FSU seems to save some of their worst performances for Wake

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
If anyone thinks that the FSU team they watched today is going to show up at Doak next Saturday then they will be very, very disappointed.

FSU saves their best for the Canes and their roster is littered with 5 star players and a coaching staff that not too long ago won a National Championship. FSU realizes that their entire season rests on a victory over the Canes this coming week and Doak will be rocking.

Again, if you are taking comfort in today's FSU performance or attaching any real significance to said performance I can promise you that thinking will be blown out of your mind not to terribly long after Saturday's kick-off.

Also, Jimbo will come up with a game plan to protect his youngster QB, so here again, I would suggest you not place your bets on that kid being a disaster...although, I sure as **** hope that is the case!

None of the above in any way suggests I don't have confidence in the Canes, but know it will be an incredible test...as always!

Last edited:
Advertisement
When the players suck, they suck, Stars be damned. Winston won that championship, not the corches. Also, he can game plan all he wants but their OL is atrocious and they lost both starters on Blackman's blindside.

If anyone thinks that the FSU team they watched today is going to show up at Doak next Saturday then they will be very, very disappointed.

FSU saves their best for the Canes and their roster is littered with 5 star players and a coaching staff that not too long ago won a National Championship. FSU realizes that their entire season rests on a victory over the Canes this coming week and Doak will be rocking.

Again, if you are taking comfort in today's FSU performance or attaching any real significance to said performance I can promise you that thinking will be blown out of your mind not to terribly long after Saturday's kick-off.

Also, Jimbo will come up with a game plan to protect his youngster QB, so here again, I would suggest you not place your bets on that kid being a disaster...although, I sure as **** hope that is the case!

None of the above in any way suggests I don't have confidence in the Canes, but know it will be an incredible test...as always!

Your garnet and gold panties are showing.

Really? I didn't realize you were down there...

If you think you saw the best of Miami vs Duke you are in for a surprise too and I'm sure our coaching staff has a game plan that could send a statement next week.

Advertisement

He's not lying though. Jimbo always has his team up for us. This week's theme will be the game that saves their season.

Really? I didn't realize you were down there...

Lmao, touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the players suck, they suck, Stars be damned. Winston won that championship, not the corches. Also, he can game plan all he wants but their OL is atrocious and they lost both starters on Blackman's blindside.

Okie Dokie! Let me guess, next you'll be posting if the Canes don't win, and win big, against the horrible FSU team you've described then Richt, Diaz, Kool, Searels and all the other coaches should be...wait for it...FIRED!!!

So, if Jimbo and his staff had nothing to do with their National Championship, then why do you place so much blame on say, Coach Diaz, when things are going badly? Obviously, you believe the coaches have no bearing on the games, only the players. It must be fun living in your acid induced world.

For those of you not still living in Haight Ashbury with Timothy Leary...FSU has a ton of talent and will be ready to go next Saturday.

If you think you saw the best of Miami vs Duke you are in for a surprise too and I'm sure our coaching staff has a game plan that could send a statement next week.

I 100% agree with you!!!

Advertisement

Okie Dokie! Let me guess, next you'll be posting if the Canes don't win, and win big, against the horrible FSU team you've described then Richt, Diaz, Kool, Searels and all the other coaches should be...wait for it...FIRED!!!

So, if Jimbo and his staff had nothing to do with their National Championship, then why do you place so much blame on say, Coach Diaz, when things are going badly? Obviously, you believe the coaches have no bearing on the games, only the players. It must be fun living in your acid induced world.

For those of you not still living in Haight Ashbury with Timothy Leary...FSU has a ton of talent and will be ready to go next Saturday.

By the 2-3 losses jimbob gets each year pre and post Winston. Diaz and Richt are responsible for the scheme and play calling that sometimes make you say wtf? If the players don't execute, that's on them. The talent you claim got beat by Bama and beat up by NC State and 59 1/2 min against Wake Forest.

It's Miami-FSU. Anything can happen.

What should happen, what I think will happen, is we roll. It will be a breath of fresh air for this program, a true rebirth, a turning of the corner. Whether FSU is straight **** or not.

By the 2-3 losses jimbob gets each year pre and post Winston. Diaz and Richt are responsible for the scheme and play calling that sometimes make you say wtf? If the players don't execute, that's on them. The talent you claim got beat by Bama and beat up by NC State and 59 1/2 min against Wake Forest.

And the 1983 Miami Hurricanes National Championship team was waxed 28 to 3 in their opening game. And later in the season East Carolina played them in the Orange Bowl and the Canes escaped with a 12 to 7 victory, that if memory serves me correctly, was decided by a long completion to Eddie Brown as the game was winding down. Based on your pretzel logic; that means that Canes team really didn't have any real talent. Seriously, put down the pipe!

Dude are you serious? Every good team struggles but to lose 2 first games and barely hang on to the 3rd against Wake Forest is pure garbage. The talent is based on recruiting services, it's not matching on the field. Do I think they'll be fired up? Of course but for you to compare this team to a national championship team is retarded.

Advertisement
OP is right, unfortunately, no matter what anyone here says.

And you know that DL is going to try that First Quarter bull rush that worked first play from scrimmage on Bard Kaayak because our guys didn’t pick up the obvious, and very telegraphed, blitz. This was at the Rock last year, iirc. Got the FSU traveling fans into the game.

The great thing is that Rosier appears to be a really tough QB, and a leader at the position. The team seems to be rallying around him. That will stand us in good stead when the going gets tough. And it will up there.

Last edited:

Where have you been, we aren't doing that this week. You want to talk about how fsu is better than their record, go to their board. Here we're only interested in how we're going to rip the souls out of them. I don't care how up they get for that game, we're going to demolish any sense of pride they've ever had. Alumni are going to be pretending to went to other schools. Bowden will roll over in his grave.

Advertisement
Dude are you serious? Every good team struggles but to lose 2 first games and barely hang on to the 3rd against Wake Forest is pure garbage. The talent is based on recruiting services, it's not matching on the field. Do I think they'll be fired up? Of course but for you to compare this team to a national championship team is retarded.

Not very sharp on the uptake are you Lee Harvey? My analogy was to refute 'YOUR' theory that a talented football team cannot possibly have several bad games, thus the UM mention. Try to keep up here.

Questions: Have you ever heard of that little ole football program based in Tuscaloosa, Alabama--called 'The Crimson Tide'? Rumor has it that they have a football team. And some folks foolishly think they are even better than some small high school football teams. Apparently, it was that Alabama intramural team who was one of the two losses that Florida State has suffered. I guess that also proves that Florida State has no talent...RIGHT?

Hopefully, you will see the humor that I have enjoyed when you of all people are calling someone retarded.

And yes "dude", I am serious.

Another week, another “shook by this weeks opponent” thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man stars don't matter when players don't pan out and when they aren't locked in. Ermon Lane is 1 example. Matt Thomas seems to be a good player but hardly the generational talent he was hyped as. As another poster posted Jimbo was very lucky to have basically the top QB and RB in school history back to back. Heck if Dalvin Cook committed here Al Golden would still be the coach. He was that good. Jimbo is clearly better than Al Golden but even FSU are starting to turn on him.

Advertisement
Back