FSU v Clemson

Advertisement
I think FSU wins and I hope they crush Clemson. The higher FSU is ranked when we beat them, the better it is for our national championship aspirations.

I'd rather beat a 1 loss FSU in week 10 and an undefeated Clemson in the ACC Title Game. Throw in a top 15 Virginia Tech along the way too.

That would work too. I still want to play FSU with them being ranked 3 or 4.

Good for us either way, as long as we win out. I don't think an undefeated Cane team can be kept out of last BCS NC game. TV ratings would be too much to ignore.

It's bad luck that Clemson have arrived a year too late. If it was Manuel coming to town they would win...arriving a year late means they are now just a nice antagonist to show Winston is worthy of the crown that will be resting on his head after this game.

Although I think some will hold out for the Florida game, as that is actually a real defense that give every QB no matter how talented significant trouble.

I think FSU and Clemson having a very close game so that the loser wouldnt drop far, would be the best scenario. I think Clemson winning would help us the most in the long run (if we stayed undefeated)

lets say LSU knocks off alabama, Clemson beating FSU would jump in top 2 before seasons end.

then we beat FSU, and then beat a top 2 Clemson team in the acc championship game, if we are undefeated, no way we don't make it to the national championship game

however, that is a LONG way to go, and seeing Florida get manhandled today lets us know our team has a LOT of work to do before even thinking about a national championship appearance

Seeing FL get manhandled today? LSU beat UF 17-6. Miami was up 21-9 until that stupid prevent defense gave up a quick 7 points. Miami would give LSU all they could handle.

I am certainly not diminishing our win over UF, as it was our biggest victory by far in several years, for a multitude of reasons.

But the notable difference between us and LSU, is that they jammed the ball down the gators' throat. It was very impressive. Clearly, the loss of Easely is enormous, but it does not explain everything. Our persistent deficiency in getting tough yards is the thing I think that we need to work on the most, bc you really want that to be a strength in the big games, particularly on the road.

I think FSU and Clemson having a very close game so that the loser wouldnt drop far, would be the best scenario. I think Clemson winning would help us the most in the long run (if we stayed undefeated)

lets say LSU knocks off alabama, Clemson beating FSU would jump in top 2 before seasons end.

then we beat FSU, and then beat a top 2 Clemson team in the acc championship game, if we are undefeated, no way we don't make it to the national championship game

however, that is a LONG way to go, and seeing Florida get manhandled today lets us know our team has a LOT of work to do before even thinking about a national championship appearance

Seeing FL get manhandled today? LSU beat UF 17-6. Miami was up 21-9 until that stupid prevent defense gave up a quick 7 points. Miami would give LSU all they could handle.

I am certainly not diminishing our win over UF, as it was our biggest victory by far in several years, for a multitude of reasons.

But the notable difference between us and LSU, is that they jammed the ball down the gators' throat. It was very impressive. Clearly, the loss of Easely is enormous, but it does not explain everything. Our persistent deficiency in getting tough yards is the thing I think that we need to work on the most, bc you really want that to be a strength in the big games, particularly on the road.

Miami's power run game isn't there yet. Miami has a better passing attack and against big time defenses we're going to live and die by the pass. It is what it is. Still doesn't mean Miami can't hang with any team in the nation right now. Once the power running gets fixed this team is going to boot stomp the competition.

Advertisement
FSU is too talented across the board and will roll Clemson....hope I'm wrong, though, because the **** talking up here will be at an all time high!

I hope they beat the crap out of each other so bad they both are on 4th string qb's by the 3rd quarter.
I really don't care who wins.
I know if we sweep the state of Florida then good things occur.

Boston College had them and were poised for the upset until their qb tries to get rid of the ball when being sacked and fumbles into a scoop and score.
Clemson did not look like a top 5 team against an underachieving BC team.
Clemson could not handle BC's pressure defense and the Noles will be really bringing it.
The rookie Noles qb has the goods and Clemson won't be able to handle the Noles offense.
The Noles win in a blowout. Maybe like 35 to 10.
GO CANES!!!!

Noles aint bring it all year...they cant bring it...their pass rush has been pathetic this year with the new defense imo....

i think the noles win..maybe by a score...clemson defense isnt that good.....they have one guy that can legitimately rush..and they seem to always mess up in the secondary..where fsu can exploit...add to it...i dont think clemson can run on fsu.

Advertisement
I don't understand how people are rooting for Clemson to win.

As Canes you all should be drooling over the chance to play and beat FSU twice in the same season.

Only thing better than Beating FSU twice this year would be winning a NC. We need them to win so we can see them again in the ACCCG

i'd rather not play fsu twice in the same year. for one, it diminishes the value of the rivalry. as designed, the divisions were setup for fsu/clemson to win the atlantic and miami/vt to win the coastal (primarily us and fsu, hence the original championship game location in tampa). that's like kicking the first game in the *** because it really doesn't count if all goes according to plan in the first 12 games. the last thing i want to ever happen is a situation where we beat them the first time and they beat us in the championship game. the second reason is that rivalry games can go both ways and i like the idea of playing clemson once instead of a tossup rivalry game twice.

It's bad luck that Clemson have arrived a year too late. If it was Manuel coming to town they would win...arriving a year late means they are now just a nice antagonist to show Winston is worthy of the crown that will be resting on his head after this game.

Although I think some will hold out for the Florida game, as that is actually a real defense that give every QB no matter how talented significant trouble.

Im not sure but I think Jamies Winston will play against one other pretty good defense between the Clemson and uf games. Not sure tho. :ohlord:

This is going to be quite the game. Great to see all the attention an ACC game is/will be getting. It's not easy to roll into death valley on a sat night and pull out the W, but FSU does have the talent to do it.

Advertisement

Im not sure but I think Jamies Winston will play against one other pretty good defense between the Clemson and uf games. Not sure tho. :ohlord:

Past two years that UF defense has given good QBs ****. We have let avg QBs throw for 300yds last season. We haven't faced a talented QB so far this year.

We have not shown we can defend on that level....yet.

Pretty even, but I'll go with Vegas and the game being in Death Valley and say Clemson win by 3. Winston is due to play a bad game. If Clemson's D can contain Murray, they should be able to handle Winston. Should be a great game.

Advertisement
BC manhandled FSU so before anyone criticized Clemson go back and watch that game. Maryland is not a good team and FSU is overhyped. Playing at Clemson at night vs during the day is totally different. It will be hostile. FSU defense is not holding Clemson down. They cannot rush the passer without blitzing. Clemson D is not great but theycan match up against FSU. They matched up against UGA before their injuries. Winston is a good QB but this will be his first true test.

Advertisement
Back