I don't really know how the question ever gets answered.

But in my opinion, Miami needs talent to win at the highest level. And while being a winning program certainly helps with recruiting more than almost anything else, Miami hasn't been a winning program.

Kids TODAY value the SEC. They see it as 1 step below the NFL. The adults on this board can argue the validity of that, but that's how MANY recruits view that conference.

The sales pitch goes like this:

You play in the SEC, you play against the best of the best. You get film that validates your ability to play at the highest level EVERY week in the conference games. And if your team wins the SEC, you'll definitely get into the playoffs. ****, the playoffs will probably take an SEC team with 1 loss over conference champs form other P5 with 1 or none.

And the proof is this ... And undefeated FSU team didn't even get the top seed in the 1st playoffs over a 1-loss Bama. While some of y'all thought that was great, and Oregon prove FSU was weak, that was bad for conference recruiting.

Kids want to play for marquee programs and win championships, first. If they can't do that, they want to compete on teams that play the. Eat comp to develop their film for the NFL. And the next evaluation tool is going someplace that thinks you're the stuff, and will give you every opportunity to shine.

Miami can offer the 2nd and 3rd things ... but a weak ACC, combined with our past decade, doesn't allow us to offer the first.

And it's likely, the ACC will start getting more pub as a conference before Miami starts getting pub as a marquee program, again.

We're still not even certain will finish THIS season ranked in the Top 25. And without Kaaya, we may not start next season ranked, either.

This program needs every advantage to get the ship back on track. And being able to sell the strength of the conference is something the coaches absolutely want to do.

Anybody remember when Dabo threw up "the U" and sang our praises after Golden beat that bad Florida team. It wasn't because he "liked" us. It was because it was good for the conference, and the silencing the SEC football praise.

Well said.

I hope F$U losses every game. We can make up our strength of schedule elsewhere. I get strength from their misery

Where would you make it up at and what teams will help?

What do we need a strong schedule for? We need to win the **** ACC. FSU losing as many games as possible is positive for us. Playoffs ain't happening next year

No one said we don't need to win our conference! How does FSU losing all their games a positive for us playing in another division?

Recruits are not picking programs to play for based on the conference.

There is no such thing as Conference recruiting... It's every program for itself.

The reason why the SEC gets a lot top recruits is because they pay for top level recruits & the majority of the best players in the country are in the South.

The argument you guys are making applies more to strength of schedule & potential committee rankings...

Recruits do not see the ACC as a weak conference, they don't even care about that, it's about individual programs.

Bama winning National titles has NOT helped any other program than Bama when it comes to recruiting.

Again, this one is very easy fellas... For recruiting, Clemson & FSU winning Natty's does NOT help us.

You all are extrapolating the transitive property argument for Strength of schedule into recruiting & they have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

If FSU beats Bama in 2017, that helps FSU on the recruiting trail.
If we beat FSU that helps us on the recruiting trail & helps us in rankings...
If we lose to FSU (for 8 in a row) after FSU has beat Bama earlier in the year, take a wild guess who that helps?? Exactly...

There isn't a 4/5-star recruit in the country that will be impressed with Miami because FSU beat Bama Lol...
They will be impressed if WE win.

Advertisement
Back