FSU v Miami Prediction Thread

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
2 years ago, in Miami, we were down by 7 with about 3 minutes to go. The writing was on the wall, we would lose yet again. However, we stopped FSU deep in their territory forcing them to punt the ball to Braxton Berrios, who ran the ball back to the FSU 15. The drive was sputtering but on fourth down Stacy Coley came up big again as he always did against FSU. He caught a perfect pass from Kaaya to seemingly tie the game up. The extra point, however, was blocked and we lost the game by a point. We were one point away from OT and possible victory.

Last year, it looked ominous again, FSU scored with a few minutes left leaving Miami again in a position to have to mount a forth quarter comeback. In that final drive, Homer, Rosier, Langham and Berrios elevated themselves to the UM pantheon (with great playcalling from CMR) and Miami pulled out a 4 point victory.

This year, the momentum, talent and coaching are on our side. We win 41 -17 in a hard fought battle and pull away at the end of the third quarter/early fourth quarter. We wear them down and humiliate them.

Go Canes

Advertisement
The U - 47
FSWho - 20

Late garbage time score against our 3rd stringers.

Advertisement
In 2010 Miami hosted FSU and i think as a favorite, that night we played like we never in our lives seen an option despite facing GT every season under Paul Johnson. Christian Ponder ran for over 140 yards and we got smashed 45-17.
Randy Shannon was fired later in that season. That was a real signal that FSU rising in recruits eyes and we were on the way down.

This game will be a reverse of that. This will not be a close game. FSU cannont run the ball, and they can't protect the passer, dont be fooled by that Louisville game where they gave up no sacks. Louisville has 6 sacks in 5 games. Syracuse and VT have the real pass rush FSU has faced. They were destroyed. We can run the ball, if we didn't get taken out of the gameplan so early v LSU we could have gained more than 83 yards. I also haven't seen Perry attempt a single deep ball in the games he played. Normally i don't buy into coaches hiding offense but Rosier threw alot of deep post routes and 9 routes. I think this is something being saved for this game because Perry is elite at going deep. And those deep post were butt naked for Louisville.

45-17 Canes, we won last year in a close battle, this game leaves no doubt where the power lies now.

27-10. Still question marks at QB. Like N'kosi, but as the saying goes; big time players, make big time plays in big time games.

I really think our success will be dependant on establishing the running game to make it easy on our newly minted starter.

As for our defense, its real simple. Stop Cam Akers, protect the middle of the field. Force Frenchie to throw screen passes (which our DBs are good enough to stop), and force it to throw it deep into tight coverage.

Frankly, we should be rushing four and occasionally five. No need to get cute. Our front four should give Frenchie plenty of trouble. FSU's oline is bad enough where we should get pressure with four, and overwhelm them with 5.

I'd like to see Nesta rush along with Willis on the same side.

27-10 Miami.

Advertisement
If the team is focused and prepared, we should roll with ease on the Semenholes. I think Richt will have them ready to go I. Front of a raucous 95% Miami crowd. I think FSU will stack the box, wanting to force Perry to win the game. And look for them to blitz more than normal to try and rattle N’Kosi. Somehow I don’t think it’s going to matter. Perry will hit JT deep at least twice in the game, with 1 resulting in a TD. That will soften up their run defense, spreading them out for Homer, Dallas, and Lingard to gash them for long gains. I think a combo of either Homer or Dallas will have 2-3 TD’s between them. Also think besides the long ball to Thomas that Perry will throw 1 more and run another in for a TD, giving him 3 for the game. And the defense will get into the scoring frenzy scoring their own TD off of 3 TO chain appearances. Give me the Canes beating the spread, 45-17.

Advertisement
Think I still have PTSD from the Golden era. Don’t think FSU is any good but for some reason they will play like a top 25 team on Saturday. Think Canes win a low scoring game but I don’t think they cover the -13 spread. I’ll go 24-13 canes.

Advertisement
42 - 10 Canes if we stop them on their first drive and score on our first one.

If we give them hope the first couple of drives it will be a grind with us winning a low scoring game 17 -14

I'm suffering from extreme HOMERISM and as I said before, I'd like this game to be so far out of reach for FSU that we see Malik in mop-up duty.
50-9 Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back